Series Talk: Prospect Showcase, Sept 15th-17th (Wild YouTube)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So far, I like Kumpulainen and Lambos. They both have NHL frames. Kump will need a couple of years to fill out, but he has decent puck skills. Heidt and Haight have good offensive skills.

Disjointed defensively and timid offensively

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
The invitee, Kukumberg, had a really strong shift in that period, he looked like a very competent energy type of player, good defensive stick.

He’s got the only goal?
Yeah, but he could pretty easily have like 5 or 6 so far over these two games with the chances he has been generating, and I was specifically referencing the robbery on his cross crease one timer attempt.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Hey Wild fans I watched SKA St Petersbug play this morning and came away thinking young Marat Khusnutdinov looked pretty good but Bill Guerin should let him play a couple more seasons in the KHL and let him Percolate and be ready like their Super-Star Russian Kaprizov was when he arrived

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Does MN have any former players that had skill in their player development department?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Hey Wild fans I watched SKA St Petersbug play this morning and came away thinking young Marat Khusnutdinov looked pretty good but Bill Guerin should let him play a couple more seasons in the KHL and let him Percolate and be ready like their Super-Star Russian Kaprizov was when he arrived
This will be his third KHL season and he's not been getting a lot of playing time. Rather him sign here and spend time in Iowa...

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Figured this team would only have one offensive line when the roster came out. Looking better so far this period but pretty sloppy overall defensively. The Lambos-Spacek pairing wasn't working.

Was hoping to see more from Petrovsky.

Still time left I suppose.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Figured this team would only have one offensive line when the roster came out. Looking better so far this period but pretty sloppy overall defensively. The Lambos-Spacek pairing wasn't working.

Was hoping to see more from Petrovsky.

Still time left I suppose.
Nice feed to Dornbach for the goal there from Petrovsky.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m liking Lambos, a lot. Looks really wide, with decent size, good balance, good skating. Spacek

Great finish! Dornbach from Petrovsky.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's one of the stepping stone front office jobs for players to transition to management.

I won't pretend to have a pulse on who every teams player development coaches are, but Guerin filled that role in Pittsburgh between 2011 and 2014, and I can't think of anyone Pittsburgh developed in that time, and then he still got promoted. I'm just not convinced having skilled former players there matters.

I could be wrong, but for me, I don't expect player development coaches to take a third liner and make him a first liner, I expect them to help players get better at the "behind the scenes" stuff. Teaching them the little things it takes to succeed in the NHL. Lots of skilled prospects come through and don't stick because they can't win board battles, they can't play positionally sound hockey, they got by on natural talent for so long, they need to be programmed to play an NHL game now.

I don't think having a Patrick Kane instead of Darby Hendrickson as a player development coach would turn someone like Milne into a Guentzel, for example. So what does it matter if it's a grinder or a superstar. Just my 2 cents.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hope not.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
All round great composure by everyone out there on that goal.Dornbach with another point….that makes 3 so far in two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad