PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
He's had some issues about being fraudulent before. I figured it was only a matter of time.

I had that suspicious before but then i thought he wasn't. I mean .. he was there for a while and had tons of credits .... I always seen him as the "rich kid"

Hmm, looks like WasUpNerd got blocked. Wonder if it's temporary or permanent...

I may end up making the playoffs in I.1 on accident!

Humm.. is that a bad thing? you can still keep with your plan. With your plan it would not be likely you would finish top 4 in D2 so you will earn more money staying than relegating anyways.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I had that suspicious before but then i thought he wasn't. I mean .. he was there for a while and had tons of credits .... I always seen him as the "rich kid"

For starters he lied several times about where he was living in order to play in the USA despite living in the Czech. He could very well be back, I don't know. I have no way of knowing. All I was saying was, he had his quirks and habits.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
basketball introduced something in the player prize i loved!!!!!
forcing players to play minimum amount of games or score a minimum number of points.

so .. let me say again i LOVED it.

now that i was clear, let me say what i dont like about it.
what if a very great player gets injured for 10-15 days? he is gone.

just giving an example in my team. i got a player injured for 14 days. with that he can no longer make the minimun required matches. All it is left behind is the 700 points.

now, he can play a maximum of 30 matches. so to make 700 points he would have to have an average of 23.3 points/game

currently, the best 5 in the league are: 22.2 | 21.7 | 19.8 | 19.5 | 17.8
in short, just to make the list he would have to be better than the current first. and he would have had a much better season than the 5th placed player

to fix that, perhaps instead of a fixed amount of matches do it as a minimum percentage of available matches as a health player or at least reduce the minimum amount of points needed based on a percentage as well.

i think a player can be injured up to 28 days. that would be more than 50% of the season.

asides from the injury consideration, i really think it is a great thing they implemented.

Other thing it would be nice to add was the "+/-" category as prize money as it incorporates all statistics not just scoring ones.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Humm.. is that a bad thing? you can still keep with your plan. With your plan it would not be likely you would finish top 4 in D2 so you will earn more money staying than relegating anyways.

Maybe for one season. But I'm sure finishing last in the league next season won't help my finances. I'd rather get the demotion over with. But if I do make the playoffs, I won't complain. Maybe I'll buy a player or two to help me steal a couple of wins for the OTR. Or not. I dunno, there are so many situations that could happen. Financially, I just want to make enough to finish my stadium. Gotta get them monies.

I'm rambling, and it's becoming more and more apparent to me that I have no idea what my plan really is. Blargh.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
For starters he lied several times about where he was living in order to play in the USA despite living in the Czech. He could very well be back, I don't know. I have no way of knowing. All I was saying was, he had his quirks and habits.

yeah .. but .. not that i am against or anything ... just that ...

I am brazilian living in USA. I am not american citzen, i am brazilian. what if i just wanted to play for Brazil instead of USA?

not suggesting he is american living in czech but if that was the case, is it wrong?

ADDED:
his punishment: Playing on multiple accounts. that was the suspicious i had before but then thought he would be "stupid" to spend too many credits and risk it with that. Second block for that same issue. I guess it will be hard for him to make a come back with his same name this time.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
now that i was clear, let me say what i dont like about it.
what if a very great player gets injured for 10-15 days? he is gone.

That was part of the plan, it adds importance to the medical center and physicians.

yeah .. but .. not that i am against or anything ... just that ...

I am brazilian living in USA. I am not american citzen, i am brazilian. what if i just wanted to play for Brazil instead of USA?

not suggesting he is american living in czech but if that was the case, is it wrong?

The difference is he is Czech living in Czech and lied to the GMs saying he was living in the USA and just visiting Czech.

In short, there is no harm in playing in your native country - you just need to ask a GM. The harm comes from lying, getting banned, then creating a new account and doing the same.

Not sure if everyone can see this link but...

This was his second offence of playing on multiple accounts.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Maybe for one season. But I'm sure finishing last in the league next season won't help my finances. I'd rather get the demotion over with. But if I do make the playoffs, I won't complain. Maybe I'll buy a player or two to help me steal a couple of wins for the OTR. Or not. I dunno, there are so many situations that could happen. Financially, I just want to make enough to finish my stadium. Gotta get them monies.

I'm rambling, and it's becoming more and more apparent to me that I have no idea what my plan really is. Blargh.

his team will still play and on Normal.
Salt Lake plans are unknown at this moment. Have not talked to him in a while, but i see him at least demoting.

With czech and Salt lake going down you would take the 8th spot unless you let Last Place McGees pass you. they are only 2 points behind you. you can manage for that to happen with some easy if you want to go down to D2.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
That was part of the plan, it adds importance to the medical center and physicians.

Makes sense and i thought about that too but in first season (or two) it can hurt pretty. Prize money isn't great but it is always nice to get award best scorer/passer of the league :)

and thanks for clarification on be allowing to play native country. I remember when i created the team I was unsure, for a few minutes, what country i was going to play for.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Speaking of medical centers, did you look into the rough odds at both number of injuries and their length at the later levels? I've left it at 10 with no staff at both hockey and soccer, but perhaps I should change that.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012

The difference is he is Czech living in Czech and lied to the GMs saying he was living in the USA and just visiting Czech.

In short, there is no harm in playing in your native country - you just need to ask a GM. The harm comes from lying, getting banned, then creating a new account and doing the same.

I always thought there was something different with that account. Just the whole way the NT thing in Handball was with him and who he was "friends with" in S1,S2. His team had peaked already this season and was on its spiral down. Way too many player movements , buy high, sell low.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Bulls4ever your from Brazil.... Never would have guessed. I thought you were from Estonia or near there with the way you frame your discussions on debating concepts and ideas. What I mean by that is you are very systematic and work down the list and I could always picture you delivering it very deadpan and making sure you hit every aspect of your thoughts.

So no insult intended.

On a side note... guess Darren Marrino moves up a slot on NT. :)

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa

Wait a minute, my stint in Canada is coming to an end. Will I get banned when my IP shifts from Canada to Portugal/other european countries forever?

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
idiroft. I sent an email to vlady letting him know I was moving countries for awhile. I am currently in Canada , I was told no problem. So PPM see's my USA and Canada IP's all the time as I use a proxy to catch my online usa tv and other usa items that I pay for online. They were fine with it.

Just fire off a message as people move all over, especially in Europe. No doubt most do not even send a message as I think it should be where you start from and no questions asked.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Speaking of medical centers, did you look into the rough odds at both number of injuries and their length at the later levels? I've left it at 10 with no staff at both hockey and soccer, but perhaps I should change that.

Nope. That's a hard experiment to do since it would either take a very long time to complete or a lot of teams to participate.

Wait a minute, my stint in Canada is coming to an end. Will I get banned when my IP shifts from Canada to Portugal/other european countries forever?

Nope. To be safe you can message a gamemaster to let them know you're moving. To be honest, so long as you're not logging onto a computer that is the same computer someone else uses for PPM, you should be fine.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Nope. That's a hard experiment to do since it would either take a very long time to complete or a lot of teams to participate.

Nope. To be safe you can message a gamemaster to let them know you're moving. To be honest, so long as you're not logging onto a computer that is the same computer someone else uses for PPM, you should be fine.

For the first one sounds like a great article :)

I have done that too. So I sent an email detailing it out as I have a friend who plays. When he was setting up his team I was logging in on my andriod so I fired off an email right away.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Bulls4ever your from Brazil.... Never would have guessed. I thought you were from Estonia or near there with the way you frame your discussions on debating concepts and ideas. What I mean by that is you are very systematic and work down the list and I could always picture you delivering it very deadpan and making sure you hit every aspect of your thoughts.

So no insult intended.

On a side note... guess Darren Marrino moves up a slot on NT. :)

I have no idea of how people from Estonia is and what you meant lol. so i guess i cant be insulted.

One thing i hate about having english as 2nd language is that i cannot express my thoughts without writing an essay.

In Portuguese, id just put some slangs in there and in a short sentence id have my thoughts delivered :)

As far as Darren Marrino .. no. he ls banned for a month for provoking Ronald Thomas causing WasUp to react and lose his team!!!!! One more provocation and he will be banned for a full season.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
That's never stopped you before ;)

Given you have lvl 15 with full max staff, how have your injuries been?

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014

he is too busy playing ghosts in basketball. he does not have that time anymore ;)

granted he got one full week of tranquility since i cant annoy him on ppm forum.

Hockey updates:
-------------------
as expected i was able to land the A+ i scouted with my 3rd selection. Now lets hope it was not just a dream and his starting OR is not laughable. With a bunch of 15-16yo with horrible ratio on my starting line, I will sure need it to play against ghosts of III.11

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan

Back when my dad played, I logged in at his house periodically and I think I even logged in on his computer once and nothing ever happened. I think they have some leeway built in so you don't have to report step-by-step what you're doing.

In other news, I didn't show up for the draft and trusted the auto draft in spite of the previous hiccups. It was a good choice, because I landed one of the 2 As I had scouted, and the only one still available at the 15th pick. I'll miss drafting against a league full of half-inactives.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada

Most I've had is a 2 day day-to-day injury and that's every second season or so. With 200 OR physicians and lvl 15 they are basically nonexistent. I suppose you could search a bunch of random teams, look at medical center, physicians, percentage of players hurt, average days hurt and see what you could find. The errors will be HIGH though.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I just realized I forgot to mention on here, but check out this guy I picked up later last season: Eugenios Mandrapilias. He is undertrained for his age, but he's 92-89-95-91 for his Qs as a center, and I only paid $578,813. I should be able to train him up and turn a decent profit down the road, especially given his rare nationality. :yo:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I just realized I forgot to mention on here, but check out this guy I picked up later last season: Eugenios Mandrapilias. He is undertrained for his age, but he's 92-89-95-91 for his Qs as a center, and I only paid $578,813. I should be able to train him up and turn a decent profit down the road, especially given his rare nationality. :yo:

It is tough to profit off low-OR high-age guys regardless of Qs. But having paid so little and given his Qs you likely can turn a tad of profit but I doubt it'd be anything extravagant.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
It is tough to profit off low-OR high-age guys regardless of Qs. But having paid so little and given his Qs you likely can turn a tad of profit but I doubt it'd be anything extravagant.

I'm not expecting to get $40 million or anything. Depending on how long I keep him though, I can see $10 as a distinct possibility.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Most I've had is a 2 day day-to-day injury and that's every second season or so. With 200 OR physicians and lvl 15 they are basically nonexistent. I suppose you could search a bunch of random teams, look at medical center, physicians, percentage of players hurt, average days hurt and see what you could find. The errors will be HIGH though.
Might do that over the weekend. I have some decent young players and getting a 10-15 day injury just feels like a waste.

Interestingly enough my hockey arena has been named the home arena for the Dutch national team. Not sure why, as outside of 20k capacity there's not a whole lot there in terms of amneties, but fun enough.

My hockey draft gave me an A+ goalie with the 13th pick, too bad he's 5/6.

My national cup match against a No Name just finished. Outshot them 63-1. Might've had 0 shots against if my 3rd line didn't have a 28 def rating (still have 24 guys at camp).

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Well, my nearly month long vacation didn't hurt my teams too terribly since I was able to check in on occasion from hotels. I was even able to bid on a few free agent goalies in soccer and make their owners pay through the nose to keep them, most recent being a 700 million bid on the Kenora Stingers' Gvidonas Jegelevičius.

My basketball team started terribly, going 0-4, but we should do alright this season since there are only a few other experienced managers in my league (III.6). I see that the player-generating RNG has hated on me once again with my best player having a 289 OR, and then a bunch of 270s and below. It seems like I'll have to follow the same road as my handball team, stalling at the II level while I build the arena since I haven't been gifted the players I need to push to I.1 and stay there.

I like a lot of the changes they've made in basketball, but I don't like the lack of being able set different tactics and ticket prices for friendlies and league games with a once-a-day log in without PRO. In the long run, that may grant enough of an advantage to PRO or more active teams that I end up 'backburnering' (:propeller) the sport similar to handball. Of course, if for once my Sports Academy decides to give me a senior National Team worthy player, I may get motivated enough to pay it more attention since he would be my first in any sport.

What do the other I.1 teams make?

This season in hockey I'll make 286.5 million from the 5* general, 246.6 million from the 1* media :)madfire: :(), and about 7 million per skybox. I'm not sure about ticket sales and sovernirs, but maybe another 250 million from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad