Denmark: Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I have been suprised by Fucale in a negative way..

Thought he was going to be a stud, but every game I have followed with Hal, it seems he lets in goals a lot! And its not like he is being outshot!

Halifax ALWAYS outshoot their opponents and it always amazes me to see the shots 55-22 to Halifax and the score is 4-4.. It makes little sense that he is so highly touted.. Cant blame it all on the D.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I have been surprised by Fucale in a negative way..

Thought he was going to be a stud, but every game I have followed with Hal, it seems he lets in goals a lot! And its not like he is being outshot!

Halifax ALWAYS outshoot their opponents and it always amazes me to see the shots 55-22 to Halifax and the score is 4-4.. It makes little sense that he is so highly touted.. Cant blame it all on the D.

Well at least Kevin Darveau have made an impression (both scoring and letting only 1 goal in) and could make Halifax look forward to better goalkeeping?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well at least Kevin Darveau have made an impression (both scoring and letting only 1 goal in) and could make Halifax look forward to better goalkeeping?

I have the impression that after MacKinnon ledt, Fucale and Drouin are the big guns.
So I don't think they will be benching him too much.

Maybe this scares him into doing better :laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
:amazed: 15-5 over Rouyn-Noranda - what an incredible score.
Shots was 47-29 and Halifax pulled their first goalie out (Zachary Fucale) and their second goalkeeper (Kevin Darveau) even scored a goal!
The reason Fucale was pulled after the 1'st period was that the scored actually was 4-4 (the last two periods was won 11-1 by Halifax :yo:).
Ehlers was one of 3 Halifax players with 2G 3A and he was only second best with a +6 rating.

Ehlers has now 10G 18A in 21 games.

How did he do that? I can't imagine Rouyn-Noranda pulled their goalie at 14-5 :laugh:

Roz

Jul 2, 2013
NS
How did he do that? I can't imagine Rouyn-Noranda pulled their goalie at 14-5 :laugh:

Darveau didn't score.

As for Fucale: Stats only tell a small portion of any hockey story. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that people in this thread were talking about how they were disappointed in Ehlers because he hadn't put up any points for a few games. ;) He was still playing quite well, but just wasn't finishing.

Fucale's likely fine, just in a bit of a slump (well, a slump by Fucale's standards, lol). The bulk of the goals against him have been scored on the powerplay, including 2 of the 4 last night. Halifax's PK has been pretty bad so far this year, giving up a lot of quality chances. Ultimately, it's pretty nice to have a goalie who, even though he's in a slump, can still win 4 of his last 5 games :P

Regardless, I think Ducharme was right to pull him after the first period, it effectively changed the momentum. The Huskies kept their goaltender in and he kept getting lit up while Darveau shut the door. By the time Rouyn put their backup in it was too late.

Anyway, it's bad quality but you can see Ehlers' points here:

His goals are #5 and #8, and his assists are at #2, #3, and #12 (this one isn't much of anything, lol, just a quick, close-range pass).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Darveau didn't score.

As for Fucale: Stats only tell a small portion of any hockey story. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that people in this thread were talking about how they were disappointed in Ehlers because he hadn't put up any points for a few games. ;) He was still playing quite well, but just wasn't finishing.

Fucale's likely fine, just in a bit of a slump (well, a slump by Fucale's standards, lol). The bulk of the goals against him have been scored on the powerplay, including 2 of the 4 last night. Halifax's PK has been pretty bad so far this year, giving up a lot of quality chances. Ultimately, it's pretty nice to have a goalie who, even though he's in a slump, can still win 4 of his last 5 games :P

Regardless, I think Ducharme was right to pull him after the first period, it effectively changed the momentum. The Huskies kept their goaltender in and he kept getting lit up while Darveau shut the door. By the time Rouyn put their backup in it was too late.

Anyway, it's bad quality but you can see Ehlers' points here:

His goals are #5 and #8, and his assists are at #2, #3, and #12 (this one isn't much of anything, lol, just a quick, close-range pass).

Cheers mate :)

Nah, I know it's not all doom and gloom, but I have just been all like what the hell? Everytime I see the statsheet.

Mostly because I have several habs fan friends who keep hyping him into to freaking clouds.. Guess all I could be was dissapointed :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Uppps...doing all this fast reading and updates a (few hopefully and not many) errors are bound to happen :laugh:

Off course it makes sense when you think about it that you wouldn't do that being behind 9 goals.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Article about Ehlers with an Interview too.

NHL draft tracker: Nikolaj Ehlers, Halifax Mooseheads

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/nhl-draft-tracker-nikolaj-ehlers-halifax-mooseheads-181505777.html

Great article:
I especially like the fact that he can converse in french twice :sarcasm:
"who can converse in Danish, English, French, German, French, Swedish and Swiss-German"
Maybe French-Canadian was meant so they also mention German and Swiss German.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Great article:
"who can converse in Danish, English, French, German, French, Swedish and Swiss-German"

Maybe Swiss French?

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Great article:

Swiss-german and German is much more different than French and Quebec-French. Was probably just a mind-slip where he forgot what word he wrote two words prior.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well Quebec-French often use totally different words than in standard French which can cause some real confusion sometimes and also there are some phonetic problems, when you are not used to it.

Swiss-french gives no problems for a french speaker.
But absolutely true that Swiss-German is a tough nut when you have only "school-German" to fall back on.

But probably it's just a mind-slip in the article......

Brandel*

Congrats to him, I was hoping he'd stay a little more under the radar and Detroit would pick him up, since he's the type of player the wings love. But I guess that isn't going to happen when you play in Canada, especially in Halifax. It's awesome watching him play for the moose, excited to see how he performs in the playoffs.

EDIT:

I actually just noticed he has an article on the front page of NHL.com's headlines!!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691317&navid=nhl:topheads

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Congrats to him, I was hoping he'd stay a little more under the radar and Detroit would pick him up, since he's the type of player the wings love. But I guess that isn't going to happen when you play in Canada, especially in Halifax. It's awesome watching him play for the moose, excited to see how he performs in the playoffs.

I actually just noticed he has an article on the front page of NHL.com's headlines!!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691317&navid=nhl:topheads

That will certainly also help his ranking. He is slowly coming out of the European mist and into the NA draft sunshine! Being 17 is quite a big step upwards.
But are you saying that Detroit won't pick him because he plays in Canada? Almost all the best draftpicks are from OHL, WHL or QMJHL normally and by far the most teams from Canada. [5 USA teams from WHL and 3 from OHL]

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
That will certainly also help his ranking. He is slowly coming out of the European mist and into the NA draft sunshine! Being 17 is quite a big step upwards.
But are you saying that Detroit won't pick him because he plays in Canada? Almost all the best draftpicks are from OHL, WHL or QMJHL normally and by far the most teams from Canada. [5 USA teams from WHL and 3 from OHL]

Probably he mean that you cannot stay under the radar when playing in Canada, and especially in Halifax. :naughty:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
His production last games was:
15'th November 1A
16'th November 2G 1A
Both were Halifax wins. So the team is rolling at the moment and Nikolaj Ehlers keeps his production going! Now 14G 21A in 27 games and 7'th in QMJHL.

Roz

Jul 2, 2013
NS
Here's his two goals from last night. The second one was particularly nasty, lol.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Thanks for providing the video.
Otherwise Ehlers is back scoring goals, not assisting any of the 14 goals scored by Halifax these two games.
Nov. 22'th: 1G
Nov. 23'th: 2G

Currently he has 17G 21A in 29 games and is best rookie and 5'th on the overall list, though a group of players behind him has places fewer matches.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Thanks for providing the video.
Otherwise Ehlers is back scoring goals, not assisting any of the 14 goals scored by Halifax these two games.
Nov. 22'th: 1G
Nov. 23'th: 2G

Currently he has 17G 21A in 29 games and is best rookie and 5'th on the overall list, though a group of players behind him has places fewer matches.

Damn! We could be looking at a top ten if he continues like this.

They look to play some very nice looking hockey too over there in Halifax. The second goal is great individual effort from Ehlers but the first is just lovely team play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: