Speculation: Preference: Washington or Carolina

Who do you prefer the Islanders play in Round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Voted Carolina. Home ice and I really don't think Mrazek is anything special. Caps really haven't played all that well in this series and they're still up 2-1. We'll see what happens tonight though

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Toronto in the ECF and Colorado in the SC

And in the FHSAA Lacrosse Final Four . . . Oxbridge, Ponte Vedra, Cardinal Mooney and Bishop Moore . . . guaranteed another first time winner there.

And Koepka in the PGA at Bethpage

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Carolina by a mile for me. There are no easy games from here on out. I will take the team with an unproven (yet playing well) goalie, an inexperienced playoff team (like us) and home ice advantage (the Barc will get very loud, even if not Coli loud). There is nobody on Carolina anywhere close to Ovi, or even Backstrom. I am willing to take my chances on the Canes keep playing well over a battle tested, defending SC Champion team any day, barring any major injuries.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
I like the idea of Barry Trotz having an entire week to prepare for his old team and drilling the Islanders on every weakness and tendency he noted with those guys during his tenure there.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Caps have the experience and more high end talent then the isles,but Canes are probably hungrier. Looking to gain respect ( like the isles).

Either would be a tough opponent, so I am not gonna worry about who the isles will be facing. Just let their series be a bruising, 7 game series :laugh:

Reactions: WangMustGo

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Caps have the experience and more high end talent then the isles,but Canes are probably hungrier. Looking to gain respect ( like the isles).

Either would be a tough opponent, so I am not gonna worry about who the isles will be facing. Just let their series be a bruising, 7 game series :laugh:

Honestly, who would be considered the favorite in an Isles-Canes matchup? I'm thinking the Isles because of Trotz and Lehner. I wouldn't like to be considered the favorite though.

Although I'm sure the conversation would be "what did the Caps & Pens do wrong to let an Islanders - Hurricanes series happen?"

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Washington because there is NOTHING for me to do in Raleigh on an off day. :naughty:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
carolina only because of home ice
My only answer.

I lean Washington because I want that series more, it'd be more satisfying beating them. There would be a lot more emotion in it, there'd be Barry Trotz line in all of our avatars on the line. So I want Washington for that but realistically give me home ice.

Reactions: MJF

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Strongly prefer Carolina. The extra home game is nice too.

Washington would be more fun to watch, no doubt.

Defending champs experience, "been there before" always counts for something.
And they've got some guy who wears #8. I'm worried about him.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I voted do not care, mainly because outside of Boston I think we can beat any team in the East, as long as Boston is not on the calendar we should be OK.... Trotz has a lot to prove to beat Washington, but Carolina gets us home ice... Carolina scares me more honestly because they have been deadly for 40-50 games now, Washington to me is not the best coached team in the league

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Washington. Trotz knows everything about them, and the Isles managed to keep them off the scoreboard twice in the regular season.

But to be honest, it doesn't matter. I think the Isles can beat both of them.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I want home ice. The Washington matchup is a little sexier, but ya know what would be even sexier than that? Making and winning the Cup finals! So I'm not gonna worry too much about that part - home ice is reason enough to root for a matchup. And while I won't take Carolina lightly, they don't have the experience and cache that the Caps do. We play Carolina with home ice, I think we have to be the favorites. At the very least its a toss up. Against the Caps? We're heavy dogs.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Although I'm sure the conversation would be "what did the Caps & Pens do wrong to let an Islanders - Hurricanes series happen?"

Just because I'd love to see that shitshow, I want Canes :laugh:

Tbh, neither team will be an easy opponent. Canes are young and have a lot to prove, Caps are battle-tested and know what it takes to win. That said, Canes goaltending is a bit of a questionmark and Caps could be tired. So just for the hockey gods over in Canada losing their collective shit over this, I want an Isles vs. Canes series.

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
Canes because of the home ice. Also I think the Trotz/Caps storyline will get tiresome and I think Carolina would be a fun series, and I might sneak down to a game in Raleigh if that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad