Premier League 2017-2018

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So can Bournemouth but you didn’t include them. I get it, you want to **** on Arsenal. But since you apparently legitimately believe they are going to be passed by a team 11 points back, you must similarly have faith they can pass a team 8 points ahead. We know you would with Liverpool.
I'm not actually just "****ing" on Arsenal. I also don't legitimately believe that Everton is going to pass them -- I made a joke about Walcott leading Everton by them, but the only team that had a legitimate chance of catching Arsenal was Leicester but they pissed off their best player so that's probably down the toilet now (especially after losing to Everton). I listed Arsenal in the games because they're viewed (rightfully) as one of the best 6 clubs, but I do think they're the weakest of the 6 and the furthest back already, with a decently tough schedule to finish the PL season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lacazette is being played a little out of position. He needs to be on the shoulder of the last defender and he really hasn’t been. Of course that’s where Aubameyang wants to play too.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What a game today in Liverpool....Although I'm not convinced that second penalty was truly a penalty

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Zero to 100 | By Harry Kane

Kane still motivated by getting cut by Arsenal. At age 8.

I lurv him.

"I can’t really recall what I felt in that moment. To be honest — I don’t even think I really knew what it meant. I was too young. But I do remember how my father reacted, and how it made me feel. He didn’t criticize me. He didn’t criticize Arsenal. He didn’t even look especially bothered by it at all. He just said, “Don’t worry, Harry. We’ll work harder — and we’ll go on and we’ll find another club, alright?”

Looking back on it now, you’d think I would’ve been more upset. And a lot of fathers, if they were desperate for their son to be a professional footballer … they would’ve reacted quite a bit differently, I suppose. But my dad, no matter what happened — he just never put any pressure on me. He was always so positive. His classic line, in any situation, was, “Well, let’s get on with it then.”

And that’s what we did."

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
No idea what's going to happen to Conte (gone at the end of the season or in the next two weeks) but if I never see Bakayoko again in a Chelsea shirt it will be too soon. I hope its Drinkwater and Kante in a midfield two from here until the end of the season. I'm ready to cut bait on the guy, too. If Paris wanted him last year, sell him for a discount and move on.

The club were right to move on from Matic, especially if he wanted out. Replacing him with this guy, however...

A straight swap for Aubameyang would've been better I think.

That would've been tidy, but after spending so much on him in summer it would have been Robbie Keanesque. Weren't Dortmund linked to him when he was leaving Lyon, too?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
60 years...

6312cfc650ad953383437e98d61e6eae.jpg

Still wonder what kind of a career that man on the left would have had...

If you look at most players they’re good at certain things; in the air, with their left or right foot, they read the game well, or have pace. But Duncan had it all – he really was better at everything than anyone else. From the first moment I saw him he could play anywhere and do anything; he was brave, great in the tackle, could pass it long or short and score goals. When I arrived at United I was told there were a lot of good players, but Duncan was the only one who could do things I knew I wasn’t capable of.

- Sir Bobby Charlton

If I shut my eyes I can see him now. Those pants hitched up, the wild leaps of boyish enthusiasm as he came running out of the tunnel, the tremendous power of his tackle – always fair but fearsome – the immense power on the ball. He played wing-half, centre-half, centre-forward and inside-forward with consummate ease. When I used to hear Muhammad Ali proclaim to the world that he was the greatest, I used to smile. You see, the greatest of them all was an English footballer named Duncan Edwards.

- Jimmy Murphy

A broken heart a broken dream, A broken plane a broken team, No words were said a silent vow, We loved you then we love you now, The red flag will always fly, For Man United will never die!

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No idea what's going to happen to Conte (gone at the end of the season or in the next two weeks) but if I never see Bakayoko again in a Chelsea shirt it will be too soon. I hope its Drinkwater and Kante in a midfield two from here until the end of the season. I'm ready to cut bait on the guy, too. If Paris wanted him last year, sell him for a discount and move on.

The club were right to move on from Matic, especially if he wanted out. Replacing him with this guy, however...

That would've been tidy, but after spending so much on him in summer it would have been Robbie Keanesque. Weren't Dortmund linked to him when he was leaving Lyon, too?
1/ Bakayoko has been further in the CL than almost every Chelsea player. And was key doing so.
So give him some time and respect please.

2/ Aubameyang never played with Lyon.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
1/ Bakayoko has been further in the CL than almost every Chelsea player. And was key doing so.
So give him some time and respect please.

2/ Aubameyang never played with Lyon.

1. I didnt mean it to sound disrespectful to the guy because the best possible outcome is for him succeed here. But he looks devoid of confidence at the moment and given the season right now that's a terrible place to be because things stand to get worse for the club from here on out. You're right that he's been further in the CL and its to his credit. For the record I think he can be an excellent player, but I'm just less convinced than ever its going to happen at Chelsea. That's as much about the current climate at the club, and an abysmal record for player development and evolution as much as anything about Bakayoko himself who has already shown his gifts in France and has all the tools to succeed in England.

My nightmare right now is that, with the injuries piling up, Conte has no choice but to throw him straight back in the mix after the WBA game and he has another bad outing. The toxic mix of bad performance + press maelstrom surrounding manager firing + "players need to look at themselves" takes could destroy what confidence he has left and make it impossible for him to shine in England. If he can be shielded from here until the summer, and then reassessed under a new manager, that would be the best possible outcome.

2. I was talking about Lacazette being included by Arsenal in a deal for PEA.

Also, some of Baka's performance yesterday is clearly on Conte. It was obvious to everyone he was having an all time career bad game, and he still didnt yank him after an early yellow.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Some players just don't fit certain teams. Both Chelsea and Bakayoko would be better off if they parted ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad