Pouliot Trade Looks Bad

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He looked like he was getting worse defensively since his debut in 2015.

Can you support that opinion?

Yes, his last year was bad, probably even awful, but he had plenty of chances to make it back into the Penguins' lineup. You don't get passed up by the likes of Chad Ruhwedle and Cameron Gaunce by "not progressing." You get passed by them by taking a step or two backwards

Taking a step backwards is a form of not progressing. But I called it "not progressing" because it was an outlier, since he had progressed every previous year. Prospect development isn't always linear.

I don't have any issue with him being traded. In fact, I'm glad that he was. As a dozen other posters already mentioned, sometimes you need that change of scenery and I hope everything works out for him.

I'm glad he's getting his chance too.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Pouliot is back to his bum self and showing his true colors. healthy scratch now too.

What a garbage pick by Shero....atleast the pens got a pick out of him.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
No body wanted DP to be successful more than GMJR. But his work ethic and not getting better on the important parts of the game was a killer. He has talent but just is not driven to be great. pens made a good deal. Pedan is getting noticed and may be a nice surprise next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad