Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 20/21 "It Could Have Been Lundell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Ehm Jarvis, Krebs? They are at least as good, Zegras is on another level and not comparable.

#1 defenseman in Seider vs 1st line forward in Jarvis and Zegras.
Krebs doesn’t belong in this discussion.

Seider is better than Zegras, and better than Jarvis despite hot starts in watered a down AHL.

Reactions: Realgud
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Ehm Jarvis, Krebs? They are at least as good, Zegras is on another level and not comparable.
I really like Krebs, but come on. And Jarvis? Production in what is essentially the ACHL isn't going to convince anybody of anything. It's telling the tale right now, where Zegras tore up the AHL and is having trouble getting anything going in Anaheim now. Granted, that team is an offensive black hole, but still. Give me the SHL any day.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Wow Lowell upsets BU 2-1... I still think BU gets in the tourney but whoa

No points for our 2 guys
I was able to catch most of this game. Mastro looked ok, a lot smaller than I thought. He was around the puck a lot but couldn't get anything going. I was a little disappointed honestly, it's his second year and he had all that time off to work out and maybe take a big step in development but I'm not seeing a gamechanger (skill or speedwise) at the next level and it doesn't seem like he has the size or strength to play down the lineup. They didn't have him out there when they pulled the goalie to try to tie the game. Even after they called a timeout, he was stapled to the bench. Hopefully another year gives him the time to shine but I was underwhelmed with where he is at, especially after watching all of Michigan's freshmen play so well this year. I thought Barton looked pretty solid, moved well and handled forecheckers with ease. Nothing popped out offensively, even though he was on their pp but he looked like a steady presence who might turn into something down the line.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was able to catch most of this game. Mastro looked ok, a lot smaller than I thought. He was around the puck a lot but couldn't get anything going. I was a little disappointed honestly, it's his second year and he had all that time off to work out and maybe take a big step in development but I'm not seeing a gamechanger (skill or speedwise) at the next level and it doesn't seem like he has the size or strength to play down the lineup. They didn't have him out there when they pulled the goalie to try to tie the game. Even after they called a timeout, he was stapled to the bench. Hopefully another year gives him the time to shine but I was underwhelmed with where he is at, especially after watching all of Michigan's freshmen play so well this year. I thought Barton looked pretty solid, moved well and handled forecheckers with ease. Nothing popped out offensively, even though he was on their pp but he looked like a steady presence who might turn into something down the line.

Barton has always been a super intriguing prospect. He has a lot of tools, his skating is pretty good. Curious what the organization thinks of him at this point.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Wallinder's season is over after MODO played the their last game today and finished outside the playoffs. Berglund's and Setkov's teams advance to at least the play-in round.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Come on Seider is nowhere near Zegras in skill lvl.
Perhaps not in terms of skill, but I'd say that Seider is every bit as good as Zegras as a prospect. I've had discussions with Anaheim fans and most of them feel the same way. Most seem to even prefer Seider as a prospect. Even if you prefer Zegras, which is totally fair, I think they're in the same tier.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Man, some of the takes on thsi board are bordering on trolling. Peyton Krebs over Seider. I’ve heard it all.

I’d bet both my nuts that Seider will make a much bigger impact in the NHL than each of Zegras, Krebs, and Jarvis. And in fact, I think it won’t be particularly close, either.

it’s one thing to be a realist, and tis another to jsut blindly hate everything our team does. Seider is by every single metric an absolute home run pick so far and would be in contention for #1 in a redraft currently.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Come on Seider is nowhere near Zegras in skill lvl.

Zegras isn’t the second coming of Gretzky. And Seider is no slouch in terms of skill. His passing on the breakout and from the offensive blue line in AND his ability to hold the offensive blue line will be as impactful offensively as Zegras’ playmaking.
All while being a defensive beast.

Reactions: Tetsuo

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Wallinder need to play in OHL, he has no business to be in AHL.
He can't just go play in the OHL, hence why I said 'practice.' I'm sure Wallinder could play in the AHL right now as well, it would at least be beneficial to get him to North America to continue his development for the rest of the season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He can't just go play in the OHL, hence why I said 'practice.' I'm sure Wallinder could play in the AHL right now as well, it would at least be beneficial to get him to North America to continue his development for the rest of the season.
Have you see him playing for Modo?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, OHL is a step back, back to juniors. Why bother?

Better continue playing against men. Just like Seider, it's already his 3rd year and guy is more NHL ready than anybody outside NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia