PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I know media could be about the same on D3 and more than general on D2 if maxed. but that alone would not make the 6M difference from my "expectations"

that lies on: 4 levels HR is worth much more than finishing 4th in D2 ?

our OTR were about the same. so if we forget about league position and Hr, would be the same amount of money.

there is 5-6 million missing.

so lets assume finishing 4th is worth something. so from my 11M offer we assume 4M is for league position. so the base is 7M

7M + 4th place = 11M
7M + 4 levels Hr = 17M

thus level 14 compared to level 10 worth 10 million while 4th place 4M???? that is about 2x more valuable than league position

btw, i am not complaining or anything. Good for him :) just trying to understand ...

Actually that was just between General and Media sponsors. VIP boxes aren't worth much so I didn't count them, but every penny is nice. They easily will push me to $30-31 million/week. If you had Pro in hockey I'd offer to let you be an account sitter so you could see.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Actually that was just between General and Media sponsors. VIP boxes aren't worth much so I didn't count them, but every penny is nice. They easily will push me to $30-31 million/week. If you had Pro in hockey I'd offer to let you be an account sitter so you could see.

I believe you. just trying to understand the logic so i do it right on Basketball or Handball :)

And yes, i had 2 100 market there. Not anymore as i sold/dropped my expensive staff.

If that is the case then it is still not worth promoting not until one can be a top 4 in the higher league right at the beginning.

to me it defeats the purpose of competition and sounds more like sim building.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
3/2 for the season so far in basketball.

Had my first away win today too.
The team I played had gone V.High in every game, and today was no exception.

I stuck to my guns though and played low for the entire game and won by 12 in the end.

Think I'm grasping the tactics a lot quicker in this sport.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
At first I thought my plan for basketball would work great. Now I am starting to question it.

I will go for another couple of matches than review it again. I already have a similar plan B that could still work well.

The good part is that I started 4-1

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
3/2 for the season so far in basketball.

Had my first away win today too.
The team I played had gone V.High in every game, and today was no exception.

I stuck to my guns though and played low for the entire game and won by 12 in the end.

Think I'm grasping the tactics a lot quicker in this sport.

i doubt VH helps much, if any at all, at this stage.

I am playing VH for other reasons but certainly to to win at any cost.

after my experiment is done i will be decreasing it to low/normal very likely

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
At first I thought my plan for basketball would work great. Now I am starting to question it.

I will go for another couple of matches than review it again. I already have a similar plan B that could still work well.

The good part is that I started 4-1

What was your plan again?

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
There's a player I'm eyeing on the basketball market right now. My question to those of you who started handball in the beginning is this: how much of a gamble is it, really? His Qs look decent now. How bad can they go if I purchase him?

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
There's a player I'm eyeing on the basketball market right now. My question to those of you who started handball in the beginning is this: how much of a gamble is it, really? His Qs look decent now. How bad can they go if I purchase him?

very unpredictable. player can even be much better than market says but chances are they are worse than what you see.

If i were you id not pay too much attention on qualities now.

My experience was 15-20% to either better or worse. usually worse

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013

I purchased my first players once my HR was level 5, I think. Both were showing amazing qualities. One of them turned out very good (bought for 4 mil, on the market now), the other was just good (bought for 3 mil, sold for almost 20 mil).

So scouting was semi-accurate. I'd be a little hesitant to buy now, though.

EDIT: What Bulls said is pretty accurate.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I purchased my first players once my HR was level 5, I think. Both were showing amazing qualities. One of them turned out very good (bought for 4 mil, on the market now), the other was just good (bought for 3 mil, sold for almost 20 mil).

So scouting was semi-accurate. I'd be a little hesitant to buy now, though.

EDIT: What Bulls said is pretty accurate.

I would not be hesitant to buy .. in fact i bought two players I don't regret even though i have no clue on their qualities.

id just not pay too much attention on the qualities. The thing that scares me away is if i see a 40 or less quality for important one. while they can be 60% they could also be 20%

Id look more to at least 50% to consider buying. the better it shows unscouted the more Im willing to pay ...

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
just pulled the 7th highest AQ in D1 :)

could be a beast PG if he does not get taller

his strting attributes suggest he may end up being a center or power forward. has very good unscouted qualities for a C too.

Now it comes the fun part: training!!!! how to predict how taller he is going to get????? only ppm god would know

Last edited:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
I would not be hesitant to buy .. in fact i bought two players I don't regret even though i have no clue on their qualities.

id just not pay too much attention on the qualities. The thing that scares me away is if i see a 40 or less quality for important one. while they can be 60% they could also be 20%

Id look more to at least 50% to consider buying. the better it shows unscouted the more Im willing to pay ...

Lemme rephrase that: I would be hesitant to buy expensive players right now. :D Anything over 2 mil.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Lemme rephrase that: I would be hesitant to buy expensive players right now. :D Anything over 2 mil.

how about 2.1M is that expensive?
http://basketball.powerplaymanager.com/en/player-profile.html?data=302727-jakob-behrens
OR 309, AQ 80% 21yo 5/6 I bet he will be 4/6 next season but at the current low level Training Facility not too big of deal. Team highest OR and AQ

http://basketball.powerplaymanager.com/en/player-profile.html?data=301157-ean-channing
OR 284, AQ 39% Important ones 45-55% 19yo 4/6 No potential there but will help my team this season as he is the best PG in the team. IMO, 300k overpaid for current values but 300k is "nothing" for the immediate importance he adds to the team.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014

Do you want to have an example of how bad it could be?

this is what shows for me
Jakob Behrens AVQ 80%
Daniel Barclay AVQ 71%

now ... go to league top players http://basketball.powerplaymanager.com/en/top.html?data=2-league-usa-i-1

it will show Daniel Barclay ahead of Jacob
Daniel 7th place
Jacob 22nd place

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for the info, guys. Unfortunately, experience didn't update as soon as I was hoping. I'd need to take a loan to get the guy (he was showing avg. 80 in all Qs and 5/6 CL) and he already went out. It's a shame, he would have been an immediate upgrade at PF.

For your height thing Bulls, the player I pulled in my tutorial SA pick has already grown 1 cm.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Early in new sport, when buying players on the market who you don't have scouted, if you have Pro pack (like usually first week when sport starts, now i'ts probably too late unless you buy it or you got 100 points in a game and used credits for it), to to Top - players - league, and in address bar replace your league with the league where the player plays, that way you can see if he is near the top in AvQ in that league

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Early in new sport, when buying players on the market who you don't have scouted, if you have Pro pack (like usually first week when sport starts, now i'ts probably too late unless you buy it or you got 100 points in a game and used credits for it), to to Top - players - league, and in address bar replace your league with the league where the player plays, that way you can see if he is near the top in AvQ in that league

Awesome idea! Way to think outside the box. I like it. :nod:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
just pulled the 7th highest AQ in D1 :)

could be a beast PG if he does not get taller

his strting attributes suggest he may end up being a center or power forward. has very good unscouted qualities for a C too.

Now it comes the fun part: training!!!! how to predict how taller he is going to get????? only ppm god would know

Congrats. I'm waiting for my SA to hit lvl 4 tonight.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Not that it matters much. My hockey team is sitting on 527M already:yashin:

Me too :) Thanks to my sales today, my hockey team is currently sitting at 577M :) Total income for only this season is 1.262B. In 8 days i'll have to start construction on SA 14 and after that more and more facilities will need upgarding. I'll never be this rich again :cry: back to poverty i guess

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Thanks for the info, guys. Unfortunately, experience didn't update as soon as I was hoping. I'd need to take a loan to get the guy (he was showing avg. 80 in all Qs and 5/6 CL) and he already went out. It's a shame, he would have been an immediate upgrade at PF.

For your height thing Bulls, the player I pulled in my tutorial SA pick has already grown 1 cm.

how many days??

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I have an excel that calculates almost perfectly players Rate :) only a couple gets 1 rate either more or lower for his positions (where he is in the recommended height)

Now i am going to work on the penalty for playing out of position. I have played almost all of my players on all possible positions :)

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I have an excel that calculates almost perfectly players Rate :) only a couple gets 1 rate either more or lower for his positions (where he is in the recommended height)

Now i am going to work on the penalty for playing out of position. I have played almost all of my players on all possible positions :)

Which sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad