Premier League 2021-2022 part III

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Everton tied with Watford for the final spot above relegation. They have games in hand but need to start getting points fast. With a new stadium coming it would be a disaster for the organization to regress this badly.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Everton tied with Watford for the final spot above relegation. They have games in hand but need to start getting points fast. With a new stadium coming it would be a disaster for the organization to regress this badly.
I thought the Everton goalkeeper Pickford was the best goalkeeper in England. And Vardy can score for the team.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
@Blender
It’s not about not liking what the stats say, it is about you and some others not understanding what they represent. A pass completion percentage under 90 can be a better thing than a pass completion over 90%, for example, since most players with a pass completion % over 90 get those stats through playing safe, short passes. If Højbjerg has more blocks than Kante, it is because Tottenham defend deeper than Chelsea and therefore block more shots, but it absolutely does not mean Højbjerg is better than Kante at blocking shots. If Partey has more interceptions than Rice, that is largely because Arsenal press higher than West Ham. You understand the point? Most of these stats should not be used to judge a players strenghts or weaknesses since they actually don’t really say much about that.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Brady was in the stands during the United game. I'd like to believe that Ronaldo's performance inspired him to make a comeback.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
To be fair, some of the players also make poor choices. Henderson looked to be there to take the job if he faltered, but he's been glued to the bench.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
John Henry made his money on almond futures, what a hypocrite! :sarcasm:

The "you" in that sentence is the PL, though. They knew and didn't (and still don't) care until they're absolutely forced to. There was plenty of public outcry against the Saudis and it didn't change anything in the end. All they had to was pretend PIF had their independence and the PL had their plausible deniability.

Reactions: Chimaera

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Surprised the Tottenham vs Arsenal match that was postponed last month hasn’t been rescheduled. Neither team have any games outside the EPL
That Tottenham fixture pileup we were all looking forward to never actually, happened did it?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Surprised the Tottenham vs Arsenal match that was postponed last month hasn’t been rescheduled. Neither team have any games outside the EPL
Neither team has European football either. They will find a spot

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I don't watch every Liverpool game, but I have always perceived Salah as a guy who tries to stay on his feet and keep driving forward. I've brought up before how the league rewards diving by not calling fouls when players stay up instead of throwing themselves to the ground, this hurts players like Salah. Look where Mane is on that chart for comparison, who throws himself to the ground constantly whenever a stiff breeze hits him.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
@Blender
It’s not about not liking what the stats say, it is about you and some others not understanding what they represent. A pass completion percentage under 90 can be a better thing than a pass completion over 90%, for example, since most players with a pass completion % over 90 get those stats through playing safe, short passes. If Højbjerg has more blocks than Kante, it is because Tottenham defend deeper than Chelsea and therefore block more shots, but it absolutely does not mean Højbjerg is better than Kante at blocking shots. If Partey has more interceptions than Rice, that is largely because Arsenal press higher than West Ham. You understand the point? Most of these stats should not be used to judge a players strenghts or weaknesses since they actually don’t really say much about that.
Do you understand that you can also look up team stats for context?

Tottenham blocks/90: 0.18
Chelsea blocks/90: 0.17

Arsenal interceptions/90: 0.15
West Ham interceptions/90: 0.17

Stats between most of the teams in the top half of the table are not as different as you seem to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad