GDT: Preddy @ Wild | "Grief Of A Predator" | 7.00 PM | FSN/KFAN 100.3

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Bonus points to Granlund for his faceoff skills. Also when he and Parise played together for a moment, I think it was during a 4vs4, Granlund immediately looked more comfortable. Maybe it's just Parise.

It's just Parise, and just Granlund too. Theyre two players on the team will benefit each others hockey IQ, I honestly think they should be playing together. As Granlunds game seems outside as he is defensively responsible - actually means he feels being out of place, until he got someone on his wing like Parise, that's exactly how he likes to play; give him mediocre linemates he will play safe even defend, give him highly skilled linemates he feels comfortable enough to create plays and attack.

Last edited:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I think he's been solid defensively and has been more comfortable in the next game played. He'll find his way to be creative as the season goes along. Lots of good things in his game but needs to be more sound on the offensive zone.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Why are people blaming Backstrom for trying to clean up after Parise's HORRIBLE pass? Parise just no looked a pass back to his blueline and it really was not even close to being on the mark. Blame Backstrom if you want....but that one is on Parise.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Why are people blaming Backstrom for trying to clean up after Parise's HORRIBLE pass? Parise just no looked a pass back to his blueline and it really was not even close to being on the mark. Blame Backstrom if you want....but that one is on Parise.

Why? Because he failed miserably, that's the rule; if you fail as a goalie that will be noticed. We have saying in finland "paska valuu aina alaspäin" means, **** flows always downwards

Last edited:

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy

Bad pass by Parise, yes... But Bäcks uses almost a lightyear to get out of net to clear that mofo puck...

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Why? Because he failed miserably, that's the rule; if you fail as a goalie that will be noticed. We have saying in finland "paska valuu aina alaspäin" means, **** flows always downwards

Parise put Backstrom in that position. You either play the puck or let Erat get the breakaway...both options have a high probability of us getting scored on. He took a gamble and lost. Parise ****ed it up though and deserves the blame.

Bad pass by Parise, yes... But Bäcks uses almost a lightyear to get out of net to clear that mofo puck...

Parise ****ed up.....why is everyone so hesitant to blame the golden boy for a bad play?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Parise's pass was bad, yes. But Bäcks could have played it much, much better.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i dont blame backs, that was a split second decision after teamates fumbled. im having flashback nightmares of the 30th ranked goal scoring team (even though its still preseason). parise , heatley clutterbuck & granlund worked hard and get an A for effort. wheres cullen? seto? pmb? brodz? they need to step up. just my one cent. ps if we can only muster one goal against middleweight teams like dallas & the preds what happens when the heavyweights come to town?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
third game of a shortened season and the sky is already falling. new world record

My thoughts exactly. While that is only the 2nd game they've lost while I have been in the seats, it was actually the most entertaining. The people around me were AMAZING :biglaugh: even the little kid behind us was in on the action. I loved it. Game while, you aren't going to win them all. Horrible pass by Parise, shotty defense to pick it up, and backstrom made his best impersonation of Patrick Roy out there. Should have stayed in net, regardless if it was going to attempt to stop a breakaway. He had help right on Erat's ass.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Yup. I blame Backs...MAYBE 20% on that one. 80% Parise. That was dreadful. No need to beat up either player. I like the odds of Backs playing the puck away vs the breakaway.

third game of a shortened season and the sky is already falling. new world record

The sky is falling? Really? Where are all the trade/waive/fire XXXX threads?

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Parise's pass was bad, yes. But Bäcks could have played it much, much better.

He tried to shoot it to the bench. That's pretty much what he should have done also. And he did shoot it. Tough break for him but Erat is a clever player and he read very well what Backs was going to do and somehow got to break the clearing attempt.

An unfortunate pass lead to an unfortunate situation where your goalie had to make a decision out of two bad choices. Whether the decision was right or wrong in general we wouldn't know because of the small sample size.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Yup. I blame Backs...MAYBE 20% on that one. 80% Parise. That was dreadful. No need to beat up either player. I like the odds of Backs playing the puck away vs the breakaway.

Well the idea behind the pass was okey, I imagine Gilbert (?) was going to one-time it and Parise was already going for the net, but perhaps Parise's hands moved faster then his eyes and he didn't spot Erat picking. Small things like these seem to always decide games and sometimes the metaphorical bounce goes against you, sometimes it goes for you. Backström did the right thing, but we all know how badly he handles the puck and works on breakaways. I was surprised he stopped Bourque earlier in the game.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i dont blame parise, someone should have been covering the point OR at the very least NOT allowed the pred to breakaway. ps ninja if you were taking a shot at me you'll have to do better than "the sky is falling".

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I blame Backstrom...not really.

To me it just reinforces the fact I will be happy when he's gone. He's spent a lot of time flopping around his crease and the fact he got burnt handling the puck. Another reason to think to the future of Harding and Hackett.

However, I would say I can't toss a lot of blame on Parise. Bad decision, sure but he's working his tail off every shift. Mistakes like that will happen.

What really has hurt the Wild is the inability of almost anyone on the 2nd and 3rd lines to add any offense. 2 goals from those lines, TOTAL! Its just not going to get it done. Which I have little doubt it has been stated here on this thread already.

Heatley has been very impressive; as has Parise. Koivu...meh he looks and plays like a 2nd line center who is making 1st center money. (shrugs)

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Someone should have been covering the point? Wow. I've heard them all now.

Parise passes the puck to the point without looking to see if there's a defender. There is. He basically makes a breakout pass to Erat who tips it past Spurgeon for a breakaway.

I also see the puck bouncing a bit towards the end there. If the puck flew flat, Backs would have had an extra half second. The more I'm watching, the less it looks like Backs' fault.

But what the hell do I know.

The All Tomato

Yeo, Yeo, Yeeeoooo
Jul 7, 2012
Minnesota

As soon as I saw Backstrom coming out to play the puck I thought of this play, but obviously this went against us, rather than for. His lackluster puck playing ability, along with the game going the way it was, I didn't think it would end well.

That being said, I thought we played well enough to win. We pretty much dominated the first fifteen minutes, but only scored one goal. Add in the fact that the Preds scored a goal towards the end of the first, and momentum shifts to about even, if not a little bit more in their favor. Hopefully Backs, or the team, don't get to down on themselves, because I thought it was a pretty good performance, with a little bit of puck luck going to the Preds.

I will say that I want Cullen off of the second line just as much as the next guy, but we really have nowhere to put him. I think all of the other line combos have good things going for them, and you can see them gaining a little bit of chemistry, so hopefully the second line starts to do the same.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Tough loss. They started the game so well. Still not too impressed with the 5 on 5 play. With our line up we should be able to score more. Hopefully that will come with time. I'm tired of seeing the Wild near the bottom in goals for. I haven't been too impressed with Koivu. He needs to get stronger a long the boards and win those puck battles. Right now he seems like the week link on the 1st line. And I know he's not real fast, but he almost seems slower. He needs to keep moving his legs. When we drafted Granlund people were saying skating is his weakness. But Granlund looks like Gaborik compared to Koivu

P10p

May 15, 2012
Lol at the wannabe Pierre Mcguire's trying to analyze this play down to which sock Backstrom put on this morning first and how thats why it's his fault. It was a team effort to let that goal in. Parise made an ill advised pass Spurgeon was too deep and Backstrom may have misplayed the puck. It was a bad luck hockey play for Minnesota. Almost the exact same thing happened last year for us against Nashville so you win some you lose some.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
It was a combination of a lot of things...first, I believe it was during a 4 on 4 and it started with Parise scrambling behind the net. Spurgeon was moving to a weird position...maybe breaking towards the net for a pass? Either way I think there was some definite miscommunication between the two of them (obviously). Parise's pass was extremely ill-advised...and way too hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad