GDT: Preseason Game #1... 9/26 vs. Pittsburgh

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We still got 3 goals off Ned but I want more. Love to see Amadeus score.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Good W! Nice to see Danielson get his 1st although it's preseason.
the_karate_kid_1_b_thumb_700x600.jpg

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Liked the PP. Didn't seem to struggle to enter the zone and get things set up for the most part.
You can tell that they’ve really worked on their PP. It was very fluid tonight. Excellent zone entries and crisp passing. I thought Seider’s goal is exactly what they need more of: point shots with a screen in front. Perron is a big body with soft mits, have to use his strengths to our advantage…. I mean he’s definitely not Holmstrom, but I think he will be earning a big pay raise if he’s the net front presence on the PP this year.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You think he gives a FFFF about some preseason game ? He’s the last person anyone should worry about.
I mean, being a professional hockey player, that gets paid millions of dollars to play, yeah I do believe he gives an "FFFF". He was wearing an A on his jersey, so hopefully he gave an FFFF.

He looked bad tonight. I get it, game 1 of the preseason, and it's not the end of the world, but he looked uninvolved and lazy, and made tons of dumb plays with the puck.

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
I mean, being a professional hockey player, that gets paid millions of dollars to play, yeah I do believe he gives an "FFFF". He was wearing an A on his jersey, so hopefully he gave an FFFF.

He looked bad tonight. I get it, game 1 of the preseason, and it's not the end of the world, but he looked uninvolved and lazy, and made tons of dumb plays with the puck.
its called pacing yourself over a marathon season , conserving energy and lessening the chance of injury in a meaningless game . how you just watched how hard perron competes over the past few seasons then come in this thread bitching about him in a meaningless game is ridiculous

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Perron is 35 years old and has been playing in the league for 18 seasons.

The only reason for him to even be in the lineup in preseason is to get some shifts at full game speed to work out the cobwebs and maybe break in some new equipment.

It doesn't make sense for him to go 100% effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad