Predict where we finish

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Now that we basically know what the roster is going to look like, where do you think we finish by the end of the regular season?

Edit: Can a mod add missing the playoffs to the poll? Thanks.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
3rd in the division. Washington is 4th. Pens/Rangers finish 1 and 2.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I am being optimistic that we stay healthy, JT has a beastly final season as an Islander, and we squeak in as the last wild card spot.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think the isles get in on a wildcard spot.
The pp last season was 27/28 worst in the league. Hard to believe the new coaching staff cannot improve on that.

Also, Barzal and JHS bring a badly needed level of speed and skill.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It's hard to imagine how they could be worse than last year. And let's remember the last 3 seasons it's taken an unusually high number of points to make the playoffs. That may come back down to normal this year

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
lol at this, no shot rangers finish ahead of us.

PIT
CBJ
NYI
WAS
NYR
NJ
PHI
CAR

I still think people are overrating Columbus badly. Take out that 16 game win streak and have them go 10-6 instead and they barely make the postseason last year. That defense imo is overrated too

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I still think people are overrating Columbus badly. Take out that 16 game win streak and have them go 10-6 instead and they barely make the postseason last year. That defense imo is overrated too

take out 6 wins from our team and we finish with a top 10 pick.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Torts is Torts. CBJ will either be a flaming disaster from either game 1 or 41.

Given the fact that Ho-Sang and Barzal have actually looked better than JT, I'd say anywhere from Metro 2 to WC1.

Weight finished 24-12-2. That says a lot. Now that he has his guys on, I really have confidence.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Out of the playoffs, it will be the defense that kills us, we don't have a solid stay at home guy, asking too many minutes out of Boychuk, asking Pelech to mature quicker, asking Mayfield to be in the 6 and fight...

Only assumptions you can make are that Pitt and Washington get in

I think Carolina will be this year's CBJ and CBJ will be a bottom feeder

NJ and Detroit will be worse than us.

Toronto may take a big step forward, Tampa may regain their form.

Ottawa is a scary team as well.

We finish 12th in conference

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Out of the playoffs, it will be the defense that kills us, we don't have a solid stay at home guy, asking too many minutes out of Boychuk, asking Pelech to mature quicker, asking Mayfield to be in the 6 and fight...

Only assumptions you can make are that Pitt and Washington get in

I think Carolina will be this year's CBJ and CBJ will be a bottom feeder

NJ and Detroit will be worse than us.

Toronto may take a big step forward, Tampa may regain their form.

Ottawa is a scary team as well.

We finish 12th in conference

Ottawa I think was a fluke, Negative goal differential. Tampa I think is back. Toronto may suffer a slight setback early on with all the young guys but I think they're good enough to get in again.

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore
Finally after years on the cap floor the Barclays advantage kicks in. Sharp goaltending, two young phenoms and a coach with fire. 112 points, they shock the world and win the cup. This is not a salary cap floor team anymore.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Ottawa I think was a fluke, Negative goal differential. Tampa I think is back. Toronto may suffer a slight setback early on with all the young guys but I think they're good enough to get in again.

Ottawa has a great coach, and play a crazy aggressive game, I think their weakness may be the aging of Anderson in net, but they are a team that picked up steam.

My predictions for the NHL this year

1. Matt Duchene is a deadline trade to the Rangers
2. Jack Capuano is hired midseason by Colorado
3. JT won't sign with the Isles during the season
4. CDH will be dealt to the San Jose Sharks at the deadline
5. Nikolai Kulemin will be deal to the St Louis Blues at the deadline
6. Toronto will pluck Zetterberg from Detroit at the deadline
7. Jamie Benn will win the MVP award this year
8. Pittsburgh will get knocked out in the first round this year
9. Edmonton beats Washington for the cup (well it is outlandish)
10. Players will take knees during US Anthem on opening night
11. Talks of the Isles moving to Seattle will pick up after the new year.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Coaching and goaltending, which are very important, will be better. I'll be optimistic that a few other things will break right (eg., JHS and Barzal helping the O, and maybe Ladd and/or Clutterbuck are better). Depth on D will keep everyone on their toes. So I'll say 3rd in the Metro, maybe even 2nd.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
After seeing Barzal and Ho Sang during preseason there has to be more call for optimism here -

I believe the team is more improved than last season's squad.

I also believe there is more of an identity to this team than last.

The new coaching staff and the new head coach.

And you have to go back to the kids here - I do believe that Barzal and Ho Sang have a very good chance to being impact players here and now.

With all these predictions - if you have Barzal starting the season playing the 2C and on the top PP unit - this kid is going to score 50 points.

Metro is still tough but the Rangers and Capitals got weaker

Voting for 3rd in the Metro

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
After seeing Barzal and Ho Sang during preseason there has to be more call for optimism here -

I believe the team is more improved than last season's squad.

I also believe there is more of an identity to this team than last.

The new coaching staff and the new head coach.

And you have to go back to the kids here - I do believe that Barzal and Ho Sang have a very good chance to being impact players here and now.

With all these predictions - if you have Barzal starting the season playing the 2C and on the top PP unit - this kid is going to score 50 points.

Metro is still tough but the Rangers and Capitals got weaker

Voting for 3rd in the Metro

The capitals fall off isn't getting nearly enough attention from anyone other than their own fans. That roster had about a 30% turnover. It's hard to believe they could be anywhere near as good as they were the last two seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad