Prospect Info: Pronman's top 100 prospects

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just saw Pronman's list on hockeybuzz.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=119255&forum_id=1%22

What I don't get is why Tanner Pearson is on the list. He played 25 games in the past season and 24 in the playoffs (plus 1 last year in the playoffs) and won the cup. Shouldn't that count as graduation from prospect?

Thanks for the link. If Pearson is on the list, you might as well put O'Dell on the list too.

Who is "Peter Tessier" who blogs on HB? I found his linked article criticizing the Jets to be rather muddled and polemic.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks for the link. If Pearson is on the list, you might as well put O'Dell on the list too.

Who is "Peter Tessier" who blogs on HB? I found his linked article criticizing the Jets to be rather muddled and polemic.

It goes against the common thinking here but I wouldn't have O'Dell on that list, eligible or not.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Org rankings are out.

Any insider care to let us know where we placed? :)

Buffalo, Tampa, and Islanders were all shoo-ins to be ahead of us. Those teams I think everyone expected in the top 3.

I'm surprised he was so high on Preds to put them 4th and ahead of Panthers (I would have had FLA at 4th) and maybe after CBJ.

Interesting that we compared ourselves to CGY not too long ago and Pronman put Jets just ahead of Calgary... Vancouver being next though at 9th is a bit of a head scratcher for me.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Buffalo, Tampa, and Islanders were all shoo-ins to be ahead of us. Those teams I think everyone expected in the top 3.

I'm surprised he was so high on Preds to put them 4th and ahead of Panthers (I would have had FLA at 4th) and maybe after CBJ.

Interesting that we compared ourselves to CGY not too long ago and Pronman put Jets just ahead of Calgary... Vancouver being next though at 9th is a bit of a head scratcher for me.

He seems to put heavy emphasis on 1st round picks. The Jets being the top ranked Canadian team is largely based on that, you'd think, and the goalie strength. His write-up about Vancouver seems to confirm the theory, as their 4 1sts in 2 years are the reason they're in 9th.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

I don't get that at all.

Regardless of the cut off you still have to be a great prospect. I'd rank Pearson dramatically higher then O'Dell at this stage.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Well I'm pretty happy that the Jets have risen in the rankings despite graduating their previous top 2 prospects and not having a 2nd in this draft.

Only one mans opinion sure but it's nice to see from an objective observer.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Well I'm pretty happy that the Jets have risen in the rankings despite graduating their previous top 2 prospects and not having a 2nd in this draft.

It is due to ehlers. He had him ranked 3rd or 4th coming into the draft, very very high on him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't get that at all.

Regardless of the cut off you still have to be a great prospect. I'd rank Pearson dramatically higher then O'Dell at this stage.

I'm not that enthusiastic about Pearson. He was much less than ppg in the AHL, then 7 points in 25 regular season NHL games (3 goals). He had a nice playoff stretch, but was in a very good situation.

I'm not that enthusiastic about O'Dell either, so we could replace him with Hutchinson.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Exactly.

The Jets graduated two very good young players and are still seen as having a very good prospect pipeline. This is a pipeline that was basically devoid of any talent or depth when the team arrived in Winnipeg three years ago. They have restocked the pipeline without trading any of their core players for prospects or picks. They still have their core players available to trade if they want to further strengthen their youthful core.

Good drafting is the lifeblood of a strong NHL franchise, and I think we need to give some credit where it is due. The Jets have invested a lot into scouting (doubling the amateur scouting staff from the Thrashers' days) and there is growing evidence that they know what they are doing. I'll take that as an organizational attribute over an active "trader" any day.

jetkarma*

I'm not that enthusiastic about Pearson. He was much less than ppg in the AHL, then 7 points in 25 regular season NHL games (3 goals). He had a nice playoff stretch, but was in a very good situation.

I'm not that enthusiastic about O'Dell either, so we could replace him with Hutchinson.

There you go .

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Pronmen separates goalies from skaters....and based off his goalie list..I don't think it's as good of an indicator anyways. Could/should have hutch made it? Probably, just like comrie and Hellebucey should probably have been above JustWinz. I don't trust his rating of goalies as much as i do his skaters (he has said himself he doesn't like ranking goalies as their transitions are so variable).

jetsairforce

Dec 26, 2010
Exactly.

The Jets graduated two very good young players and are still seen as having a very good prospect pipeline. This is a pipeline that was basically devoid of any talent or depth when the team arrived in Winnipeg three years ago. They have restocked the pipeline without trading any of their core players for prospects or picks. They still have their core players available to trade if they want to further strengthen their youthful core.

Good drafting is the lifeblood of a strong NHL franchise, and I think we need to give some credit where it is due. The Jets have invested a lot into scouting (doubling the amateur scouting staff from the Thrashers' days) and there is growing evidence that they know what they are doing. I'll take that as an organizational attribute over an active "trader" any day.

This, all day long!!!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Isn't this all a bit OT?

I'm interested to see Pronman's prospects depth charts for the Jets and then U25 org rankings.

Quite right. I don't know how we drifted off in that direction.

When are those rankings due?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
#DiveforMcdavid
@allan5oh
Called @coreypronman and thanked him for accepting his bribe #whatdidchevydotoday @arby_18
07:49 PM - 14 Aug 14
Retweeted by
Corey Pronman Corey Pronman @coreypronman
To 14947 followers

Sweet!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
#DiveforMcdavid
@allan5oh
Called @coreypronman and thanked him for accepting his bribe #whatdidchevydotoday @arby_18
07:49 PM - 14 Aug 14
Retweeted by
Corey Pronman Corey Pronman @coreypronman
To 14947 followers

Sweet!

I follow Pronman and saw that and thought it was good! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad