Speculation: Projecting lines for 2017-18

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think the team has a pretty good setup that doesn't need a lot of differentiation between what you call the "2nd", "3rd", or "4th" lines. Maybe you lean on some of the heavier players (Sissons, Watson, Hartnell for e.g.) against certain opponents, maybe you give some of the younger players more room against other opponents, maybe it depends on which line is "hot" on a given night. But it wouldn't be so bad to have the big first line, and then 3 other quasi-equal lines that can share time and can be deployed strategically, effectively, depending on the opponent. It will need Sissons and Watson playing like they did in the playoffs - ideally if Salomaki's pre-season is any indication and he stays healthy, he could maybe factor in as well. The team hopefully doesn't need to follow any strict 1-2-3-4 line stereotype.

This is my hope as well. Really essential for our success in the offense to have basically 4 lines that can all score. Spread the wealth, but maybe one more defensive-minded line in the mix?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
That really should be our 4th line and they should all play PK to take load off of our top guys. They should also have a decent scoring touch, at least I hope so.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Yeah, I honestly think JOFA plays too many PK minutes. Even though it was fun to see Forsberg and Arvy get shorthanded goals, I think it would be more beneficial to have them focus on providing offense and leaving the PK job to the bottom-6 (and Bonino, probably).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Roster looks set:

Code:
According to the NHL’s media website, the final 23 appears to be as follows (listed in alphabetical order, grouped by position):

Pontus Aberg
Viktor Arvidsson
Nick Bonino (IR)
Kevin Fiala
Filip Forsberg
Scott Hartnell
Calle Jarnkrok
Ryan Johansen
Cody McLeod
Miikka Salomaki
Colton Sissons
Craig Smith
Austin Watson

Anthony Bitetto
Mattias Ekholm
Ryan Ellis (IR)
Alexei Emelin
Samuel Girard
Matt Irwin
Roman Josi
PK Subban
Yannick Weber

Pekka Rinne
Juuse Saros

http://www.thegamenashville.com/2017/10/03/breaking-preds-set-2017-18-opening-night-roster/

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Only 12 forwards and 22 players total. I would think either Kamenev or Gaudreau stays up for the 23rd spot, right?

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Roster looks set:

Code:
According to the NHL’s media website, the final 23 appears to be as follows (listed in alphabetical order, grouped by position):

Pontus Aberg
Viktor Arvidsson
Nick Bonino (IR)
Kevin Fiala
Filip Forsberg
Scott Hartnell
Calle Jarnkrok
Ryan Johansen
Cody McLeod
Miikka Salomaki
Colton Sissons
Craig Smith
Austin Watson

Anthony Bitetto
Mattias Ekholm
Ryan Ellis (IR)
Alexei Emelin
Samuel Girard
Matt Irwin
Roman Josi
PK Subban
Yannick Weber

Pekka Rinne
Juuse Saros

http://www.thegamenashville.com/2017/10/03/breaking-preds-set-2017-18-opening-night-roster/

Is it only me but doesn't the picture on that page look like a father-son tandem of goalies?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Only 12 forwards and 22 players total. I would think either Kamenev or Gaudreau stays up for the 23rd spot, right?
I think Bonino is slated to play Thursday, that makes 13. Not sure why Gover listed him on IR.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
13 forwards (counting bonino), 8 defensemen (not counting ellis).

sort of surprising mix to me. thought we would go 14/7 to start.

what this shows to me is a couple things.
..girard. we want that 9 game look at him obviously. I would expect we send him back to juniors right before that unless he just steps right up and proves he's the best starting option.
..that bitetto, weber, Irwin haven't separated themselves yet either from each other or girard.
..if girard stays (very doubtful honestly) one of these guys will get sent down.
..what I think has them confused right now is girard looked better with josi than any of the three vets.
..we aren't gonna carry 8 d for long. would expect Kamenev or Gandreau to be called up to be the 14th forward within three weeks as soon as we make a decision on girard
..fully expect that will be Gandreau (if all forwards stay healthy till then), because of the old idea of letting youngsters like Kamenev get ice time being better than riding the pressbox here.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad