Prestige Worldwide (360) - BRUINS Available! - Need Reserves

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
:devils have clinched. Happy to see we are likely starting the playoffs a day early.

There are still a few playoff spots up for grabs, and quite a few seeds left to determine.

I'd like to start tonight, if possible, but people need to get on and get their games in (if they are in the playoffs or playing playoff teams--I will sim the non-playoff teams games without concern).

EDIT: At this point, if you are a playoff team with games remaining against teams eliminated from contention, you can play the CPU. You cannot do so if the team you are playing has not been eliminated, or if you have not clinched.

Last edited:

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
There are still a few playoff spots up for grabs, and quite a few seeds left to determine.

I'd like to start tonight, if possible, but people need to get on and get their games in (if they are in the playoffs or playing playoff teams--I will sim the non-playoff teams games without concern).

EDIT: At this point, if you are a playoff team with games remaining against teams eliminated from contention, you can play the CPU. You cannot do so if the team you are playing has not been eliminated, or if you have not clinched.

Playoff picture in the East is set.

#1 :rangers vs #8 :bolts
#2 :canes vs #7 :devils
#3 :leafs vs #6 :caps
#4 :pens vs #5 :jets

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
wish I had played more games this season, aside from the simmed games. I could have made it to the playoffs if not for the pc handling so many of my games (aka losses). less injuries would've helped but that's no excuse.

if I can't be more active next season I might remove myself.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
What are we thinking here.

Eastern conference is all set. But we still have one playoff spot up for grabs, and quite a few seeds in play, in the West.

Souray44

Jan 26, 2004
Mtl
Both conf all locked in now. Seeding for a few spots in west all that's left to determine.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Both conf all locked in now. Seeding for a few spots in west all that's left to determine.

The advance is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. EST tonight.

I will go earlier if the Western teams can get their remaining games in during the day today. A 5:00 p.m. EST advance might allow for more games to get done.

EDIT: Actually, no, the Western Conference is still status quo. :wings have one game left to play, which will decent the Central division. The runner-up in that division will not make the playoffs, despite having 90+ points.

Last edited:

camwise

Aug 27, 2011
Calgary
The advance is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. EST tonight.

I will go earlier if the Western teams can get their remaining games in during the day today. A 5:00 p.m. EST advance might allow for more games to get done.

you dont need to wait on CBJ, i think i was mathematically eliminated last night

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Western Conference:

1. Vancouver Canucks - 107
2. Edmonton Oilers - 103
3. Colorado Avalanche - 98
4. Calgary Flames - 97
5. San Jose Sharks - 94
6. Dallas Stars - 94
7. Minnesota Wild - 93
8. St Louis Blues - 92

I will play the CPU for Dallas and SJ when I get home tonight so those seeds could change, but as of right now that's it!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Western Conference:

I will play the CPU for Dallas and SJ when I get home tonight so those seeds could change, but as of right now that's it!

1. Those seeds aren't quite right. You didn't take into account division winners.

2. What time will you be home? I'm advancing at 8:00 p.m. EST at the latest, but I'd like to go earlier.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Western Conference:

1. Vancouver Canucks - 107
2. Edmonton Oilers - 103
3. Colorado Avalanche - 98
4. Calgary Flames - 97
5. San Jose Sharks - 94
6. Dallas Stars - 94
7. Minnesota Wild - 93
8. St Louis Blues - 92

:wild have been temporarily booted so that :avs can play the CPU. (Send a request when you get home, and I'll re-admit you).

A simulated game hurts both of you because of injuries, but since you didn't have your CPU enabled, Avs gets the advantage of playing the CPU before the advance.

Not a big deal because you guys have both clinched, but enabling the CPU is a requirement of this league. You get a break, since you came in late, but several players went through all or most of the season without doing so. This will not be tolerated next year. Any player caught not enabling their CPU (or turning it off) will lose the right to play others' CPU for the season (first offense).

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
:wild have been temporarily booted so that :avs can play the CPU. (Send a request when you get home, and I'll re-admit you).

A simulated game hurts both of you because of injuries, but since you didn't have your CPU enabled, Avs gets the advantage of playing the CPU before the advance.

Not a big deal because you guys have both clinched, but enabling the CPU is a requirement of this league. You get a break, since you came in late, but several players went through all or most of the season without doing so. This will not be tolerated next year. Any player caught not enabling their CPU (or turning it off) will lose the right to play others' CPU for the season (first offense).

Sorry, Jack. Didn't realize. You know I try to keep up!

Claytoon

Nov 3, 2012
After being down 2-0 with 5 mins left in the third won 3-2 in OT to look up the final position in the west CGY MSG me so we can set up time for game

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Sorry, Jack. Didn't realize. You know I try to keep up!

Yup.

No worries.

Congrats to :wings for eeking out an OT win. Tough break for :blues.

Everything is set except for the 2nd, 7th and 8th seeds in the West.

It is looking like:

1) Vancouver
2) San Jose *(could fall to 7th)
3) Detroit
4) Edmonton
5) Colorado
6) Calgary
7) Dallas (could be 2nd or 8th)
8) Minnesota (could be 7th)

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I'm leaning toward advancing early.

Only three teams have games of consequence left--and all three joined the league more than halfway through the season.

It is 1:00. I'll give :sharks, :wild, and :stars an hour or two to weigh in--and let me know when they can get their games done. If they are not going to get them in by early evening, I'll just advance.

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012
Already advanced, but you might be able to start your playoffs.

Move all discussion here, please.

Also, note the following suspensions:

Rangers - Lundquist, 8 games (80 GP)
Stars - Lehtonen, 4 games (76 GP)
Hurricanes - Mason, 2 games (74 GP)
Sharks - Miller, 1 game (73 GP)
Flames - Kiprusoff, 1 game (73 GP)

i had no control over the stars playing kari all that much, took them over last week. Ive also played Bachman every game since i joined

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
i had no control over the stars playing kari all that much, took them over last week. Ive also played Bachman every game since i joined

Understood, but you're also taking over a team that was headed for the playoffs.

The penalty goes on the team, not the GM. Because you sat Lehtonen during some of your games (but not the sim, I assume), you will get him back for the end of your series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad