Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
FRIDGE WATCH:

Eemeli Rasanen: 12 points in 16 games (CHL)
Keaton Middleton: 7 points in 11 games (CHL)
Fedor Gordeev: 7 points in 15 games (CHL)
Nicolas Mattinen: 9 points in 16 games (CHL)
J.D. Greenway: No games played (NCAA) - anyone know why?

J.D. Greenway - Not playing - stepped away from the team for personal reasons I heard on here awhile back. I guess one could speculate about academic concerns, health, stress etc. Just hope he sorts things out and puts his mental health ahead of everything else.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Didn't he get a couple games in? I swear I recall the announcer talking about there being 2 Rasanen on the team. I could be mistaken but I recall hearing.

I thought this too but that poster convinced me I was wrong

Edit: ah reading further down the page that’s what it was the summer series

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
J.D. Greenway - Not playing - stepped away from the team for personal reasons I heard on here awhile back. I guess one could speculate about academic concerns, health, stress etc. Just hope he sorts things out and puts his mental health ahead of everything else.
Is it a mental health issue or academics issue?

If it's academics, can he not report to Flint (OHL)?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is it a mental health issue or academics issue?

If it's academics, can he not report to Flint (OHL)?

Sure, or Flint could deal him to another team for a boat load. London may be interested in a high end LD since Mete may not come back. Plus since he's an NCAAer, he could stay for an OA year in the OHL (ala Piccinich) if there is no room for him on the Marlies next year. We hold his rights for 4 years regardless of where he ends up, or if he's worthy of an ELC right away. We could give him an AHL deal if we wanted as well.

I would try talking with him if I were the Leafs. See where's he's at and what he wants to do regarding his hockey career. OHL is probably his best course of action as of right now, especially since Wisconsin is not exactly an elite NCAA team. Worked for Bracco and Piccinich, and while Greenway is a bigger guy who probably needs the time, we can still give him that time in the OHL for the next 2 years and then an additional few in the ECHL. He's a lot more skilled and refined than Tyler Biggs, so he probably wouldn't have needed 4 years in the NCAA anyways.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone else find it strange that Stephen Desrocher isn't playing anywhere yet this year? Is he with a team?

Doesn't seem like it. I would give him something if I were the Marlies/Solar Bears. Guy was an excellent shutdown guy and he can easily be one of those good 96' projects. Would not get much time on the Marlies right not, but I bet he could challenge for a spot on the Solar Bears right now.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Sure, or Flint could deal him to another team for a boat load. London may be interested in a high end LD since Mete may not come back. Plus since he's an NCAAer, he could stay for an OA year in the OHL (ala Piccinich) if there is no room for him on the Marlies next year. We hold his rights for 4 years regardless of where he ends up, or if he's worthy of an ELC right away. We could give him an AHL deal if we wanted as well.

I would try talking with him if I were the Leafs. See where's he's at and what he wants to do regarding his hockey career. OHL is probably his best course of action as of right now, especially since Wisconsin is not exactly an elite NCAA team. Worked for Bracco and Piccinich, and while Greenway is a bigger guy who probably needs the time, we can still give him that time in the OHL for the next 2 years and then an additional few in the ECHL. He's a lot more skilled and refined than Tyler Biggs, so he probably wouldn't have needed 4 years in the NCAA anyways.
I just find it odd that we haven't heard anything about this.

I hope he is okay.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I haven't seen much of the Marlies this season, but they must be playing well together if Keefe continues to use them as the top pair.

Yeah, I only know last game they were listed together and top pair so it may only be their 2nd game together. I can’t watch marlies games unfortunately so no idea if they have been good or just getting a couple game look together

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I'll be disappointed in this board if "Fridge Watch" doesn't catch on.

We've got 5 towering D to keep track of, so posts concerning them should be labelled.
@saltming For me atleast it's a sarcastic term of endearment poking fun at all the bloggers/sports writers/ and some posters that lost their minds at the selections, lumped them together as one homogeneous entity to be written off and used things like fridge/ coke machine as insults.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
@saltming For me atleast it's a sarcastic term of endearment poking fun at all the bloggers/sports writers/ and some posters that lost their minds at the selections, lumped them together as one homogeneous entity to be written off and used things like fridge/ coke machine as insults.
Ahh thanks for the insight. The first time I heard it I was talking with kiwi and he called Middleton a fridge on skates and it's stuck since then.
I'm good with whatever as long as we get some players out of it. Big mobile defense is always a good thing.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Joseph Woll has had a rough season so far, but it looks like he played well tonight and ended the game on a interesting note...
BC-5 Joseph Woll (2-Roughing)19:58
BC-6 Joseph Woll (5-KICKING) MER 0x5 19:58
BC-7 Joseph Woll (10-Disqualification) 19:58
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Dakota Joshua with a goal and assist

Gordeev with an assist

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Joseph Woll has had a rough season so far, but it looks like he played well tonight and ended the game on a interesting note...
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Well I suppose he'll have some time to practice and look at tape, any league I know of kicking comes with either a hearing or a gross misconduct and hefty automatic suspension pending appeal.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Dakota Joshua with a goal and assist

Gordeev with an assist
Hmmm I wonder if his coach is Ron Hextall? Hahahaha

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Remember when people were complaining about Keefe that his teams havent been good defensively, and we need to find a coach that can teach our prospects defence.

Well the Marlies have allowed 25 goals in 11 games. They have played 4 less games then the Leafs, allowing 30 less goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad