Speculation: Pre-camp lines

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Admittedly a very mundane conversation.

Yes Bailey has exclusively played RW since Okposo’s departure, but before that he played exclusively on the left wing side during his career.

I do remember Kuhnackl playing more than just a handful of games on the right side and yes it depended on who he was replacing in the lineup that determined where he lined up. I also believe the lineup cards during the playoffs had him listed on the RW, but maybe they lined up differently on the ice - I cannot remember.

I think Ho-Sang needs to show up to camp ready to open some eyes, but I do feel he might be a long shot to make this roster. You had a wonderful post earlier today about camp and how it has changed - essentially not about winning jobs.

The acquisition of Brassard does fill in the 3C, but it does not replace everything Filppula did, like kill penalties. Brassard will most likely be featured on the PP, filling a potential spot and role that could have gone to Ho-Sang. I doubt Brassard will kill penalties, forcing Kuhnackl in the line up every night unless Trotz widens his circle of trust on the PK.

If Brassard goes to the top unit on the Power Play, it does open up the option to put Bailey on the PK. He's played there earlier in his career and the PK actually had pretty good numbers (obviously cannot be attributed to one player).

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If Brassard goes to the top unit on the Power Play, it does open up the option to put Bailey on the PK. He's played there earlier in his career and the PK actually had pretty good numbers (obviously cannot be attributed to one player).

Agreed - I feel like Nelson will replace Filppula’s spot in the pecking order, opening up a spot for Bailey (or maybe Martin), but if Clutterbuck is out to start the season - Kuhnackl would fill in there.

PP-

1st unit -
Barzal, Lee, Toews, Eberle, and Brassard

2nd unit -
Bailey, Nelson, Pulock, Leddy, and Beauvillier or Clutterbuck or Ho-Sang

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Personally I would like to see a Beauvillier-Nelson-Ho Sang line. All 3 guys at least in limited appearances together seem to click well(albeit mostly pre season stuff). This assumes Brassard though is capable enough to pick up his game to how he was a season or 2 ago so he could play with Bailey and somebody else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad