Speculation: Preference: Washington or Carolina

Who do you prefer the Islanders play in Round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Oshie being out makes things interesting.

Always thought he was one of the biggest pieces there in terms of leadership. Carolina might pull this one out!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm of course not wishing injuries on anyone, but this is what happens in long, intense series. Players get hurt - whether its acute injuries or just wear and tear on the body. The longer this series goes, the better it bodes for the Islanders. I think if this goes 7 games, the Caps/Canes will only have one day off before having to play the Islanders, if I'm not mistaken - which would be Friday the 26th.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Canes PP is atrocious like ours. A series with them would be strictly decided by 5v5 play.

They're a very similar team. Honestly, though, their top 6 is more talented. I like, though, that Barzal seems to have something that Aho doesn't. Maybe it's just that he's so emotional.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
If I recall we were very physical against AHO and co last time we played them. Albeit, a long time ago. Really want no part of the caps....

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Carolina is doing to the Caps what the Islanders can. Not sure Isles will score enough against the Canes defense.

I still expect Mrazek to return to his usual form. When that happens it’ll get ugly quick for Carolina. Sometimes that occurs in a new series. Fleury completely lost it last year between the WCF and the cup final

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I still expect Mrazek to return to his usual form. When that happens it’ll get ugly quick for Carolina. Sometimes that occurs in a new series. Fleury completely lost it last year between the WCF and the cup final

Do you mean Mrazek pre Feb?
He has been very good since Feb 1

This team found itself after Jan 1

BallinPB

Dec 18, 2018
I prefer the Caps. Canes have the 3rd best record in the league after New Years I believe. I believe our D can shut the Caps down.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
With JB out on D, I think Isles has a bit more chance against Canes with Hickey back into line-up as Caps is the more physical team of the two opponents and potentially are more dangerous on their PP. I am a bit worry though about how the change on the D pairings would impact how Isles play, especially the play of Leddy. They better improve their PP big time, because they are going to need that to match with either Caps or Cane as those teams can score up and down their line-up. Based on how well # 3 & # 6 has played together, hope they will not break up that shutdown pair.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Oshie being out makes things interesting.

Always thought he was one of the biggest pieces there in terms of leadership. Carolina might pull this one out!
I hope they rough each other up royally before they finish the series.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Give me Carolina after a 7 gamer. They are banged up right now which is probably why the Caps beat them, but I will hold out hope.
Caps pretty beat up too. Oshie a huge loss and no sign Kempny coming back any time soon, and even if he does come back, no way he's 100 percent. Torn hammys may heal after surgery but take a long time to be right.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Caps pretty beat up too. Oshie a huge loss and no sign Kempny coming back any time soon, and even if he does come back, no way he's 100 percent. Torn hammys may heal after surgery but take a long time to be right.
Ask Rickey Henderson about his hammy.:laugh:

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
If I recall we were very physical against AHO and co last time we played them. Albeit, a long time ago. Really want no part of the caps....
Even though Aho has put up some points, he is apparently playing hurt and wearing a knee brace from an injury he got a while back colliding with Nino.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
I want the Caps after last night's game and Oshie being out.

Plus, it's more of a revenge factor from the last 7 game series with them. Want Wilson to go down.

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
Mark Parrish and I talk about this in the latest episode of my podcast, but the way he presented it is hard to argue.

He strongly advocates not going against Washington. I agree.

I just heard that on your podcast. Great podcast by the way! And I agree with Mark Parrish. Washington will be fired up and wants to beat Trotz, but the way that series took a turn last game, I cant see Carolina coming up with 2 wins and we will get Washington in the second round.

Reactions: teknics and seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I have a hard time seeing Carolina pulling this one off. No Svechnikov, Ferland, and Martinook. Plus if Aho and de Haan are playing injured, that’s a lot of blows to that team.

I hope they do, but Washington are the reigning Cup champs. Completely different matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad