Predict where we finish

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My prediction may have been overly optimistic :(

I predicted they'd be a bubble team, finishing WC2. In fairness, I didn't know Devon Toews would be out for the year when I made the prediction!

I was spot on about my prediction about Ottawa, though.

Reactions: Eberzal

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I predicted 12 in the conference, I think that could end being true... while Barzal, Beau and Eberle have surprised, the top line sh!t the bed and Leddy became awful... this team needs a new coach, a top 4 dman and a #1 goalie to be true contenders

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I thought they wouid vie for the final WC spot. I suppose I didn’t think they’d vie for first overall either; but that’s parity for you.

I was spot on though in Dec. I started to see cracks and predicted a demise in the second half.

Barzal has exceeded expectations. The one bright spot; I was wrong about him. Thought he would be mediocre at best. Show some flashes, nothing sustained.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I predicted 12 in the conference, I think that could end being true... while Barzal, Beau and Eberle have surprised, the top line sh!t the bed and Leddy became awful... this team needs a new coach, a top 4 dman and a #1 goalie to be true contenders

This team also needs bottom 6 competitors. Zeeker is only one who will do anything and everything with his time on the ice, all the rest look like they could care less about winning a board battle or keeping control of puck. The forecheck consists of coasting into the zone, sweeping the stick near the puck possessor and retreat. Bottom 6 should be all about disruption, making opponents work hard in their zone and possibly draw a penalty or cause turnovers to lead to scoring chances (Lord knows we've seen a season worth of that).

Team has decent talent, top 6 is spectacular, the coaching is atrocious and management needs to be flushed to set a tone and make a few smart moves (in and out). Hoping whoever comes in as GM (queue the laughter) has been watching from afar and made some evaluations on current players and will get a coach who demands excellence from everyone on the bench.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Zero point zero.
slDxLTC.png

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This team also needs bottom 6 competitors. Zeeker is only one who will do anything and everything with his time on the ice, all the rest look like they could care less about winning a board battle or keeping control of puck. The forecheck consists of coasting into the zone, sweeping the stick near the puck possessor and retreat. Bottom 6 should be all about disruption, making opponents work hard in their zone and possibly draw a penalty or cause turnovers to lead to scoring chances (Lord knows we've seen a season worth of that).

Team has decent talent, top 6 is spectacular, the coaching is atrocious and management needs to be flushed to set a tone and make a few smart moves (in and out). Hoping whoever comes in as GM (queue the laughter) has been watching from afar and made some evaluations on current players and will get a coach who demands excellence from everyone on the bench.

Here is what I could call a plan

1. Hire Brian Trottier as team president, don't care if he doesn't do a damn thing, just give us that connection to the dynasty and let that man have that title as a go between the GM and owners
2. Fire Garth Snow and hire either Pat Verbeek or Tom Kurvers as GM, Tampa does a lot of things right, these guys are part of that
3. Fire Doug Weight and his cronies, hire Todd Richards (from Tampa) as coach, get Kevin Dineen as his associate coach and promote Seidenberg to defense coach, only 3 dudes on the bench, current set up looks like too many voices contradicting each other
4. Sign JT at whatever cost
5. Trade for Erik Karlsson... hopefully Pulock, Nelson and 2 firsts could get it done
6. Sign Erik Karlsson
7. Sign Thomas HIckey for 1 year, can't believe I am saying this.
8. Let Christopher Gibson be the #1 goalie, provided he does well in his audition, but I think he may be as good as what is on the market and he is cheaper.
9. Try to find any takes for Ladd or Clutterbuck, doubtful
10. Promote Casey Cizikas to alternate captain

We look like this

Lee/JT/JHS
Beau/Barzal/Eberle
Bellows/Fritz/Bailey
Ladd/Cizikas/Clutter

Leddy/Karlson
Pelech/Boychuk
Toews/Mayfield

Bench: Johnston, Quine, Hickey

Gibson/Greiss

With proper coaching, you have a solid team

Reactions: Axe Man

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I didn't even see Fritz as the 3c. Jeebus!

If we resign JT and add Karlsson and no one takes Ladd or Clutter off of our hands, then we have tight salary, not sure we can add to much.. Fritz has upside, he isn't that bad, not going to laud him, but he is seeming like he belongs in the NHL

Gibson was contingent on how he did in the final games this year, Rantaa may be too much money and other team's backups will be as good as Gibson, I doubt Halak signs here

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Hey, Chicago won the Cup with Niemi as their starter. So you never know. :sarcasm:

I feel if the Isles have Barzal, JT and Karlsson in my scenario, you just need a mediocre goalie, we would be having new coaches as well. Gibson would get his audition now, and if he can be a .910 goalie, and Isles average 25-28 shots against, Isles would be a 100 point team, if he is an .895 goalie or Isles allow 30 shots plus, then those numbers change, hoping that new coaches could right the ship

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I was with you word for word and then I saw #4 and I was like and I'm out. What have you seen in the last two months that would warrant you saying this, this is a preposterous.

It is the body of work that we have from him, 2 months of sluggish play when the coach has lost the team, JT is a beast and will be a beast, Weight is an example of a coach that plays his favorites and treats his friends as friends... we sign JT and we retire his jersey in 2034

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad