Prospect from your team who's made biggest leap

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Quite a few-hard to choose;

Carson Soucy- 25yo AHL/NCAA player who is playing on the Wild top 4, pushing Dumba back to the 3rd pairing. 6'5", can skate, handle the puck, jump into the play, yet still has an above average defensive game.

Sam Hentges- 7th round pick playing NCAA. 21 pts in 16 games. Wasn't even much of a factor in HS or junior.

Kohovanov- 2018 3rd round pick. Second in PPG on the Q after Lafreniere, and centering the Russian top line at the WJC

Beckman- 2019 3rd rounder. Leads WHL in scoring.

The only one I can truly vouch for is Soucy, as I have seen most of his games. He seems to be the real deal. Seems to have the right blend of offensive aggressiveness and defensive awareness that is hard to find in younger, hotshot Dmen who are hell bent on getting on the scoresheet. It's possible he flames out, but I don't see how barring a bad injury.

Hentges: last year had 10 goals and 20 points in 37 games; this year pacing 16 goals and 49 points

Khovanov: last year had 25 goals and 74 points in 64 games; this year pacing 49 goals and 130 points

Beckman: last year had 32 goals and 62 points in 68 games; this year pacing 49 goals and 111 points

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Filip Johansson is a point away from matching his full season total from last season and that’s in the SHL. He played in Allsvenskan last year ;)

Reactions: neelynugs

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Without question it's Victor Olofsson for the Sabres...a 7th rounder in 2014 and he's done nothing but improve by huge amounts each and every year since then. All the way up to being a badly needed first-line wing for us, probable 30+ goal scorer as a rookie, and presumptive Calder finalist...maybe even the favorite for the trophy.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
For the Nucks its gotta be Rafferty, virtual unknown undrafted college FA who is legally blind in one eye and now leading all AHL D in points as a rookie.

Tyler Madden also has been great but I think his breakout was last year becoming a first line center in college as a Freshman.

Reactions: Canucks LB

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Pierre Engvall. Was a guy we pretty much-expected nothing from and now looks like a legit middle-six winger.

Korshkov who many have written off as a bust also looks like he might be an NHLer. He'll never be better than Debrincat and others drafted after him, but he might be a useful contributor.

Nick Robertson has improved his stock. He probably would go 20-35 in a re-draft at this point.
Came to mention PE.

We very much lucked out on his progress. If it continues, it'll make larger cap F player expendable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad