Premier League 2021-2022 part III

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Give me Efan Ekoku and it doesn't matter who he works with. Think he's the most critical color guy out there, doesn't show any favoritism towards any teams and calls out players all the time.

Not familiar with Drury so can't comment. Darke was good when with McMannamin but once put with Twellman turned to crap.
Ekoku is a beast, so neutral and tells it how it is. It sucks they don't give him the prime matches so I have to hear Dixon be a stubborn old bloke. Peter Drury is very good, much better than White and in my top 3 of PBP. That woman that EPL used this season was also a very good PBP as well.

Reactions: JPBolts

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
I mean, I hope the entire crew gets refreshed from White, Dixon and LeSaux. Drury is a good start in the PBP and I certainly wouldnt have a problem with Ekoku as color man.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That’s not really objective :laugh: objective would be did the ball go in the net by a direct contribution from the player (shot, header, deflection, etc)? If so then it’s their goal.
Salah didn't make the penalties; he only kicked them, which is different from Son, who actually contributed on all of his twenty-three goals.

Obviously, there's a clear difference you didn't get.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Salah didn't make the penalties; he only kicked them, which is different from Son, who actually contributed on all of his twenty-three goals.

Obviously, there's a clear difference you didn't get.
Obviously you didn’t understand what I said or maybe you don’t know the difference between objective and subjective.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Obviously you didn’t understand what I said or maybe you don’t know the difference between objective and subjective.
So, you're saying you agree on how players should be voted by the reputation of their peers? I thought that was more subjective, and, voting aside, I thought open-play goals mattered more than penalty kick goals.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So, you're saying you agree on how players should be voted by the reputation of their peers? I thought that was more subjective, and, voting aside, I thought open-play goals mattered more than penalty kick goals.
A goal is a goal. One doesn’t matter more than the other. Also that’s not what I said but continue changing the argument. Go look back at what I said originally.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
A goal is a goal. One doesn’t matter more than the other. Also that’s not what I said but continue changing the argument. Go look back at what I said originally.
No, I'm not changing the argument.

It seemed to me the original poster was trying to say votes by the reputation by the peers are more important than an objective evaluation of skill.

What you're saying right now is highly subjective and is based on your opinion, regardless of whether it is shallow or not. If you want to talk about the number of assists of both players, that's a different story, but, as far as just the goals are concerned, there's a clear difference of skill between open-play and penalty kick goals.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No, I'm not changing the argument.

It seemed to me the original poster was trying to say votes by the reputation by the peers are more important than an objective evaluation of skill.

What you're saying right now is highly subjective and is based on your opinion, regardless of whether it is shallow or not. If you want to talk about the number of assists of both players, that's a different story, but, as far as just the goals are concerned, there's a clear difference of skill between open-play and penalty kick goals.
Is there? Hungary today scored a penalty and won the game 1-0. Is that any different than if they scored in open play and won 1-0?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I6dYAUXwAa3MzgljtYZznvz6RBv2mLE3rbFHn-l5NZU.png

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United being tied for the worst at set pieces doesn't surprise me at all.

Them being second behind only City in terms of switches seems completely insane.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

PFA Premier League Team of the Year:​

Alisson -- Liverpool
Trent Alexander-Arnold -- Liverpool
Virgil van Dijk -- Liverpool
Antonio Rudiger -- Chelsea
Joao Cancelo -- Manchester City
Kevin De Bruyne -- Manchester City
Thiago Alcantara -- Liverpool
Bernardo Silva -- Manchester City
Sadio Mane -- Liverpool
Cristiano Ronaldo -- Manchester United
Mohamed Salah -- Liverpool - PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Would love to know what Thiago did over Rice or even Partey for that matter...

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
I mean, Partey only played in 24 matches so that is easy to eliminate him from contention.

Rice was clearly the better pick but getting wound up about this is dumb.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad