GDT: Preddy @ Wild | "Grief Of A Predator" | 7.00 PM | FSN/KFAN 100.3

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Granlund needs to stop getting thrown out :biglaugh:

Granlund is cheating BIG TIME because he has a top 30 faceoff guy on his wing. It's part of the strategy. Granlund gets two chances to cheat and win the draw and if he can't, then Cullen who's a 55% guy gets in the circle. Same thing Koivu does except with a better backup plan...

I still think Backs **** the bed last night and there's just no getting around it. He made two decisions; coming out to play the puck was a good one, but trying to clear through Erat's legs (if that's what he was going for...?) was a cringeworthy one.

He wasn't, he was trying to swat the puck to the boards. That still wasn't an easy play for Erat either, there was a lot of luck going his way.

Look at the first few seconds of your clip. Please explain what Spurgeon was doing. He's way deep heading at an angle towards the net, totally abandoning the point. WTF is that?

Spurgeon was probably driving towards the net thinking Parise was going to feed the puck through the slot. This happens ALL the time. If the puck squeaks through or a Nashville defender tips it, that's a high percentage scoring chance for Spurge.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'm still pissed about this loss. I was hoping to at least get it to OT and collect a point.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Pretty terrible game offensively. At some point they are going to try and penetrate the interior. Who cares if they take shots from the boards all game? Gotta get some quality shots at some point.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Pretty terrible game offensively. At some point they are going to try and penetrate the interior. Who cares if they take shots from the boards all game? Gotta get some quality shots at some point.

remember in the Lemaire days when we'd just let other teams shell us from the perimeter all night, when we'd rather give them five low percentage shots than one tight chance? We're the ones being boxed out now. feelsbadman.jpg

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Indeed. Can we start doing the PGT then just switch the title to GDT when the day comes like other boards? I like talking about upcoming games in advance :)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Indeed. Can we start doing the PGT then just switch the title to GDT when the day comes like other boards? I like talking about upcoming games in advance :)

PGT is just fine. Changing it to GDT when the time comes isn't.

Certain members (well, most of us) put quite a lot of effort into our GDTs, and especially the opening posts. Avder last year was a prime example of this. It's not fair towards them to change a working system.

Billy Mays Here*

Putting Butch on the second line and moving Cullen down to the third line is what I've been saying from day one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad