OT: Potential December 9th HFCanucks meet-up and watch VAN-CGY?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Wheres everyone located? Potential Surrey option?

Im in S.Surrey...
S.Surrey Townhall?
Big Ridge or Browns at 152 and Hwy 10?
Kinda of an iffy crowd so far ;)
Isn't this the corner where the Rodeo Drive In used to be? I hated to see that place go, they had great burgers and milk shakes. There was a Chevron station across #10 and a Chinese corner store kitty corner. I used to walk about a mile along the #10 and down the hill to catch the bus to high school at that corner back when the area was unpopulated countryside. It was truly the boonies then. My parents still live in the old neighborhood just south of the #10 there by the old municipal hall. I believe they put a court house and a jail in there since I moved.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I’m down. I’ll go to Surrey if someone promises to buy me a drink, I’m not schlepping from Olympic Village on a train just to be pleasant.

Hmmm, Surrey?

I thought we were talking about the place by the arena. My bad.

I live downtown and don't like leaving my bubble.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hmmm, Surrey?

I thought we were talking about the place by the arena. My bad.

I live downtown and don't like leaving my bubble.
I think towards town is still the best. Don't see the point in prioritizing Surrey unless a relative majority of people who are planning on coming are from Surrey (which i doubt)

Plus one night in town will be fun.

Maybe I'll add a poll.

However, the most important question is if @Reseob ot Etteduag is attending in which case then we will go wherever his heart desires.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2kcanucks

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Isn't this the corner where the Rodeo Drive In used to be? I hated to see that place go, they had great burgers and milk shakes. There was a Chevron station across #10 and a Chinese corner store kitty corner. I used to walk about a mile along the #10 and down the hill to catch the bus to high school at that corner back when the area was unpopulated countryside. It was truly the boonies then. My parents still live in the old neighborhood just south of the #10 there by the old municipal hall. I believe they put a court house and a jail in there since I moved.
Oh wow, you go waaay back!
Chevron is still there... kitty corner chinese corner store is replaced by a complex with White Spot/Shoppers/McDicks/CIBC/etc. On the land surrounding the Chevron is Brown's/Big Ridge/A&W/etc..
I don't remember Rodeo Drive at all.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Couldn't help but think of this thread when i saw this:

upload_2017-11-17_15-19-12.png

:D

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah maybe but you guys are too nice to me I would disappoint you. Plus im not of legal age even tho im drunk right now lol yeah im not a good Christian hahaha

But one thing is clear:

Man I love this team! :yo:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Shark Club has some huge screens now. I work at Main and Terminal so Olympic Village would be great as well, but they don't really have a bar where the TV's are big. Well Steel Toad but I find it too overpriced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad