Premier League 2017-2018

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
There's a huge difference in quality between Hazard and Ozil, especially these days. Hazard is more capable of creating damage, but the two teams have completely different tactics.

There is a huge difference...because Ozil creates more chances for his teammates. No one here was trying to say he's the better player. Apparently Ozil is getting underrated around here.

Also, Ozil is very effective at creating space for his teammates, just not in the same way that Hazard does.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Pochettino isn't stupid. He might move to PSG for then to be fired 7 months later. Better managers than him have failed when moving to a new club. Will he then be able to find a new "project" as good as Spurs?

I don't expect him to stay forever, but as long as Spurs are improving I think he'll stay at least a couple of more years regardless what he gets offered somewhere else. I certainly don't think he is dreaming of coaching PSG right now. Neither do I believe he would be a good choice for PSG. His strengths are creating enthusiasm and instilling players with confidence. As for egos he usually kicks them out. And he isn't very good at game management.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
salah.png

Better finisher than Suarez was. The goal conversion there is insane.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think he does too but the allure of managing your former team who are now top 5 in the world must be tempting.

I think it is debatable if they are top 5 but does he have a strong attachment to PSG.

I mean your former team has a lot of different meanings and just having played for a team doesn't necessarily mean you want to head back there. It seems like he spent a fairly short time there especially compared to Espanyol. I mean he has more games at Spurs than he does at PSG.

Also I am not sure that would be the most appealing job seeing how they fired Blanc after decent success and would now be firing Emery in short order. Seems like the stakes there would be fairly high, which might appeal to some, but also not necessarily be the best choice for a guy with (likely) other decent options.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The simple fact is that unless Spurs pay him the same wage that managers like Klopp, Pep, and Mourinho get, he will leave. And they get a LOT.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Poch has stated many times he loved PSG and would love to coach there.

Well I thought he was a lot better than that but I guess not. I still think the nature of the position likely holds him back at this point especially if Real Madrid is a possibility but I have long ago realized that these guys wishes and decisions are much, much different than the decisions I would make.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The simple fact is that unless Spurs pay him the same wage that managers like Klopp, Pep, and Mourinho get, he will leave. And they get a LOT.

Klopp makes similar money to Pep and Mourinho??

Talk about a terrible return on investment.

Edit: Ok I see he doesn't make as much but is paid more than Poch.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wouldn't Poch be an Emery type hire?
Nah. Emery has more trophies.

But Poch’s profile is really, really high. He will be the hottest name. Emery was a consolation prize. Sevilla is about his level and he has had some bad stops.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Nah. Emery has more trophies.

But Poch’s profile is really, really high. He will be the hottest name. Emery was a consolation prize. Sevilla is about his level and he has had some bad stops.

Fair enough I assumed you were talking about going with a young, upcoming manager from a "lower" tier club as opposed to going with one of the more established "star" managers (Mourinho, Pep, Ancelloti etc.)

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's *possible* that he simply loves Spurs enough that he stays there despite betters offers from elsewhere. I wouldn't bet on it though.

I think he goes for a better offer for sure I think the debate would be what he considers a better offer.

Is it purely money? Does PSG seemingly not being happy with managers and having extremely high, maybe unreasonable, expectations affect him? Is now the time to go to Real or better to wait? How much control does he have at Tottenham versus what he may have to give up at other places?

If I was a betting man i would bet on him going at some point but I am not sure I am convinced it will be this summer.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Mourinho probably makes more, but I'm not sure why he's been dramatically more successful than Klopp.

He won an EL, Klopp made a final. Both have very similar league finishes.

Yes in the short time Mourinho has been here he has been marginally better but at least with him you are bringing in a history of success that Klopp hasn't come close to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad