Prospect from your team who's made biggest leap

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
It's easily Ty Lewis. 6th in WHL scoring while being a complete 200 ft player. Has great energy and a good character guy so he should be a future NHLer. 2nd best has been Travis Barron. Finally consistently putting up offense to go along with his heavy and elite defensive game. An ideal 4th liner in todays nhl.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For Philly, maybe Cooper Marody.

He is 6th in NCAA scoring and in the summer was voted the 24th best prospect on our boards. And that doesn't include goalies so he would have dropped another 3-5 spots.

The only drafted NCAA guys with more points than him are Evans(Mtl) and Allison....another Flyers prospect.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Chytil. Went from mid 1st rounder with a ton of uncertainties to putting up .8 P/Gp in the AHL as the youngest player to play in the league since 1974 (Mario Tremblay)

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
No one for the Leafs jumps out in a huge way. Timashov's priduction has increased and Johnsson has solified himself as mentioned above.

One thing I'd add is that Jeremy Bracco is making a better transition to the AHL than I wouldve expected 2G 6A through 15GP. Nothing spectacular, but many people said he'd flat out bust when he turned pro. Most of those points have come in the last 7 or so games too, so the kid is on track to being a very good AHL player and soon, the NHL is a whole nother level though.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Jesper Bratt... it’s at a point where I think he’s legit and will have a career as top six forward, maybe even more.

Easily goes top 5 in a redraft

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Most are saying Pettersson but I’m going with Boeser on this. We all knew Elias’ potential when he was drafted but Brock has gone from 23rd OA in a strong draft to being probably redrafted in the top 5 + leading in goals and points for rookies

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Jesper Bratt... it’s at a point where I think he’s legit and will have a career as top six forward, maybe even more.

Easily goes top 5 in a redraft

He doesn't go top 5. In a redraft he doesn't go above Matthews, Laine, Keller, McAvoy or Sergachev

Reactions: schnapshot

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm sure plenty would have him ahead of Keller, seeing as he's outproduced and outplayed him in their (albeit short) careers.

I am absolutely sure that not a single GM in the NHL would take Bratt over Keller. Bratt barely has better offensive #s and at 5v5 Keller has been more productive than Bratt despite being on the 30th best offensive team in the NHL while Bratt is on the 14th.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I am absolutely sure that not a single GM in the NHL would take Bratt over Keller. Bratt barely has better offensive #s and at 5v5 Keller has been more productive than Bratt despite being on the 30th best offensive team in the NHL while Bratt is on the 14th.
Edit: thought it was about Boeser, loool

Reactions: FlyTimmo

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Hard to say from the Flyers who made the biggest leap. Morgan Frost is looking like a stud. I personally was expecting him to put up ~90 points, but he is trending to score 110+. Wade Allison and Nicolas Aubé-Kubel also made sizable jumps in their game.

Reactions: Kitten Mittens

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Stelio Mattheos. Dude's showing EXACTLY why he went #1 OA in the WHL draft. 52 points in 33 games, guy's a beast.

Him, Lipanov (at draft time), and a few others I was hoping would drop (but never did) were the main reasons I didn't want to do the Boyle deal.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Dallas:

Miro Heiskanen. Knew he was going to be a great defensive player, but his offence has been great this year could be a Duncan Keith clone.

Colton Point. Went from an unknown prospect to putting up some of the best numbers in college. Made the Canada world junior team.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He is maybe top 10, and that might be generous.

And that is still, by far, the biggest "leap" of any prospect. I think they hype gets a bit out of control from time to time, but for the purposes of the thread, I think it's hard to argue any prospect made a bigger jump.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
And that is still, by far, the biggest "leap" of any prospect. I think they hype gets a bit out of control from time to time, but for the purposes of the thread, I think it's hard to argue any prospect made a bigger jump.

I agree. How often do we see 6th round draft picks, a year after they were drafted, jump into the NHL and become a very productive player? Can't be too often.

Reactions: My3Sons

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He is maybe top 10, and that might be generous.

How do you figure that? Bratt's 8th in points, 6th in points/60, and 5th in points/game of all the players from his draft.

I agree. How often do we see 6th round draft picks, a year after they were drafted, jump into the NHL and become a very productive player? Can't be too often.

As far as I can tell it's never happened. I can't find one other instance of it.

Other 6th rounders who came in like this are guys like Alfredsson, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, but none of them played an NHL game until they were 23.

If you look at the 5th round closest comparable would probably be Jamie Benn who came into the league at 20.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Nicolas Hague has probably improved his stock to top 20 worthy of a redraft though I am obviously biased. I wanted Vegas to draft Hague really badly.

4th in points for defenseman (37 in 34) in the OHL, 4th in penalty minutes, and scoring over half a goal per game which he has already scored more goals than his previous year in half the games.

He was a question mark in his draft as he was so raw. Probably only got picked in the 2nd round because he is a good skater and 6’6”.

He is obviously providing the offense, is solid defensively, and apparently has developed a mean streak.

I hate how prospects are always compared to stars, but stylistically that sounds a lot like Weber. Weak man’s of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad