Prospect Info: Pronman's top 100 prospects

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Pronman's Top 10 list for Jets came out.

His rankings will definitely make some here happy (JetKarma).

1) Ehlers
2) Morrissey
3) Petan
4) Copp
5) Hellebuyck
6) Kosmachuk
7) Lowry
8) Glover
9) Comrie
10) Kichton
11) Lipon
12) De Leo

Some random notes:
* Said our system is top end heavy with the big 3 (get it... I made a funny, because they are traditionally undersized) of Ehlers, Josh and Petan. After that depth is less in quality but quantity.
* Copp is "fantastic defensively" and works hard.
* Kosmachuk one of top players in OHL.
* Lowry had decent season while transitioning positions.
* Glover has tools and slowly became the USNDTP's best defenseman defensively speaking by the end (Garret's note: and highest pts/gp of the 2014 draftees).
* Comrie has good athletecism but is improving in smarts and stance/positioning.
* Lipon has speed and energy, good AHL rookie season and good PP.
* De Leo above average skater with flashes of even better than that.
* Non-zero chance the big 3 get good looks in camp.
* Hellebuyck shows "advanced game".
* Kichton wins noteworthy prospect as not well-rounded player (knocks physicality and defensive playe) but notes points.

jetkarma*

Like I have said I don't mind being strong on this position , and have been for a long time .

Lowry at LW with Copp at C and Kosmachuk at RW really intrigues me , too bad Copp won't be in Pentiction , that would have made the trip even more worth the while.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetkarma*

Pronman's Top 10 list for Jets came out.

His rankings will definitely make some here happy (JetKarma).

1) Ehlers
2) Morrissey
3) Petan
4) Copp
5) Hellebuyck
6) Kosmachuk
7) Lowry
8) Glover
9) Comrie
10) Kichton
11) Lipon
12) De Leo

Some random notes:
* Said our system is top end heavy with the big 3 (get it... I made a funny, because they are traditionally undersized) of Ehlers, Josh and Petan. After that depth is less in quality but quantity.
* Copp is "fantastic defensively" and works hard.
* Kosmachuk one of top players in OHL.
* Lowry had decent season while transitioning positions.
* Glover has tools and slowly became the USNDTP's best defenseman defensively speaking by the end (Garret's note: and highest pts/gp of the 2014 draftees).
* Comrie has good athletecism but is improving in smarts and stance/positioning.
* Lipon has speed and energy, good AHL rookie season and good PP.
* De Leo above average skater with flashes of even better than that.
* Non-zero chance the big 3 get good looks in camp.
* Hellebuyck shows "advanced game".
* Kichton wins noteworthy prospect as not well-rounded player (knocks physicality and defensive playe) but notes points.

Well the thing is I am so positive on Copp because imo ( and as we go further , more and more inside hockey people are as well ) he is a really really good prospect and should be a fantastic pick. The type of pick you need , real production , real player from past the top round or early rounds.

On the other hand , when Copp gets rated 13th best Jet prospect or later , that also makes me happy as if he was anywhere near that ranking , we would be LOADED ;)

JT Compher is a very highly rated Buffalo prospect and while a year younger and their games not exactly mirroring each others , I think it is yet another player to use in comparison. More and more ..... ;) hey sometimes you're right ;) If I am on Copp , like Button said , he will be a VERY important player for Winnipeg.

That should make us all happy , and provide another answer for what did Chevy do .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad