GDT: Predators at Calgary- Flaming Kittens - 7 PM SN360, FS-TN

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I honestly don't think this was a bad game from the Flames. The goals against were not systemic IMO. It's a frustrating game to watch, but encouraging in the grand scheme of things IMO. Nashville has lost one game all year, and nearly lost their second tonight.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You're right, although the Bruins got completely outplayed for the first period in that game. We haven't been outplayed during any stretch of this game that I can remember.
Did they though? They were buzzing in the first five minutes with a lot of high quality chances. Then we scored and got two quite fortunate goals before the Bruins got a goal taken away for offside.

FWIW, I think we deserved to lose this game. The third period was good. Everything else... not so much imo

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Smith needs to better. This wasn't entirely on him but he didn't exactly help. Rittich needs more starts.

If Rittich gets another good game I would like to see the job be his to lose. Might just be a reactionary opinion after a frustrating loss, but someone's gotta put the clamp on Smith here sooner or later.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
BTW we can beat teams like Nashville. They are nothing special. We need to believe ourselves more! We are very close to be the best in the league.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Smith needs to better. This wasn't entirely on him but he didn't exactly help. Rittich needs more starts.

I feel like at least a 1/3 of the goals against on Smith are because he plays so incredibly deep in his net. Even when he plays out he is still barely on the edge of the crease. If he would play out more he cuts the angle down and a ton of goals don't go in.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
If Rittich gets another good game I would like to see the job be his to lose. Might just be a reactionary opinion after a frustrating loss, but someone's gotta put the clamp on Smith here sooner or later.
2nd and 4th could have been prevented

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Tonight has all the ingredients for a Flames loss. So I put $1000 down for a 4-3 Flames Victory!

gob_bluth_huge_mistake.jpg

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Close game. Just a couple bounces here or there. Plenty of chances for the Flames just didn't go their way tonight, I guess. Bounce back for next game.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Man I'm starting to get tired of Smith's shit. He's played mostly awful since that injury besides a good game or two sprinkled in. He's gonna single handedly drag this team out of the playoffs if he can't get it together.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, Smith isn't at fault necessarily, but we know he can do a lot better. Like, the Fiala goal is still a high-danger chance no matter what, but when he's on his game, he makes those saves. His form sliding across there gave him a minimal chance of making the save.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Refs are a factor in nearly every game. My patience is running thin for this. Win or lose it's a frustrating league. Reffing like tonight just makes the league feel amateur.

Are there rules? Are there no rules?

Who knows. Stop complaining or whatever.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Played the best team in the league really well (arguably).
Two cross goalie leg wide shots are a big difference; in another world, we score on one of those.

Hate that officiating late in game, that was brutal. Not sure when the game is in balance like that, how you miss that many calls. Yeah, you don't call a little interference that means nothing to the play, but two trips and two high sticks that late, woof.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man I'm starting to get tired of Smith's ****. He's played mostly awful since that injury besides a good game or two sprinkled in. He's gonna single handedly drag this team out of the playoffs if he can't get it together.
I don't think it's exactly "single handed" when every single goal tonight also involved a huge, "you can't do that!" error from a skater (or an entire line) on the ice.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
2nd and 4th could have been prevented

3rd was also a rebound he needed to cover up and kill.

I don't think it's exactly "single handed" when every single goal tonight also involved a huge, "you can't do that!" error from a skater (or an entire line) on the ice.

There is almost no goal scored in the league without a mistake somewhere, other than those killer softies. You still expect NHL goaltenders to goaltend at an NHL level

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Every goal is a result of an error. He's an NHL goalie, and he's leaking almost every high danger chance these days. Rebound control also doesn't look great. Seriously, if he can't do better than an 880 consistently, I'd rather just give the starting job to Rittich and let him sink or swim.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Thoughts:
Bennett is quickly becoming a star on this team. Having him develop like this, at this time, is like found money and a lot of it. He was the most impressive Calgary forward tonight.

Other thoughts:
Has Monahan ever won a board battle?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Sure but everytime you made a mistake, it's in the net....You would expect your goalie to make a big save some time. There is no question who has a better goalie tonight

Reactions: Cyrano

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At least we don't look down and out every time the other team scores. Peters keeps this team skating.

The Preds were opportunistic and won. The Flames needs to keep their wits about them and stop making such lazy plays immediately after they score - looking at you Neal, Hanifin, Brodie tonight

Reactions: joescores

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad