GDT: Preseason Game #1... 9/26 vs. Pittsburgh

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
The moment we've been waiting months for is finally here. Very excited for tonight, also the first of many times I get paid to watch the wings on the clock :D

That lineup for tonight oo 😍

Was just thinking the same thing... Blue Jays playoff run, Wing's season starting, Lions have a decent team... all this to watch at work. All these sports to watch and I got to go home and tell my wife how hard my shift was. Phew...

Some key guys playing tonight, will be nice to tune in and see anything from them. Been a long summer!

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Definitely exciting to see how he looks. (along with Lombardi).
I'm excited about Lombardi, but until I see something different, I'd much rather him play wing. He will get more opportunity with our current center depth. He could be another DBC with his shot and intelligence.

Reactions: lilidk

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
That has to be the most talented defensive group we've iced since Lidström retired, right?
I think many on this board would not be upset if that was the pairings we went with to open the season.

Danielson going to make the Wings think long and hard about keeping him up.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'm excited about Lombardi, but until I see something different, I'd much rather him play wing. He will get more opportunity with our current center depth. He could be another DBC with his shot and intelligence.
At his size and with his build he is a winger at the NHL level. That doesn't make him a bad or worse player mind you, it just means he plays wing instead of center.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Looks like... DeBrincat-Larkin-Raymond, Rasmussen-Copp-Perron

After Seider and Walman, unsure of the d-pairs

I really like the forward lines of DeBrincat-Larkin-Raymond, Rasmussen-Copp-Perron

That has to be the most talented defensive group we've iced since Lidström retired, right?
Yeah, we had some dark, dark days on defense. The future is here and it is bright.

Reactions: Ezekial

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
He's got to have Berggren and Raymond switched on the second unit

This game is on ESPN+, yes. IDK about the future games
Ahh I remember now... Last year half the games were literally set up so the broadcast was fed via the scoreboard.

So they were broadcasted, but annoying as f*** because you'd get all the scoreboard graphics, horn noises, and some awful camera angles mid-play.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Surprised to see Danielson on PP if he is bound for juniors. It's not because of lack of forwards either, as Ras and Elmer is playing.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Surprised to see Danielson on PP if he is bound for juniors. It's not because of lack of forwards either, as Ras and Elmer is playing.
Well, someone somewhere said shane wright got an ahl exemption at some point...maybe we can get Danielson an exemption?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The thing about Ras is he is going to be playing 2nd line minutes and a top 4 PKer, all situations might be a lot for him.

Danielson played the point on his PP at Brandon, he's versatile on the PP, will be interesting to see his usage.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Wings with their possible top 2 lines and D pair vs the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad