GDT: Preseason Game 5: Coyotes @ kings - 7:30 PM - NHLN

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The only forwards not in that lineup are Rinaldo, Duclair, and Cousins. I have a strong feeling that this might be the projected lineup, those three player are likely to be cut, sit or traded before opening night. Given the defensive lineup this makes sense. It is strange that they are keeping someone like Rinaldo around and they're not even going to play him tonight. Are they really going to cut him without giving him another chance? Why keep him around in the first place?
I thought cousins looked pretty good against San Jose, but that was a very limited sample size. Hopefully Duke plays next game, and makes a strong case for getting some top 6 time. Rinaldo always seemed like an AHL signing to me.
Oh yea, just based on the principle of it. Also, hope the team never goes after acquiring Gudas... blegh.
Oh I'm mixing up Gudas and Rinaldo. Gudas, who is the POS that threw that hit on Doan needs to stay far away.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Looking forward to watching Fischer play.

Also, I havent been able to watch Kempe in game action, yet. So im interested to see what the praise from the head coach is about.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Doesn’t surprise me one but that Duke is the one sitting.

He must be dogging it in practice too if Toch isn’t giving him more time to play.

Pretty stoked about the line up though. And it’s on TV. Thursday night plans are made!

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I thought cousins looked pretty good against San Jose, but that was a very limited sample size. Hopefully Duke plays next game, and makes a strong case for getting some top 6 time. Rinaldo always seemed like an AHL signing to me.

Oh I'm mixing up Gudas and Rinaldo. Gudas, who is the POS that threw that hit on Doan needs to stay far away.

Haha point still stands! I would prefer Rinaldo in the AHL (if he HAS to be involved with the organization), and Gudas to never come near the team. I really hope I can find a way to see this one on tv!

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The game is still on my cable guide as being shown. Usually it will have TBD if they're going to black it out. But of course I could have it all wrong. Hoping for the best.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Y'all thought I was kidding when I worried about Rinaldo making the team. I'm still worried.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Domi - stepan - keller
Perlini - dvorak - kempe
Martinook - strome - rieder
Crouse - richardson - fischer

Are lines according to sarah
I like those lines...really interested in seeing how the Perlini/Dvorak/Kempe line performs...and c'mon Strome, have 2 good games in a row.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Fifteen of one, a 5-minute major and a 10-minute misconduct of the other.

SOMEONE on the team has to get suspended! Gotta hit that quota somehow. Rinaldo is just the humble servant of the team to take the bullet and do that for them. (joking)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm excited as f*** to see the Domi-Stepan-Keller line in action. Hopefully they tear it up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad