Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Cross Hanas is 29th in WHL scoring which is... fine for a 20 year old?

The WHL isn't as high scoring as the OHL. It's pretty good, all things considered. I'm still wishing Detroit would have picked any of a handful of other players in that range. (Nikishin, Sokolov, Tristan Robins, Niemela)

Hanas to me looks like a guy that will end up an AAAA level player. Top notch AHLer/Euro league scorer but can't crack the NHL full time.

Reactions: lilidk

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Any Windsor fans have a word on Zito? Is he playing center? His numbers seem encouraging but I haven't been able to watch him.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Any Windsor fans have a word on Zito? Is he playing center? His numbers seem encouraging but I haven't been able to watch him.

I've seen him and thought he looked like theres something there. Windsor fans seem to be pretty happy with how hes playing though. I think for where he was picked hes doing really well so far

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The WHL isn't as high scoring as the OHL. It's pretty good, all things considered. I'm still wishing Detroit would have picked any of a handful of other players in that range. (Nikishin, Sokolov, Tristan Robins, Niemela)

Hanas to me looks like a guy that will end up an AAAA level player. Top notch AHLer/Euro league scorer but can't crack the NHL full time.

Yeah he gives off that vibe to me as well. If he figures out ways to create space and adds more to his game he has NHL talent so that door isn't closed. I don't really see it translating up still without some adjustments, he can play pretty slow is another thing from my viewings. Wonderful hands though, still hoping those carry the day to something.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
He has more long term upside than Wallstedt, people need to get over it
I wanted Wallstedt; I'm still happy we got one of the top goalies, but I see people make this argument...statement...whatever it is, I just don't understand how that is such an absolute. Every scouting report I have ever read said both could be franchise goalies and essentially a coin-flip on who was going to turn out better.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I wanted Wallstedt; I'm still happy we got one of the top goalies, but I see people make this argument...statement...whatever it is, I just don't understand how that is such an absolute. Every scouting report I have ever read said both could be franchise goalies and essentially a coin-flip on who was going to turn out better.

Cossa is better because the Wings drafted him, and the Wings don't make mistakes.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
In the end some random 5th or 7th round pick will end up being better than both anyway.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I really don't have much faith in any of our NA prospects besides Mazur and Cossa. They all seem to have very limited upside and their production is underwhelming across the board.

I'd rather we spend more draft capital in Europe, we seem to do a lot better over there

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I really don't have much faith in any of our NA prospects besides Mazur and Cossa. They all seem to have very limited upside and their production is underwhelming across the board.

I'd rather we spend more draft capital in Europe, we seem to do a lot better over there
Outside Edvinsson I don't see any impact prospect we have

Reactions: David D

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Those scouting reports are before the draft. Since then Wallestedt is having a fantastic season dominating the SHL and Cossa is regressing playing against kids and wasn't very good in the most important games of his career thus far.

Reactions: jfrank21

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Wallstedt hasn't been very good since coming back from the WJC
Pretty much every goaltending prospect of the past several years, if you look at just the numbers, looks like a bust. Alnefelt, Askarov, Wallstedt, Cayden Primeau, Hart, Knight...all with middling to sub-par save %. But that's the beauty of goalie prospects in their first 5-7 years. If anything Cossa's numbers are better than the other guys. Just that Hart and Knight have more NHL experience, at this stage.

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Thank you, guys - whatever Buium will develop into, you already gave me fond memories and a nice chuckle. That is one catchy tune for sure!

Gruß,
BSHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad