Injury Report: Pre-season injuries (that may impact season start)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not a good comparison. Braun is turning out into a great defensive-dman who can move/pass the puck. A #4 guy. Burns was slated to be a #1 premier d-man.

Frankly, Braun is getting overrated. Perhaps it is because he is shining compared to Demers, Irwin, and Petrecki, but is he that much better than the heights Demers reached in 2010?

I think Braun is a definite #3 guy right now, and it's pretty clear he doesn't need to play with Vlasic to be good. Demers hadn't really shown that he could play without Vlasic then.

Anyways at that point, we had Vlasic and Boyle as a for sure good defenseman. Then we had Demers who had yet to come around to what he could be, Irwin who was a rookie, Murray who sucked, Stuart has been on the decline, and Braun who was probably a #4-5 guy at the time. The fact that we lost Burns as a defenseman was a scary thought at the time but since the emergence of Braun, the loss of Burns hasn't been an issue on defense.

Really, it's a question of Burns being a monster on defense or at forward. He totally changes the complexion of the team either way and right now, I'd rather he do it up front. Considering what he's shown us as a forward, I think we might be better off. If we need him on defense, I'm sure he will be willing to make the change again but he is literally a gamebreaker on Thornton's wing right now.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Do we have any update on Torres. Is he lost for this season or do we expect him back sometime this year?

Pretty sure DW said they are targeting a return right after the Olympic break.

He's skating now, but Wilson said something to the effect of they're not going to rush it, and they will use the time off to give him plenty of time to get back to full strength.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Pretty sure DW said they are targeting a return right after the Olympic break.

He's skating now, but Wilson said something to the effect of they're not going to rush it, and they will use the time off to give him plenty of time to get back to full strength.

So where does he get slotted in the line-up? Licking my chops to get him back.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
3rd line with Havlat and Pavelski.

Kennedy with Sheppard and Desi.

My guess.

They might start Torres on the 4th line just to get him into game-shape. Then they'll probably alternate Torres, Kennedy, and Wingles amongst the three lines.
I do like the potential Torres - Pavelski - Havlat line.

Teamplaya

Aug 9, 2013
Pasadena, CA
Anybody have an idea as to how Adam Burish is doing? I mean, he isn't exactly essential to our roster but he went from having a broken hand to back problems to here, I'm curious as to whats been holding him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad