GDT: Preds vs hawks 7:30 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I can't invest the time to watch Hawks play a full game, and blood pressure won't allow it either. So, I watch the highlights.
Takeaways, too many mental mistakes.
Preds goal # 1 TyJo with an awful pass across the neutral zone; 22 blows his coverage-GOAL

Preds 2nd goal- Murphy lunges for a poke check on a guy covered by 55; puck chips behind him and too slow to react. Totally caused his own problems-GOAL

Preds 3rd goal-72 way too high on PK; 2 on 1 in front of net; GOAL

Shootout-90 again with a brain cramp, the book on Saros is elevation, 90 tries to score along the ice.

I don't like dumb hockey, if a guy makes a play on you, oh well it happens but to screw yourself is unacceptable.

Time for a Lisinopril

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dead Last .....get out the Draft Simulator...with the 2nd pick of the2024 Draft the Blackhawks select Cayden Lindstrom...(Perfection in Tanking is not rewarded...so the Lotto Gods will surely bump us down from#1to#2)...No Celebrinicelebration for us ...Still thevideacofx2 pip-squeak small centers being handled by the big boys is a dead i the water strategy...

Notice that our top successful line has been with a big Center i Dickinson...Tgevpip-squeak fancy dan centers have trouble trying to get to the slot ...I am ok with 1 in Bedard..but an even smaller Nazar ...it does not bode well. Move hom to wing and get us a BIG Center who can impact in tge slotcand at the crease and also o rush entries powering past defenders...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
suckedcandvhisblinevsuckedvthevebtire

umm-umm-no.gif

Reactions: Jimmy2Times

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I agree. This year is all about development anyway, results should be secondary. All I was saying that its also on the player to seize those few games and make SOMETHING of it.
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, but giving that opportunity to a cooked Tyler Johnson is about the worst decision you can make. He’s not apart of the present or future, and sucks as much as anybody.

I don’t think Reichel has played well, but this coaching staff has not helped him. Going from playing a position he shouldn’t be, having Johnson and Raddysh as your most common linemates, a power play that isn’t coached properly, to first line for 5 games, to scratch, to the fourth line. Good luck developing like that.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree. 10 game run and close your eyes and evaluate the results.

He still got out there in OT and again, did nothing. Some of it simply does fall on the player.
Actually, it was worse than that. In OT where possession is the name of the game, Reichel got knocked off the puck easily in the neutral zone and (as usual) he showed no interest in digging in to get it back. How long is he going to get away with playing soft as butter pond hockey?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I thought I remembered seeing something about how Reichel himself wanted to play C as well. Not 100% sure though.
Yeah I remember reading something from Scott Powers I think. Said that the front office made a promise to Reichel.

Reactions: TLEH

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Does anyone know when it’s most likely that we see the debuts of Nazar and Moore? Will both be part of the opening night lineup next season or will it take longer?
Just a WAG, but I'd doubt on either for next year's roster unless they just crush training camp and don't give the FO a choice. Nazar would be slighly more likely but with the hip costing him pretty much all of last year that's still a long shot IMO. Of course - I said the same thing about KK this year and he's up.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just a WAG, but I'd doubt on either for next year's roster unless they just crush training camp and don't give the FO a choice. Nazar would be slighly more likely but with the hip costing him pretty much all of last year that's still a long shot IMO. Of course - I said the same thing about KK this year and he's up.
That's the thing. If they're ready, they're ready. If they're good enough to make the NHL team, then that's what will happen. Simple as that.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think its pretty obvious that until reichel gets in the weight room he will never be able to play center and will struggle as a wing unless he has space.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
I’ll give the season halfway point before I start really making statements on stuff.

I’m certainly skeptical of Richardson and he has plenty of negatives to point at.
this team is not improving at all under this coaching staff his hockey iq is not good play bedard nonstop and short shift everyone else is simply not working other teams such as san jose which have less talent have more points than the blackhawkes and the losses keep pilling up

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Dead Last .....get out the Draft Simulator...with the 2nd pick of the2024 Draft the Blackhawks select Cayden Lindstrom...(Perfection in Tanking is not rewarded...so the Lotto Gods will surely bump us down from#1to#2)...No Celebrinicelebration for us ...Still thevideacofx2 pip-squeak small centers being handled by the big boys is a dead i the water strategy...

Notice that our top successful line has been with a big Center i Dickinson...Tgevpip-squeak fancy dan centers have trouble trying to get to the slot ...I am ok with 1 in Bedard..but an even smaller Nazar ...it does not bode well. Move hom to wing and get us a BIG Center who can impact in tge slotcand at the crease and also o rush entries powering past defenders...

Regardless we’d pick 3rd overall at worst…but it’s nowhere but up from here

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I've crapped on Entwistle plenty. He's been a pretty good fourth liner this year. I always give my honest opinion. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. It's happened plenty. But I'm not shy about giving my opinion. Just feel like I'm attacked too often for it when I seemingly give it and I've never had a track record for holding opinions when from year to year I freely admit to changing them.
FU man. And Kopecky was trash.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
FU man. And Kopecky was trash.
What's the hate? Seemed a little KBS complexe with talking about changing views all the time.

But hey, as people been complaining about the Hawks PP and pointing out 2010-11 was 1 of 2 top 5 years they had. You know who was 7th in over 2 1/2 mins of PP time
Kopecky. Because he actually was good as a net front screener. He probably learned from practicing with Franzen and Holmstrom afterall. He was valuable as a 4th line guy. Sadly he got hurt so quickly in the playoffs that year after playing all year.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What's the hate? Seemed a little KBS complexe with talking about changing views all the time.

But hey, as people been complaining about the Hawks PP and pointing out 2010-11 was 1 of 2 top 5 years they had. You know who was 7th in over 2 1/2 mins of PP time
Kopecky. Because he actually was good as a net front screener. He probably learned from practicing with Franzen and Holmstrom afterall. He was valuable as a 4th line guy. Sadly he got hurt so quickly in the playoffs that year after playing all year.
No hate intended. It was tongue in cheek. If you're here to talk up Kopecky though? I'm here for it. That has and has always been my guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad