Speculation: Projecting lines for 2017-18

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'm also not completely sold on Fiala and that injury isn't encouraging either. BUT he was really good in that Chicago series and I want to believe he's ready to take that next step in a bigger role next year. With his skillset I want to see him on the PP and on a top-6 role. He's pretty small and not overly strong so I think he needs more speed in order to be productive, and that's why I'm not feeling overly optimistic as that injury happened on his foot, what's that going to do with his speed?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm also not completely sold on Fiala and that injury isn't encouraging either. BUT he was really good in that Chicago series and I want to believe he's ready to take that next step in a bigger role next year. With his skillset I want to see him on the PP and on a top-6 role. He's pretty small and not overly strong so I think he needs more speed in order to be productive, and that's why I'm not feeling overly optimistic as that injury happened on his foot, what's that going to do with his speed?

Pretty sure it was his leg, not his foot. He's young, I think he will be fine. Heck he may actually be better as odd as it sounds, as he's been working the entire offseason to get healed and get back to normal.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Apologies my grammar isn't that good. Glad you think that, but IMO the injury will set him back a little what comes to footspeed.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
What sort of PP lines does everyone have in mind for the next season?

I'm thinking Hartnell-Johansen-Fiala-Ellis-Josi for PP1 and Forsberg-Bonino-Arvidsson-Subban-Ekholm for PP2.

Hartnell/Arvy in front of the net, Johansen/Forsberg left wing, Fiala/Bonino right wing, Ellis/Subban on the blueline ready to shoot along with Josi/Ekholm.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We don't have a left-handed sniper just realized. That's gonna hurt the PP it might get too predictable.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Fiala might get there but he doesn't have the best one-timer. Hartnell is a different, "greasy" goal scorer. Bonino is more of a playmaker. Josi has a great shot we could use him in a one-timer position.

We have Forsberg, Arvy, Smith, Aberg as right-handed snipers and Ellis and Subban have great shots/one-timers so it's not like we don't have good shooters but losing Neal hurts even more now.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't think Fiala has really had any consistent time to be in a position to prove he's capable of being a true sniper. Not saying he is, but i wouldn't be shocked for him to take a noticeable leap forward as far as being a dependable goal scorer, or at least a legitimate threat.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
He just really seemed to be attacking the game at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs. He was driving the bus rather than just sightseeing if you will.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
What sort of PP lines does everyone have in mind for the next season?

I'm thinking Hartnell-Johansen-Fiala-Ellis-Josi for PP1 and Forsberg-Bonino-Arvidsson-Subban-Ekholm for PP2.

Hartnell/Arvy in front of the net, Johansen/Forsberg left wing, Fiala/Bonino right wing, Ellis/Subban on the blueline ready to shoot along with Josi/Ekholm.
i would prefer PP2 over your PP1

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Fiala might get there but he doesn't have the best one-timer. Hartnell is a different, "greasy" goal scorer. Bonino is more of a playmaker. Josi has a great shot we could use him in a one-timer position.

We have Forsberg, Arvy, Smith, Aberg as right-handed snipers and Ellis and Subban have great shots/one-timers so it's not like we don't have good shooters but losing Neal hurts even more now.

Yeah, cause replacing those 12 PP goals Neal scored the last 3 years is going to be hard to replace. :help:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He was misused the entire time.

E: And Glen, at least we don't have a huge left-handed threat.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He just really seemed to be attacking the game at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs. He was driving the bus rather than just sightseeing if you will.

Agreed, I think late and in the playoffs it seemed the game slowed down a bit and he was definitely taking the game rather than the game coming to him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We don't need prospects, we need someone to get the job done now.
It's TBD whether the younger players like Fiala and Aberg can get the job done or not (also, whether a guy like Smith rebounds, or Hartnell still has enough left in the tank to contribute).

I think the Preds are in good shape if they wait and see. They have a pretty good stable of prospects, especially on D. And a ton of cap space. If they don't get the production they need in the first couple months of the season, they're in great shape to go out and address it with a trade. No rush.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
As our team is set, this would be my opening night lineup:

Forsberg - Johansen - Aberg

Fiala - Bonino - Arvidsson

Hartnell - Jarnkrok - Smith

Gaudreau - Sissons - Watson

Salomaki, McLeod

Man, that's a young team. Hopefully that 4th line can also contribute offensively.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't see Aberg being on the first line over Arvy.
Yeah, I would think the 1st and 4th line/spares aren't difficult to pencil in, but in between I could see almost anything - it will depend on how they end up playing together and might need a fair bit of trial and error. :dunno:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
We don't need prospects, we need someone to get the job done now.

Prospect for prospect works. Also the thing with the Flames is they have a lot of forward prospects that have a more difficult time making the team because we have way too many similar players already. A lot of our prospects would fit a lot better with the Preds because of balance and position related reasons.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Prospect for prospect works. Also the thing with the Flames is they have a lot of forward prospects that have a more difficult time making the team because we have way too many similar players already. A lot of our prospects would fit a lot better with the Preds because of balance and position related reasons.

What's the deal with Jankowski? Is he expected to make the team or stay in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad