Prestige Worldwide (360) - BRUINS Available! - Need Reserves

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012
Understood, but you're also taking over a team that was headed for the playoffs.

The penalty goes on the team, not the GM. Because you sat Lehtonen during some of your games (but not the sim, I assume), you will get him back for the end of your series.

he started my first game against the cpu by accident, i quickly changed him to bachman and then in the menu league afterwards

kari had 73 gp before i took him over, and appeared in 74 total after i did, how could i have done better?

also this is why i hadnt mentioned anything beforehand

A couple of those teams had replacement owners, which didnt exactly have a chance after they took over.

But there WILL be consequences to those teams that have been here since Day 1 and made no efforts to play thier backups.

anyway vancouver, Im around today for a few hours and later tonight after 11pm EST

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
he started my first game against the cpu by accident, i quickly changed him to bachman and then in the menu league afterwards

kari had 73 gp before i took him over, and appeared in 74 total after i did, how could i have done better?

also this is why i hadnt mentioned anything beforehand

anyway vancouver, Im around today for a few hours and later tonight after 11pm EST

My response was below that, where I vehemently disagreed with Chuck. Also, there were also discussions about this rule much, much earlier in the season. In fact, I began updating people about their goalies GP in mid-December.

I'm not saying you could have done better, but much like a bad trade, you need to live your predecessors mistakes. Bachman isn't bad, you might be able to salvage a game or two, and then have Lehtenon back for the home-stretch.

EDIT: Next season, I imagine most GMs will take special care to make sure they get their back-ups in early, just for this reason. All you really need to do is put them in for the sim. They will play until there is an injury (1-2 games). That's basically 10 GP over the course of the season.

camwise

Aug 27, 2011
Calgary
it was tough to keep up with the goalies, sometimes they just get played through the sims, it seemed i actually played more games with my backup then i did with my actual goal tender with how much we simmed through the season. Not that there is anything wrong with that, because i have a really good back up, who outplayed my starter most of the season. Im just sayin, i physically played more with Brobovsky than I did with Ward. But having a number one guy for the sims is essential

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
it was tough to keep up with the goalies, sometimes they just get played through the sims, it seemed i actually played more games with my backup then i did with my actual goal tender with how much we simmed through the season. Not that there is anything wrong with that, because i have a really good back up, who outplayed my starter most of the season. Im just sayin, i physically played more with Brobovsky than I did with Ward. But having a number one guy for the sims is essential

I used my backup goalies 9 games through 3 sim windows.

I then used them exclusively toward the end of the season, when I was trying to...uh...build for next year.

There are different strategies--in some ways, it is better to use your backups in playable games, since attributes and overall seem to make more of a difference in sims. That's why we left it up to the individual GM to decide how and when to get the backups in--but it is also why we are imposing harsh penalties for non-compliance.

I think the best way to do it is to make sure your backup gets a lot of games in at the start of the season.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Of cleaner Claude just took over like in the last block AND his started already had 70+ games played, that's got to be an exception.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Of cleaner Claude just took over like in the last block AND his started already had 70+ games played, that's got to be an exception.

The Stars benefited from having Lehtonen play the extra games. Consider this, the Stars only barely got into the playoffs. Who's to say that if Bachman had started those four extra games throughout the season, Boots' Blues wouldn't have been there instead? Or Columbus, if they had started Ward 76 games?

Like I said before, punishment goes with the team, not the human user. Much like if DAL had made an awful trade, claude has to live with the consequences of his predecessor's mistakes.

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
The Stars benefited from having Lehtonen play the extra games. Consider this, the Stars only barely got into the playoffs. Who's to say that if Bachman had started those four extra games throughout the season, Boots' Blues wouldn't have been there instead? Or Columbus, if they had started Ward 76 games?

Like I said before, punishment goes with the team, not the human user. Much like if DAL had made an awful trade, claude has to live with the consequences of his predecessors mistakes.

Good call, you're right.

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
Florida is actively shopping the 3rd overall pick (with a chance at1st) after a disappointing season. Looking for something that will give an immediate impact

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009

Like I said before, punishment goes with the team, not the human user. Much like if DAL had made an awful trade, claude has to live with the consequences of his predecessors mistakes.

Good call, you're right.

Souray44

Jan 26, 2004
Mtl
edit: internet is working again all is well

will finish my series with :canes soon as he's back on probably late tonight i'd imagine.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad