Prospect from your team who's made biggest leap

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
3 months since rookie camps/tournaments and curious to hear which prospect on your team has made the biggest jump so far. for the bruins, i'd say goalie jeremy swayman from u.maine. 4th round pick in june, barely knew anything about him. didn't make the top 25 list on the b's board, but is having a great start to his freshman season and was invited to USA preliminary camp. so, who else?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Ostap Safin.

I do a top 20 Oilers Prospects ranking in the Summer and after the WJC. I ranked him 18th in the Summer, but he's been amazing for the Sea Dogs and will jump up to 6th or 7th for me, depending on his WJC.

He has all the tools.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ostap Safin.

I do a top 20 Oilers Prospects ranking in the Summer and after the WJC. I ranked him 18th in the Summer, but he's been amazing for the Sea Dogs and will jump up to 6th or 7th for me, depending on his WJC.

He has all the tools.

Honourable mention to Philip Kemp. Largely unheralded 7th round pick in 2017, currently one of four RHD left on Team USA's World Junior roster. That, my friends, is a leap. Particularly as a '99.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Definitely Elias Pettersson... was nearly a PPG pace player in the Allsvenskan in his draft year, then has a bit of a slow start to his d+1 year and after that has been on fire. Now he leads the SHL in points with 35 points in 26 games and has more than double the points of the next U20 player (Lias Andersson w/ 14 points in 22 games).

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
It's probably between Liljegren or Andreas Johnsson for the Leafs. People already thought Dermott and Kapanen were strong players last year.

Johnsson is a bit of a older prospect but he had some troubles coming to N.A. He got laid out with a dirty hit and concussed in first game? in the AHL. To end last year, him and Kapanen were easily the best forwards on the Marlies to end the year and into the playoffs. And it's carried on into this year.

He's one of the biggest sleeper prospects on the Leafs to me. He does everything well and some things very good->great. The only caveat is he's a bit of a older prospect so it's difficult to gauge his upside, there's definitely a chance he busts out altogether secondary to a lack of potential for growth. I've been calling him one of the biggest sleeper prospects for a while, he's looked better than Kapanen to start the year (Kapanen might have better tools but Johnsson is just as dynamic but uses his toolbox more + has better general instincts). He reminds me of a poor man's Ehlers/Guentzel with his playstyle.

With Liljegren, he had a horrid draft year secondary to mono and bouncing around on a terrible SHL team. What he's done this year so far at least, sort of reaffirms the talent he's always shown.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
For the Canucks, I am going to go off the board a little bit and say Jonah Gadjovich. As a late 2nd, the outlook is generally quite low to make the NHL. He has a very defined role camping out in front of the net, and has converted that into a spot on Team Canada. His game has developed into exactly what the Canucks need in terms a of a physical net front presence.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Currently for the CBJ that player is PLD. He is currently centering our top line and doing really well.

After him it's Bjorkstrand (on pace for 50 points) and Nutivaara (went from being a bottom pairing guy to a solid top-4 PMD).

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Timashov and johnsson for Toronto

Production was a massive spike for dmytro timashov.

Johnnsson has solidified as one of the best forwards on the Marlies.

Other teams, Tyler Steenbergen has 61 points in 27 games, had 91 in 72 last year.
Eeli Tolvanen see above!
Ryan Poehling
Aleksi heponiemi
jack Roslovic
Andrew Mangiapane
Trevor Carrick
Elias Petterson
Dominik Simon

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Conor Timmins.
Also, he wasn't picked by the Avalanche, but thanks to Ottawa Shane Bowers is now Colorado's property and his stock has certainly risen. Has 3 less points than Mittelstadt (good comparison as another freshman) while being a year younger and offense isn't even what his game is hyped on.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:sabres

C.J. Smith - AHL rookie who is a PPG player. Went from potential depth player in the future who was signed as a NCAA free agent to arguably a top-5 prospect in our system.

Victor Olofsson - 7th round pick who had to have a good season in Sweden to earn a contract, currently one of the best goal scorers in the SHL and PPG..safe to say he will get one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->