Prestige Worldwide (360) - BRUINS Available! - Need Reserves

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
gm-connected.png

PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE (360)

With some free time on my hands, I have decided to create a league that is going to be fast paced and dedicated to the die-hard NHL13 and real NHL hockey fans around this board.

It is going to be 50% games played, and 50% sims. The reason for this is because not all of us have time to be NHL13 wizards and compete with some of the skilled guys in other leagues. What this creates is parity and the ability for a lesser skilled guy to compete for a playoff spot through making smart trades and good team building.

This 50/50 pace will also ensure that we go through at the very least 6+ seasons, which means the draft picks we trade matter, the prospects we trade matter and the depth on our team will very much matter as injuries WILL occur through the season. So be careful when making a move and be sure that is what you want to do with your team.

We already have a strong core of the most active guys around, so we are looking for about 15 more guys to fill this league out. I truly believe this league has huge promise and believe it will live up to all of our expectations.

Trading and Player Movement Rules;

- Teams are allowed 2 trades per season that involves roster players. In this trade you can only move 4 total roster players between the teams and 6 total pieces between the teams. Those additional two pieces can be a prospect or a pick. I will allow “throw in†contracts to make things work, but I will be the judge of what a “throw in†contract is. THROW IN CONTRACTS CANNOT BE "NHL ROLES", even if they are a 60 overall. They must be AHL or minor roles.

- You will be allowed 1 additional trade that allows you to move ONLY prospects/picks. This Prospect/Pick trade can be made at any point in the season.

- Newly acquired players CANNOT be traded (Free Agents or Trades) for one season. Very rarely does a player get traded the same season they were acquired, despite the Carter/Versteegs’ of recent memory. I will allow prospects and picks to be flipped tho.

- Waivers will be ON for periods when we play which will allow teams to dump a contract if they wish another team to pick them up, and then they will be turned OFF just before advances so nobody loses any prospects due to EA’s stupidity.

- ANY player can be traded in this league. But it must make sense for both sides, and it must suit the direction of the Franchise that is trading their key pieces. I realize we play this game to use our favourite players, so I will not interfere with simple swaps of star players. I will step in if I see a seriously lopsided trade.

- Trades are to be posted in the HFBoards thread by both teams and confirmed. If I do not see these trades confirmed by both sides, I will not accept the trade in game just incase one was “accepted†by accident.

- Michal Rozsival will go to the Chicago Blackhawks to reflect his recent signing.

- Carlo Colaiacovo will go to the Detroit Red Wings to reflect his recent signing.

- Columbus Blue Jackets will be rewarded 1st Round Picks in 2013 from the New York Rangers and Los Angelas Kings to reflect their recent acquisitions.

General Rules and Game Play Rules:

- Every team must set their teams to be CPU Playable. This well ensure the most active teams get their games in, and if someone cannot make their scheduled games, you can post on this thread and give all other teams the “Go Ahead†to play your CPU. YOU MAY ONLY PLAY SOMEONE ELSE’S CPU WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION 1 HOUR PRIOR TO ADVANCING.

- Inactive members will be contacted to see what the issue is, and without a real excuse or reason they may be removed to keep the league moving forward.

- I will not accept a CPU DNF higher than 0%. You will get ONE warning if I find it higher than 0%. If you cannot provide a legitimate reason as to why it will be higher, you will be removed.

- Advances will be every 3 days from the start of the league.

- We will play the 1st block. After that first 3 days, I will “advance†ahead a block which will then be FULLY simmed. That will get us to our next block and that will be the one we have 3 days to play.

- The league will be created on Xbox once I get 20 teams. NOBODY is to play a game until we are filled at 30 teams or unless I say otherwise.

- Injuries and Salary cap will remain on.

- Note that during a 50/50 sim, long term injuries are a real possibility. It is your responsibility to build a deep and successful team. So it is up to you if you want to deal 2/3 roster players for one big piece.

- I will not accept diving in the offensive zone, or ragging the puck in the last minutes of play if you are leading.

- Please try to arrange scheduled times to play with players via PM on HFBoards, or add your opponents to Xbox Live to see if they are online to play.

- The gameplay will be set to All-Star.

- Back Up goalies must play at least 10 games per season (Simmed or Played)

- I am sure there are a few things I have missed, that will come to light shortly.

- I will be creating a Chatzy room for the league so everyone can keep in touch and discuss trades, game times etc. This will surely be an active room.

WAIVER PROCESS:

Due to the fact that GM Connected still has some flaws, we have designed a system that will allow us to waive and claim prospects without leaving waivers "ON" during the advances.

If I turn waivers off during the advance, which is a must, all waiver claims are voided.

So to avoid this, I will turn waivers on during the blocks we play so we can all see who is being "waived".

If you wish to claim a player on the waiver list, you must post your desire to claim that player in this thread and you MUST have a contract spot open.

If multiple teams claim that player, that player will go to the team with the least amount of points. If multiple teams tied in points claim that player, it will go by least wins, then least goals.

Once it has been decided which team wins the waiver claim, the team that waived the player will trade him to the winning team. Each team will basically swap 7th round picks and select the player swapping teams.

Once we are set to advance to the next block, I will turn waivers off so EA doesnt claim or waive anyone we dont want them too!

CHATZY LINK ----> http://us7.chatzy.com/78217010111896

TRADING BLOCK/ROSTERS ----> http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1308977

SCHEDULE:

Block 1: Starts: Weds December 19th @ 9pm EST Ends: Saturday December 22nd @ 6:30pm EST
Block 2: Starts: Saturday December 22nd @ 6:30pm EST Ends: Tuesday December 25th @ 6:30pm EST
Block 3: Starts: Tuesday December 25th @ 6:30pm EST Ends: Friday December 28th @ 8:00pm EST
Block 4: Starts: Friday December 28th @ 8:00pm EST Ends: Monday December 31st @ 8:00pm EST

Current Reserve List:
Nesteas
CanuckCity

Below on the next pages is a list of teams that are currently taken, and are currently available:

Last edited:

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
200px-NHL_Eastern_Conference.svg.png

Northeast Division
:bruins - nuge2hall / [GT: snay wizard ]
:sens - isherbob / [GT: isherbob ]
:sabres - noexult / [GT: noexult ]
:leafs - matt1396 / [GT: brown man power ]
:habsCHamps / [GT: oftoronto ]

Atlantic Division:
:rangers - Averys SOC 405 - [GT: x Gen0cIde x ]
:pens - Koopa I / [GT: Koopa I ]
:flyers - Jack de la Hoya / [GT: Jhoya82 ]
:devils - Souray44 / [GT: Canadiens94 ]
:isleskorndog81 / [GT: korndog81 ]

Southeast Division
:panthers - Firefoxx / [GT: Firefoxx ]
:caps - Raven I / [GT: Raven I ]
:bolts - Cosmonaut / [ GT: napster317 ]
:jets - x DeCruze / [GT: x DeCruze ]
:canes - ChuckWoods / [GT: lIl Voodoo lIl ]

Last edited:

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
200px-NHL_Western_Conference.svg.png

Central Division
:blues - bootsgaudet / [GT: bootsgaudet ]
:nashville - PALE PWNER / [GT: P4LE PWNER ]
:wings - Claytoon / [GT: fIoaterr ]
:hawks - TheGeneral / [GT: StokedButters ]
:cbjCamwise / [GT: WiserC ]

Pacific Division
:coyotes - The High Pope / [GT: The High Pope ]
:sharks - lL lE lF lT lY / [GT: ]
:kings2 - ShootNScore / [GT: AoC Pyorala ]
:stars - Le Nachooo / [GT: Le Nachooo ]
:ducks2Beardfish / [GT: The Beardfish ]

Northwest Division
:nucks - KLick11 / [GT: KLick11 ]
:flames - JamieP505 / [GT: JamieP505 ]
:avs - ThePsychicSaw / [GT: ThePsychicSaw ]
:wild - JDinklage Morgoone / [GT: BurrellCannon ]
:edmonton - TheLund / [GT: xX B I G Lund ]

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
gm-connected.png

PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE (360)

With some free time on my hands, I have decided to create a league that is going to be fast paced and dedicated to the die-hard NHL13 and real NHL hockey fans around this board.

It is going to be 50% games played, and 50% sims. The reason for this is because not all of us have time to be NHL13 wizards and compete with some of the skilled guys in other leagues. What this creates is parity and the ability for a lesser skilled guy to compete for a playoff spot through making smart trades and good team building.

This 50/50 pace will also ensure that we go through at the very least 6+ seasons, which means the draft picks we trade matter, the prospects we trade matter and the depth on our team will very much matter as injuries WILL occur through the season. So be careful when making a move and be sure that is what you want to do with your team.

We already have a strong core of the most active guys around, so we are looking for about 15 more guys to fill this league out. I truly believe this league has huge promise and believe it will live up to all of our expectations.

Trading and Player Movement Rules;

- Teams are allowed 2 trades per season that involves roster players. In this trade you can only move 4 total roster players between the teams and 6 total pieces between the teams. Those additional two pieces can be a prospect or a pick. I will allow “throw in†contracts to make things work, but I will be the judge of what a “throw in†contract is. Usually the least valued guy of your contracts.

- You will be allowed 1 additional trade that allows you to move ONLY prospects/picks. This Prospect/Pick trade can be made at any point in the season.

- Newly acquired players CANNOT be traded (Free Agents or Trades) for one season. Very rarely does a player get traded the same season they were acquired, despite the Carter/Versteegs’ of recent memory. I will allow prospects and picks to be flipped tho.

- Waivers will be ON for periods when we play which will allow teams to dump a contract if they wish another team to pick them up, and then they will be turned OFF just before advances so nobody loses any prospects due to EA’s stupidity.

- ANY player can be traded in this league. But it must make sense for both sides, and it must suit the direction of the Franchise that is trading their key pieces. I realize we play this game to use our favourite players, so I will not interfere with simple swaps of star players. I will step in if I see a seriously lopsided trade.

- Trades are to be posted in the HFBoards thread by both teams and confirmed. If I do not see these trades confirmed by both sides, I will not accept the trade in game just incase one was “accepted†by accident.

General Rules and Game Play Rules:

- Every team must set their teams to be CPU Playable. This well ensure the most active teams get their games in, and if someone cannot make their scheduled games, you can post on this thread and give all other teams the “Go Ahead†to play your CPU. YOU MAY ONLY PLAY SOMEONE ELSE’S CPU WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION 1 HOUR PRIOR TO ADVANCING.

- Inactive members will be contacted to see what the issue is, and without a real excuse or reason they may be removed to keep the league moving forward.

- I will not accept a CPU DNF higher than 0%. You will get ONE warning if I find it higher than 0%. If you cannot provide a legitimate reason as to why it will be higher, you will be removed.

- Advances will be every 3 days from the start of the league.

- We will play the 1st block. After that first 3 days, I will “advance†ahead a block which will then be FULLY simmed. That will get us to our next block and that will be the one we have 3 days to play.

- The league will be created on Xbox once I get 20 teams. NOBODY is to play a game until we are filled at 30 teams or unless I say otherwise.

- Injuries and Salary cap will remain on.

- Note that during a 50/50 sim, long term injuries are a real possibility. It is your responsibility to build a deep and successful team. So it is up to you if you want to deal 2/3 roster players for one big piece.

- I will not accept diving in the offensive zone, or ragging the puck in the last minutes of play if you are leading.

- Please try to arrange scheduled times to play with players via PM on HFBoards, or add your opponents to Xbox Live to see if they are online to play.

- The gameplay will be set to All-Star.

- I am sure there are a few things I have missed, that will come to light shortly.

- I will be creating a Chatzy room for the league so everyone can keep in touch and discuss trades, game times etc. This will surely be an active room.

Hmmmm, bolded seems a little bit familiar....

Good luck with your league man.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009

Doesn't take a genius to figure out what SHOULD and SHOULDN'T be in a league.

Thanks, and I am hoping mine can be as successful as yours tho!

Just wanted to tweak a few things, along with about 13 other guys so we decided to go this route!

Got a solid base, just need to fill the rest!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

To be fair, Chuck and I discussed this idea a few months ago, independent of the Bluth standard. It was appealing because it offered the best balance of playing and simming--as you know.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
To make proper adjustments as well;

Michal Rozsival will go to the Chicago Blackhawks to reflect his recent signing.

Carlo Colaiacovo will go to the Detroit Red Wings to reflect his recent signing.

Columbus Blue Jackets will be rewarded 1st Round Picks in 2013 from the New York Rangers and Los Angelas Kings to reflect their recent acquisitions.

I am not going to honor the ATO's/PTO's (Ranger-Marlies, Barker-Stars) as there are quite a few more through free agency and it may cause contract total issues. They will be free game through free agency.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I would have loved to join as either the leafs or pens (so I could do over my mess in the bluth) but they are both taken. Anyways good luck with the league man :)

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I would have loved to join as either the leafs or pens (so I could do over my mess in the bluth) but they are both taken. Anyways good luck with the league man :)

Lots of great teams left considering this league will run quite a few seasons!

No need to be picky, the fun part is getting to see what you can do with a different team than your usual!

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Lots of great teams left considering this league will run quite a few seasons!

No need to be picky, the fun part is getting to see what you can do with a different team than your usual!

none of the other teams interest me a lot, and the only reason i'd join another league or start one is because I want to play as toronto.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
none of the other teams interest me a lot, and the only reason i'd join another league or start one is because I want to play as toronto.

Due to you being a very active member in another league that I am aware of I have given you the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I want this league to succeed and active members are a must, so giving up my favourite team for someone that plans on being active is a non-issue!

Just treat them right! lol

Now that I have given up the Leafs, I will take the Carolina Hurricanes.

Down to just 12 teams.

Once a couple more teams are taken, I will create the league on NHL13.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad