GDT: Preds vs hawks 7:30 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What? He's 24. Acting like oh may hell be 25 next year... what are you talking about? Goaltending is as much mental and pattern adjusting on your own. Goalies in no rare pattern get better or become nhl regulars only 26-28 Onward. Doesn't mean it has to be with the Blackhawks. But being on a tanking team 2 years at 23-24 doesn't mean he can't grow his rebound control and anticipation though play in lesser legs. A lot of it is reputation no matter where at.

Not mainly abouts soderblom. Some of yall are needlessly miserable.
I'm miserable? About Soda? I've been pumping his tires for years man. Been called a Soda apologist this year. Promise you I'm rooting for the guy.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not sure what you do about Reichel. Feel like they’ve tried everything they can to get him going.

Tough spot. You don’t want a guy to run himself into the ground but they shouldn’t send him to the AHL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I agree. 10 game run and close your eyes and evaluate the results.

He still got out there in OT and again, did nothing. Some of it simply does fall on the player.
Again, tied to the Soda thing, definitely. I've been cheerleading both for years before they got here. It hasn't stopped because they've had a rough two months.

Reactions: TLEH

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ve also liked Reichel for years. Two month sample size isn’t nothing. Especially considering the other positive sample size is smaller.

It’s hard to go PPG as a 19 year old in the AHL. The talent is there.

Center experiment. Moving him back. Musical linemates. He's mentally f***ed right now. He needs a confidence boost. Should have sent him out second in the shootout.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’ve also liked Reichel for years. Two month sample size isn’t nothing. Especially considering the other positive sample size is smaller.

Isn’t that just another red flag for the coaching staff? It’s imperative that the young forwards actually develop. But Reichel is obviously having his issues and even Bedard isn’t playing that well right now. How long do they let it go? I’m really hoping it’s not years because it may not end up being just Reichel.

I’m gonna vomit

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

It's how I feel about Phillips and Kaiser too. Zaitsev has been a pretty solid #6RD. Phillips and Kaiser have both looked decent in stretches playing third pairing LD. Sit em both down, tell them no matter how well or poorly you play, barring injury you're playing every other night at this level over the next thirty games. They've each looked bad, mostly playing together with whoever is playing their offside looking worse. Tell them we'll evaluate after the next thirty games and the winner gets a prolonged stretch to end the year playing every night. No mental gymnastics, direct competition.

Instead we get a rotating veteran like Tinordi playing regularly who is an absolute plug that can blow guys up and punch faces but cannot play NHL hockey.

Kids don't look good next to him. No kidding.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Seems like he’s coaching the D for a development year and coaching the forwards for a winning year.

Are we trying to win or develop? Because we both know what it is so let’s play Reichel with Bedard and Foligno for 30 games and put him on PP1. This team has zero talent let’s go.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I've crapped on Entwistle plenty. He's been a pretty good fourth liner this year. I always give my honest opinion. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. It's happened plenty. But I'm not shy about giving my opinion. Just feel like I'm attacked too often for it when I seemingly give it and I've never had a track record for holding opinions when from year to year I freely admit to changing them.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Does anyone know when it’s most likely that we see the debuts of Nazar and Moore? Will both be part of the opening night lineup next season or will it take longer?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard had a poor real game..Tge shoot-iut isxa phoney gimmick.. Brdardckedcthectean in give-aways with 5!!!
And of course no scoring nhe real game.
THAT'S HOW badl

Vlasic uncharacteristically had 3 giveaways...but he again showed recovery ability so these dod nodamage ..He played mostly with $9.5 who foronce had a $9.5 value good game at +3 and 2a...Vlasic was.+2 withv1a...and hechad 4 blocked shots.. Vlasic played over 25 minutes
He has played consistently well all season.

However I do not understand why on sone shifts LR had Vladic playing RD and $9.5 his LD partner and on other shifts they were back to the normal Vlasic at LD and $9.5 at RD...

I do not understand why LR even experiments with such a shoft in sides with them the switches back to normal sides..WHY? To me it adds more helter skelter than necessary..Why upset normal d-pair roles? LR should stop doing this.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Seems like he’s coaching the D for a development year and coaching the forwards for a winning year.

Are we trying to win or develop? Because we both know what it is so let’s play Reichel with Bedard and Foligno for 30 games and put him on PP1. This team has zero talent let’s go.
Had the same problem last year. Said over and over again that LuRich isn't some incredible coach he's just getting a bunch of grinders to buy in and play over their ability twenty something games in. Said the team was objectively bad and we're objectively bad. Very much in the Bedard race. Like that's a talent but not at the NHL level.

LuRich hasn't proven much. He also hasn't disproven much. Everyone breathe.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Does anyone know when it’s most likely that we see the debuts of Nazar and Moore? Will both be part of the opening night lineup next season or will it take longer?
Nazar will play this year if Michigan gets eliminated.

Moore is going back.

Had the same problem last year. Said over and over again that LuRich isn't some incredible coach he's just getting a bunch of grinders to buy in and play over their ability twenty something games in. Said the team was objectively bad and we're objectively bad. Very much in the Bedard race. Like that's a talent but not at the NHL level.

Losses are expected. So is development.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I don't think he has any idea how to coach young forward talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad