Denmark: Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yeah that would certainly be a historic outcome.
Nikolaj Ehlers keeps producing in Halifax with 1G 1A in the Halifax 4-1 win over Victoriaville.

Imo, he is slowly moving into a top 15 pick! :handclap:

Wow, we have seriously been hyping this kid, since his midget days... :yo:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Saw him play a few weeks ago, I hope the Habs draft him.
In what range of draft numbers will Montreal likely get?
Since Ehlers is rising steadily it might get less and less likely to get him as a late 1'st draft?

Halifax lost in shootout to Quebec (3-4). Ehlers missed his penalty but was 1G 1A again.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers played his last game before the WJC tonight, and he scored 3 points, putting him at 47 points in 34 games. I'm really looking forward to what he can do at the WJC next week.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehlers played his last game before the WJC tonight, and he scored 3 points, putting him at 47 points in 34 games. I'm really looking forward to what he can do at the WJC next week.

Yep 1G 2A in a 4-1 win. Ehlers is certainly in form! :handclap:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers keeps rising up various scounting lists. On Craig Buttons latest list he has risen to 10th. Not that surprisingly since he has been on an absoloute tear for the last month, 19 points in 11 games, 1.73 PPG.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehlers has a 5 point night with 1G 4A and first star when Halifax won 5-3 over Saint John.
So far 23G 32A in 37 games and 8'th in QMJHL in point production and far best rookie.
The top three in QMJHL are all called Anthony......how often does that happen you have a trio with the same name?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Making 3 hat tricks in a row (3-1, 3-1, 3-0) he "cooled off" produced “only“ 1G 2A last game.
Since 13'th of February he has a streak of 17G 8A, pretty impressive.
Ehlers has 47G 50A in 59 games.

Oliver Bjørkstrand has 44G 56A in 64 games in WHL making it a 100 points, which ties with Morten Madsen's danish record of 32G 68A in QMJHL in 2006-07 as best Danish production in the major NA junior leagues.

So it looks like a hard battle between Bjørkstrand and Ehlers who will be the best Dane ever production wise in these leagues.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So close but no cigar for Nikolaj Ehlers.
He could be one of the fairly rare rookies to crack 50 goals in the QMJHL, but ended the last game with 1G 2A and having 3 of his shots hit the post!

So he also just got passed by Drouin (had 1G 6A !! in that 8-6 win) and ended up as 4'th in the point production with 49G 55A 104P in 63 games. Though at least he beat Morten Madsen's Danish QMJHL record of 32G 68A 100P.

While for Portland Winterhawks Oliver Bjørkstrand had more "luck" and finished with a hat-trick [7-0 win], that got him up as best Dane ever in the top NA junior leagues with 50G 59A 109P in 68 games.

So Oliver Bjørkstrand is the all time Dane whom has most goal and most points, while Morten Madsen still has the assists record with 68.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Easy 4-0 series won for Halifax over Charlottetown.
Last game a massive 11-3 where Nikolaj Ehlers scored 2G.
So in these four matches he has 4G 6A.
That makes him fourth best in QMJHL and second in Halifax after Drouin that leads with 6G 7A.

Portland Winterhawks also won the series 4-0 over Vancouver with a 6-1 win last game.
Oliver Bjørkstrand had 1G 2A and has 4G 4A in 4 games.

Edmonton Oil Kings also won their series 4-0 over Prince Albert with 6-2 in the final game.
Mads Eller is 0G 0A in 4 games.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Jeff Marek on Marek vs Wyshynski podcast the other day, said he had talked to a scout who had Ehlers as high as number 3! And on some lists, he is not even in the top 10. Both Ehlers and Draisaitl seem to have polarized the scouting community.

Looks increasingly unlikely that Ehlers will be joining the Danish Colony in Vancouver.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jeff Marek on Marek vs Wyshynski podcast the other day, said he had talked to a scout who had Ehlers as high as number 3! And on some lists, he is not even in the top 10. Both Ehlers and Draisaitl seem to have polarized the scouting community.

Looks increasingly unlikely that Ehlers will be joining the Danish Colony in Vancouver.

So he could basically go anywhere (3-10 or so). That means that there is still some chance he falls to a team that really has him in high regard.
He could also perhaps end up being the pick Buffalo takes from the Islanders?!

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
So he could basically go anywhere (3-10 or so). That means that there is still some chance he falls to a team that really has him in high regard.
He could also perhaps end up being the pick Buffalo takes from the Islanders?!

In my wet dreams he ends up in Anaheim with their Ottawa 1st round pick and take over from Selänne this year :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In my wet dreams he ends up in Anaheim with their Ottawa 1st round pick and take over from Selänne this year :)

Yeah I actually thought about that as well. The question is whether he really is ready to play in NHL. Maybe he needs to bulk up another year?
But it's very likely - if he is not taking when it's time for Anaheim's pick - that they would take him for exactly that future role.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Yeah I actually thought about that as well. The question is whether he really is ready to play in NHL. Maybe he needs to bulk up another year?
But it's very likely - if he is not taking when it's time for Anaheim's pick - that they would take him for exactly that future role.

I think he needs another year. He's still very light. There's still lots he can learn in junior. Next year with no Drouin or Ashley, he will be THE go-to guy for the team.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I think he needs another year. He's still very light. There's still lots he can learn in junior. Next year with no Drouin or Ashley, he will be THE go-to guy for the team.

Like I said, it is a dream and I am quite sure that he can benefit enough in the qmjhl another year. Not so sure after that though. After the season 2014/2015 he will still be to young to enter AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad