GDT: Preddy @ Wild | "Grief Of A Predator" | 7.00 PM | FSN/KFAN 100.3

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
roon, if its everyones job and defenders fall in the catagory of everyone then the answer is true. parise was trying to create something and maybe the chemistry isnt there yet, but what if a pred stole the puck and made the exact same pass? the defender fumbled by allowing the breakaway. i wish backs played it better but he had to make a nano second choice. opps!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Lol at the wannabe Pierre Mcguire's trying to analyze this play down to which sock Backstrom put on this morning first and how thats why it's his fault. It was a team effort to let that goal in. Parise made an ill advised pass Spurgeon was too deep and Backstrom may have misplayed the puck. It was a bad luck hockey play for Minnesota. Almost the exact same thing happened last year for us against Nashville so you win some you lose some.

Absolutely spot on.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
roon, if its everyones job and defenders fall in the catagory of everyone then the answer is true. parise was trying to create something and maybe the chemistry isnt there yet, but what if a pred stole the puck and made the exact same pass? the defender fumbled by allowing the breakaway. i wish backs played it better but he had to make a nano second choice. opps!

Spurgeon was involved in the play in the offensive zone, not moving backwards anticipating a breakout. That's why the pass was so ill-advised. When Erat tipped the pass, he was already skating up ice. Spurgeon had to stop, turn around, and then accelerate.

If it was say Weber instead of Parise making that breakout pass to Erat, Spurgeon definitely should have been backing off into the neutral zone. If he would have stepped up then yes that play would have been 100% on Spurgeon.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Well up to a point it does. If you're constantly spouting negatives (not to name names here) people won't really care what you have to say.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'd like to think i give credit when its due. i like to point out mistakes or players that dont earn their pay. if all you want is suzy sunshine, our team is great posts then dont read mine. cheers.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
but if you are swinging more one way or the other then as mentioned why even mention it?

it's aggrivating as all hell when the team is on an upswing and the usual people post saying good win and what could be improved on, but then when there is ONE loss, everyone who had said nothing for the longest time comes out and starts busting the chops of the players.

yeah the pass, the play, and positioning of the guys were all off and lead to that goal. I think we can all agree on that. Athletes mess up from time to time, it happens, and yeah we can be frustrated with it and call it out, but **** move on from it. I could understand if this was the 60th game of the season and being this upset, but it is the 3rd after no practice or real training camp. It's like a majority of people were spoiled with two wins and thought this team would go 48-0.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
Well geez...

Lol at the wannabe Pierre Mcguire's trying to analyze this play down to which sock Backstrom put on this morning first and how thats why it's his fault. It was a team effort to let that goal in. Parise made an ill advised pass Spurgeon was too deep and Backstrom may have misplayed the puck. It was a bad luck hockey play for Minnesota. Almost the exact same thing happened last year for us against Nashville so you win some you lose some.

There clearly is nothing to discuss. Get rid of the message board. In fact, delete the topic because why discuss it. Sh%t happens. Good or bad. World's problems...SOLVED! :sarcasm:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's hard to analyze much now. We'll see after 10 games.

Before that it's nothing but some random likes/dislikes/pros/cons for me. Until these issues turn into trends..

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
Really?

but if you are swinging more one way or the other then as mentioned why even mention it?

it's aggrivating as all hell when the team is on an upswing and the usual people post saying good win and what could be improved on, but then when there is ONE loss, everyone who had said nothing for the longest time comes out and starts busting the chops of the players.

yeah the pass, the play, and positioning of the guys were all off and lead to that goal. I think we can all agree on that. Athletes mess up from time to time, it happens, and yeah we can be frustrated with it and call it out, but **** move on from it. I could understand if this was the 60th game of the season and being this upset, but it is the 3rd after no practice or real training camp. It's like a majority of people were spoiled with two wins and thought this team would go 48-0.

No panic here at all. My expectations for this team are still pretty low. Yet I think if we look at how the season has gone there are some trends that do not bode well for the team. Scoring is one; from 4 to 2 and now to 1 goal. Its just a 3-game picture to be sure, but we could've taken this snap shot last season if we wanted to so it tells us that our scoring issues may not be completely behind us just yet. There is a lot more season left, but we'll be moving through it pretty quickly so the team doesn't have nearly as much time to figure out what is working and what is not. But that's true for all of the league's teams. I get it.

However, if pointing out facts that may not portray the team in an ideal like is bad then what sort of discussion do you have if everyone will only dwell on the positive things. Its checks and balances. Its all about moderation.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
I appologize if this has been brought up a thousand times already, but IMHO this team doesn't win consistently without finding at least 2 more NHL quality Defensman....T.G was aweful again last night......Spurgie.. God bless him is too small.....This group will totally collapse IF we do make the PO's...I get that "It's early" and i'm certainly not in panic mode, but for the most part, at least as far as i'm concerned, these Dfenseman we have Minus Suter are a shade above what's down in Houston. I would have to think The Brass must see this......Correct?

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
It's hard to analyze much now. We'll see after 10 games.

Before that it's nothing but some random likes/dislikes/pros/cons for me. Until these issues turn into trends..

The only issue with that 10 games is almost 21% of the season this year. It may be a little late to figure out what your problems are by that time. Teams like Philly and Detroit who have lost as many games as they have, have dug themselves a pretty nice little hole already. Its a lot easier to fall, than it is to climb in the standings. It's just like grades in school.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I can see both sides of that.

On the one hand yes you want to win now and get out ahead and almost all the time if you're winning early you make the playoffs.

BUT, I don't want to see this team make any dumb moves that might cost them long-term. Like Leddy-Barker.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
The only issue with that 10 games is almost 21% of the season this year. It may be a little late to figure out what your problems are by that time. Teams like Philly and Detroit who have lost as many games as they have, have dug themselves a pretty nice little hole already. Its a lot easier to fall, than it is to climb in the standings. It's just like grades in school.

True. You can't just go blindly ahead.. Somehing like three losses in a row is a huge thing right now.

But things like how Granlund is going to play this season? Will Suter find his game? Can Spurgeon play in this level? Brodin, Scandella? Harding or Backs or both? Is it only because of slow start and unfamiliar system? Will the time fix it? Where's Cullen's spot or is it nowhere? We need bigger sample size. Let's just hope that Wild win enough games during this process.

Of course in-house adjustments and observations must be done constantly. Yeo must find the best possible line combos and game system, sooner the better.

More like, after ten games you have to have answers if things are going south.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
bottom line we cant let one bad play, one bad call, one unlucky bounce ruin a chance to gain points & win games. we need to generate more than one goal of offense if we plan on being successful. next up wings & blues i think, we'll see whose whistlin dixie after those results. cheers. GO WILD!

Monaakko

Oct 8, 2011
Finland
Not having seen the game, I can't really say anything about the performance, but I'm not that worried yet. Better teams have done worse. The general feeling i get from this thread is that we didn't play horribly, obviously you can always play better if you lose, but one loss does not constitute a trend. And for those worried about our scoring, sure it could, and should be better, but we've outshot the opponent in every game and had 30+ SOG, something that was very rare last season. From what I saw in the first two games it seems more like an adjustment issue. All in all, I'm not worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad