Premier League 2021-2022 part III

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You have to remember the EPL isn't a gate receipts driven league. Yes, West Hams match day revenue will be bigger than say Brighton or Wolves, but a far bigger chunk of change comes from the TV money, and all 20 teams get £100m +

Even the prize money only goes up by ~£2m per position.

Plus they're not in the Champions League. They'll get a bit of money for their run in the Europa League, but it's not UCL money.

Finally they don't have the national and international fanbase of the teams above them. Merchandise sales and marketing deals will be dwarfed by those above.

So, they've got enough money that they don't need to sell Rice and Bowen....yet. They can even afford to offer them really good money....but they're unlikely to sign because they know the big boys are sniffing round them.
All of my football and budget / income / expenditures knowledge comes from playing FIFA games... Honestly it's a good tutorial for showing how little a piece of pie traditional ticket sales are.

add: I just thought of football manager. (if that is also good... and if anyone plays that)

Reactions: JPBolts

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
All of my football and budget / income / expenditures knowledge comes from playing FIFA games... Honestly it's a good tutorial for showing how little a piece of pie traditional ticket sales are.

add: I just thought of football manager. (if that is also good... and if anyone plays that)

Yeah, FM is really good for learning relative footie finance. I never realised how poor Serie A was until I managed Fiorentina there. Winning the Scudetto was one thing, trying to get past the first knockout round in the Champions League was another :laugh:

Reactions: JPBolts and LOGiK

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There is no reason Ronnie should be ahead of Sonny, but any of those others would have been a very difficult cut

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
However, there's no doubt he's the best Asian player in the league.
I think referring to Sonny as the best Asian player in the league is a bit insulting to Sonny at this point. Everyone knows Sonny is the best Asian player in the world. He is also one of the best players in the league. No other qualifiers or identifiers needed.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I think referring to Sonny as the best Asian player in the league is a bit insulting to Sonny at this point. Everyone knows Sonny is the best Asian player in the world. He is also one of the best players in the league. No other qualifiers or identifiers needed.
It's certainly a pressure adder to him, but he's no doubt the best in the continent. It's a shame his talent is being wasted because his national team isn't as well-rounded as he is.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Definitely a top 5 player in the Premier League. .
Not an unfair statement. Honestly the top 7-10 players in the PL are pretty interchangeable

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It’s voted on by the players so it’s heavily dependent on reputation and on how respected players are among their peers as opposed to a more objective evaluation of their skill.
If an actually objective evaluation came in, Sonny would be the lone EPL goal leader, since Salah contributed some of his goal counts with PK goals, while Sonny had none.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If an actually objective evaluation came in, Sonny would be the lone EPL goal leader, since Salah contributed some of his goal counts with PK goals, while Sonny had none.
That’s not really objective :laugh: objective would be did the ball go in the net by a direct contribution from the player (shot, header, deflection, etc)? If so then it’s their goal.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
No Darke please, thanks .

Drury will be a better voice than White

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Give me Efan Ekoku and it doesn't matter who he works with. Think he's the most critical color guy out there, doesn't show any favoritism towards any teams and calls out players all the time.

Not familiar with Drury so can't comment. Darke was good when with McMannamin but once put with Twellman turned to crap.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad