Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bracco recieves 4th line ice time. He gets primary assists on a 2nd line level and overall is a top end 2nd line-lower end 1st line playmaker. They arent just inflated by powerplay points either. His even strength primary assists is at a top end 2nd line level. The only thing off are his goals but he hasnt been a huge goal scorer even in Junior, and with a little more puck plus experience, the goals will come.
He has been very productive despite not getting a lot of ice time.
Bracco is an assist machine. if he gets the work ethic and defensive game that he needs, he'll be a very very good player for us at the NHL level

Reactions: stickty111

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Glad Bracco is getting some love here. He's a guy I've constantly raved about. (I personally had him ranked 13th in his draft year).

Bracco is an assist machine. if he gets the work ethic and defensive game that he needs, he'll be a very very good player for us at the NHL level

He's been working his ass off. Last season he would make regular trips from Windsor/Kitchener to Toronto to work with the Leafs strength/conditioning team, and even earlier this season when he wasn't playing as much, Keefe said that Bracco and the teams main focus was getting his strength up. Keefe said Bracco was working every day to get his speed and fitness up. Here's a quote from Keefe from earlier in the season;

DNe1rriXcAAyTi1.jpg

Reactions: cookie

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Glad Bracco is getting some love here. He's a guy I've constantly raved about. (I personally had him ranked 13th in his draft year).

He's been working his ass off. Last season he would make regular trips from Windsor/Kitchener to Toronto to work with the Leafs strength/conditioning team, and even earlier this season when he wasn't playing as much, Keefe said that Bracco and the teams main focus was getting his strength up. Keefe said Bracco was working every day to get his speed and fitness up. Here's a quote from Keefe from earlier in the season;

DNe1rriXcAAyTi1.jpg
that's good news for us, bad news for the rest of the league. In an ideal world, I'd love to see Bracco stick as Matthews' right winger. he's so so good at finding his teammates, and it would let Willy and Marner also have their own lines. We'd be a complete nightmare to match up against.

I think Bracco's offensive upside doesn't get the attention it deserves honestly

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think he probably gets another shot. But for a guy whose bar has consistently been lowered (potential 2nd line centre to now fourth line guy) he can't seem to meet even those modest expectations. What's worse is that his lack of development has cost us a second rounder (possibly two if you include last year) to shore up the role we'd like him to fill.

At this point I'd be happy with a slightly better skating David Steckel in the faceoff circle. There'd be some use in that at least.

Though Babcocks big take away as of late is that “speed matters”, which I think is going to keep the goat from ever getting another chance. He has slow acceleration, Stone hands and isn’t particularly aggressive on the forecheck either.

Given his age I just don’t see much more room for improvement. But we’ll see next camp I suppose if he gets another look

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
that's good news for us, bad news for the rest of the league. In an ideal world, I'd love to see Bracco stick as Matthews' right winger. he's so so good at finding his teammates, and it let Willy and Marner also have their own lines. We'd be a complete nightmare to match up against.

I think Bracco's offensive upside doesn't get the attention it deserves honestly

Bracco still needs another full season in the AHL, and then perhaps a partial AHL season, but he has the potential to definitely end up being an offensive weapon for us in the top 6/9.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bracco still needs another full season in the AHL, and then perhaps a partial AHL season, but he has the potential to definitely end up being an offensive weapon for us in the top 6/9.
agreed. the talent is there, but you want to see him progress in the areas he needs to. And so far he has been, which is very nice to see

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
agreed. the talent is there, but you want to see him progress in the areas he needs to. And so far he has been, which is very nice to see

IIRC Keefe recently praised how he's learning the defensive game and what it means to play the pro game. Bracco seems like he's focused on learning and doing whatever the Leafs ask. Seems very coachable.

He's good friends with Matthews and Marner, so I'm sure he's doing whatever he can to join them in the NHL

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

You never know.

He might be competing for a spot in September, no van Riemsdyk, no Bozak, no Plekanec, no Moore. Komarov maybe gone.

All the guys from overseas aren't guaranteed anything.

You don't need to have years of AHL experience, quite a few high draft picks go from junior to the NHL.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Eric Fehr has 3g1a in san jose ... We really did waste a 2nd on plekanac

I love most of what this management team has done for a few years now but holy moses, if there was ever a trade just for the sake of making a trade it was the Plekanec one. I couldn't wrap my head around it then and its even been compounded now. The very definition of a trade for the sake of a trade.

Reactions: bonjovi0308

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
that's good news for us, bad news for the rest of the league. In an ideal world, I'd love to see Bracco stick as Matthews' right winger. he's so so good at finding his teammates, and it would let Willy and Marner also have their own lines. We'd be a complete nightmare to match up against.

Four goals might be the reason.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

Ferguson is the 4th college player signed to an ATO since the beginning of March (others: Plouffe, Kestner, and Pooley).

I wonder if a lot of these guys end up in St. John's next year, finally realizing the team's vision to turn the ECHL into a genuine 2nd tier development option.

As for Engvall, that he's been invited to North America for the second year in a row probably bodes well for his chances of getting an ELC.

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Bracco recieves 4th line ice time. He gets primary assists on a 2nd line level and overall is a top end 2nd line-lower end 1st line playmaker. They arent just inflated by powerplay points either. His even strength primary assists is at a top end 2nd line level. The only thing off are his goals but he hasnt been a huge goal scorer even in Junior, and with a little more puck plus experience, the goals will come.
He has been very productive despite not getting a lot of ice time.

Where do you get these more detailed AHL stats with TOI etc.?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Grundstrom scores the game tying goal before Dahlin gets the winner as Frolunda completes a 3rd period comeback from being down two. Series now tied at 1-1. It was Grundstrom's 4th goal in the last 5 games.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Ferguson is the 4th college player signed to an ATO since the beginning of March (others: Plouffe, Kestner, and Pooley).

I wonder if a lot of these guys end up in St. John's next year, finally realizing the team's vision to turn the ECHL into a genuine 2nd tier development option.

As for Engvall, that he's been invited to North America for the second year in a row probably bodes well for his chances of getting an ELC.

So far thats 4 forwards from the NCAA so far (top scorers on each of their teams to be fair). I wonder then where St. John's is going to get its D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad