GDT: Preds vs hawks 7:30 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I mean, I wouldn't have gone to Johnson but we're not at practice. Maybe Johnson is lights out in practice. At the end of the day, the only guaranteed shooter we should see is Bedard. I would have Kurashev second but I'm sure he would have been third. After Bedard and Kurashev it's a crapshoot.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I mean, I wouldn't have gone to Johnson but we're not at practice. Maybe Johnson is lights out in practice. At the end of the day, the only guaranteed shooter we should see is Bedard. I would have Kurashev second but I'm sure he would have been third. After Bedard and Kurashev it's a crapshoot.

It should probably be 3 of Bedard, Foligno, Kurashev, and Reichel. TyJo probably shouldn't even sniff the top 5.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Entwistle was going third

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
They held down the fort against a feisty team when the puck was in our zone. Much better than games past. The youth know that to win they have to produce because the Dickinson line is our depth and/or scoring depending on how you look at it, think that's a big part of why the kids are choking up on their sticks every game.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
yeah that was my first thought too, coaches have a tendency of going with hunches in shootouts if the top 3 shooters arent firmly established. Curious what our teams career shootout numbers are like - you can be a so-so player but be good in shootouts

Reactions: TheFridge

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well zreichel did suck 1st 2 periods but pkayed better in the 3rd period...had 1 great shift wherec3 high dangercscoring chances created by him andvtgev4th line ..and the shift after hecwas pretty good as well.. But a few shifts of flash and effort in just 2 ofc3 periods is not enough.. Gotta play like that all game...

And Bedard suckedcandvhisblinevsuckedvthevebtire regulation game...Woth more space on thec3x3 OT hevgotvsonevchances but strangely dod not have tge "it" energy to make the right plays and get off better shotsv..Apart from his shoot-out goal Bedardcrealkyvsucjedctonight...Notva goidvperformance from hom or his line .

Soda's confidence and technique are just shot to hell..
Looks awful.. Looks sjajey and unsure..

No relief in Rockfordxas Conesso got bumped tonight givingbup 6bgpals on30 shots..I hope Gajan is the ultimate solution else we gotta keep drafting goalies till we get the ultimate solution.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's not going to figure it out playing against AHLers at this level.
Crawford played what…5 AHL seasons? I’m no goaltender guy so obviously I’ll defer but I feel like I’ve seen tons of guys flop around for a bit and then randomly hit 27 and have some success. He doesn’t even have that many AHL starts.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
yeah that was my first thought too, coaches have a tendency of going with hunches in shootouts if the top 3 shooters arent firmly established. Curious what our teams career shootout numbers are like - you can be a so-so player but be good in shootouts

Tyler Johnson has taken 7 shootouts in 12 seasons. He's 3/7 career. To say he's not a go-to guy in the shootout, is an understatement.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Well zreichel did suck 1st 2 periods but pkayed better in the 3rd period...had 1 great shift wherec3 high dangercscoring chances created by him andvtgev4th line ..and the shift after hecwas pretty good as well.. But a few shifts of flash and effort in just 2 ofc3 periods is not enough.. Gotta play like that all game...

And Bedard suckedcandvhisblinevsuckedvthevebtire regulation game...Woth more space on thec3x3 OT hevgotvsonevchances but strangely dod not have tge "it" energy to make the right plays and get off better shotsv..Apart from his shoot-out goal Bedardcrealkyvsucjedctonight...Notva goidvperformance from hom or his line .

No relief in Rockfordxas Conesso got bumped tonight givingbup 6bgpals on30 shots..I hope Gajan is the ultimate solution else we gotta keep drafting goalies till we get the ultimate solution.
English bud

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's not going to figure it out playing against AHLers at this level.
What? He's 24. Acting like oh may hell be 25 next year... what are you talking about? Goaltending is as much mental and pattern adjusting on your own. Goalies in no rare pattern get better or become nhl regulars only 26-28 Onward. Doesn't mean it has to be with the Blackhawks. But being on a tanking team 2 years at 23-24 doesn't mean he can't grow his rebound control and anticipation though play in lesser legs. A lot of it is reputation no matter where at.

Not mainly abouts soderblom. Some of yall are needlessly miserable.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The ‘fire Richardson’ thread will get some traction tonite with the management of Bedard late in the third and Johnson on the shout out.

1:30 left on tie game 3rd. O zone draw. Hot line just comes off ice. Who does he put out? Johnson line. Bedard didn’t see the ice since the power play in regulation. Criminal

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

No comments about Jones tonight? Did you realize he was one of the best players on the ice tonight for either team?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And our stinky PP...Bedardcstandibgvstill too much...Goitacmove ..He stands still waiting for puck toncone to him to try making a play after he gets it..Hevisvnotbgetting either 1 timers like others PPs give shooters. You coukdcstand still in the Ovechikin spot and let others bgetbyoubthebpuck forcac2 timer...or you can move Arnold quickly all over the zone and create chaos and get or create chances from anywhere.. Hawks are not using Bedard in either of these options
. SO it is futility as the opos stop PPattack easily and Brdard not used optimally.

What yheycare doing is Failing badly..so they gotta try something else.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Bedard with probably his worst game in the show. Definitely 5:5. Needs a lot of coaching. The cutesy rat hockey shit has to stop. It’s not connecting and he’s turning the puck over. Likely still adjusting to the NHL speed methinks. I’m concerned about his conditioning too. Looks gassed late in games. Maybe that explains the lack of ice time in the last 5 min of games?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Leave the Foligno line alone. You've found a match-up line who can probably play with anyone.

Now, you have to find a winger who Bedard can thrive off of. It's imperative. He needs a guy that can go get the puck and get it to him. He needs a guy who will go to the dirty areas. Crash the net. Screen the goalie. I don't think either of his wingers are that guy.

Good to see Seth Jones pull his head out of his ass... More of that please.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
No comments about Jones tonight? Did you realize he was one of the best players on the ice tonight for either team?
He was very good tonite. The issue is that we should see that type of play from him every night. We don’t.

Leave the Foligno line alone. You've found a match-up line who can probably play with anyone.

Now, you have to find a winger who Bedard can thrive off of. It's imperative. He needs a guy that can go get the puck and get it to him. He needs a guy who will go to the dirty areas. Crash the net. Screen the goalie. I don't think either of his wingers are that guy.

Good to see Seth Jones pull his head out of his ass... More of that please.
Bedard needs prime era Toews!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Crawford played what…5 AHL seasons? I’m no goaltender guy so obviously I’ll defer but I feel like I’ve seen tons of guys flop around for a bit and then randomly hit 27 and have some success. He doesn’t even have that many AHL starts.
Crawford played longer in the A than he should have because he was eligible to be sent down and Niemi wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad