Pre-Game Talk: Predators vs Jets - Tue Feb 27 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
PS unless he's injured does anyone still think Armia is a top 6 talent? Sure as hell wouldn't be with the Jets though~
Nope. Now we finally saw his true value while he was playing with Hendricks and Petan. He never really had that talent.

Sure as hell ? Don't think so. It's hard to say until he's given a chance with those guys.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
So stoked for this game. Both teams made acquisitions, two of the best from the West, should be a great game.

Reactions: sipowicz

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From what I read, Stastny won't be playing against the Preds tomorrow night, so we'll have to win without him. Maybe he can somehow get here fast enough, but I doubt they'd want to play him before bringing him up to speed on the playbook etc.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hes arriving tonight and will be at practice tomorrow morning

Oh-that's good, and maybe I had an inaccurate article I read. Maybe he will play-- be great to see what our new aquisition can do. Thanks for pointing that out. I really hope the Jet's smoke their asses-- they have the ugliest colored uniforms in the NHL.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
From what I read, Stastny won't be playing against the Preds tomorrow night, so we'll have to win without him. Maybe he can somehow get here fast enough, but I doubt they'd want to play him before bringing him up to speed on the playbook etc.

I’m sure he will be playing, Jets sent Petan back to the Moose!

Reactions: GNP

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Looking at the Preds remaining schedule, they have a lot of trash opposition. It’s very unlikely that we’ll lassoo them for first place unless we bop them all three times and tear apart superior opponents.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'd like to see
MP Scheif Laine
Connor Stastny Wheeler
Ehlers Little Roslo
Hendricks Copp Armia

Why would you still want Hendricks in the lineup? Seriously?

PS Personally I think Hendricks has been really bad the last 7-8 games, cant win a FO, terrible on the PK, all but useless 5v5... He's 37 and it shows!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Not sure Dano or anyone else available is any better. He sits once Lowry is back and we start icing the strongest forward group in the league.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Looking at the Preds remaining schedule, they have a lot of trash opposition. It’s very unlikely that we’ll lassoo them for first place unless we bop them all three times and tear apart superior opponents.

Fun fact about the Preds. They tend to lose to the trash teams

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Love to hear a “Thank you Paul” & “Thank you Chevy” chants at the game.

IE: Thank you Paul for waiving and thank you chevy for making this big move.

Reactions: Tommigun

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Not sure Dano or anyone else available is any better. He sits once Lowry is back and we start icing the strongest forward group in the league.

I'd like to see -- Tanev, Copp, Armia -- that Tanev can really fly and he hustles hard, and his work ethic inspires the team. I like players like him, and he can steal possession of the puck-same as Armia -- I think Tanev has lot's of upside. Sort of reminds me of Butch Goring-but without Butch's scoring touch.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Interesting to see if Copp would play center with Hendricks on the wing; or visa versa?

Tanev is good to go, I'd put him in and pull Hendricks myself.

But if they're keeping everything the same I'd suspect they'd put Copp on the wing since that's where he mostly played this year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd like to see -- Tanev, Copp, Armia -- that Tanev can really fly and he hustles hard, and his work ethic inspires the team. I like players like him, and he can steal possession of the puck-same as Armia -- I think Tanev has lot's of upside. Sort of reminds me of Butch Goring-but without Butch's scoring touch.
You're sitting Armia for Tanev?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You're sitting Armia for Tanev?

I agree. Tanev barely made the opening day roster (see below) & only did due to the injury to Hendricks.

Perreault Sheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Matthias Lowry Armia
Dano Copp Tanev

Since this point in time Connor & Roslovic eared there way onto the roster & now Stastny has arrived. Although they aren't paying together, that's essentially a whole line added since game 1. That certainly has to place Tanev as the 13th forward, at best.

Let's not takeaway what Tanev has done thus far. He's certainly played a meaningful role up to now & has had a good year. I suspect he'll still get in some games platooning with Copp, but I can't see both in the same line up going forward unless injuries force the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad