OT: Potential December 9th HFCanucks meet-up and watch VAN-CGY?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Been thinking recently it would be cool if we went to a bar or restaurant DT to catch a game, have a few beers (or waters) - and some laughs at the state of the Vancouver Canucks while watching us play the Flames at 7.

I assume it would be best for the meet-up to land on a Friday or Saturday, and to give ample time to see if there's actual interest in this - hence why I'm suggesting that date.

Open to any and all posters of course - and hopefully OK'd by mods?

Not sure if anything like this has been done in recent memory outside of the HFVAN pickup games years back, but I hope I'm not the only one who would be interested in it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
We tried this a couple years ago. @mossey3535 @ProstheticConscience and myself were the only ones who showed up.

I'd be down with going through.

Also, I found out this past weekend that the Canucks SportsBar is now open every day. I'd recommend that as the venue. I've been there twice now and love it. Excellent sports bar.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Also, I found out this past weekend that the Canucks SportsBar is now open every day. I'd recommend that as the venue. I've been there twice now and love it. Excellent sports bar.

What are the prices like at this place? I would hate to have to pay stadium prices for what is essentially their luxury box menu.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What are the prices like at this place? I would hate to have to pay stadium prices for what is essentially their luxury box menu.

Burgers range from $16-20. Hot-dogs range from $14-18. Other dishes are in the $20-24 range. Haven't tried or seen the nachos but they're $21.

Pint size beers range from $8-10 so a bit on the pricier side, but not outrageous.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Actually I was going to post this because I'm moving to Calgary in January so I'm trying to hang out with people here one last time before I go. I'm in, but my brother does have a bunch of game tickets that month so I want to work around those dates.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wheres everyone located? Potential Surrey option?

Im in S.Surrey...
S.Surrey Townhall?
Big Ridge or Browns at 152 and Hwy 10?
Kinda of an iffy crowd so far ;)

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
We tried this a couple years ago. @mossey3535 @ProstheticConscience and myself were the only ones who showed up.

I'd be down with going through.

That's a pretty saddening

Im in S.Surrey...
S.Surrey Townhall?
I live like 5 minutes from there but it just seems fitting to pick downtown since everyone will be scattered across the lower mainland.

If we can get at least 15 people going, I'll buy 3 people a beer. Just want to see as many of us out haha.

And I like the idea of the sportsbar.. never been as I usually venture around gastown. But places can always be debated.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
I would be into something like this. I have faint memories about this thing called a social life. Would be fun to dive in for a night.

My vote would be for an all ages establishment as well.

Richmond is home for me.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

I live like 5 minutes from there but it just seems fitting to pick downtown since everyone will be scattered across the lower mainland.

If we can get at least 15 people going, I'll buy 3 people a beer. Just want to see as many of us out haha.

And I like the idea of the sportsbar.. never been as I usually venture around gastown. But places can always be debated.

That's a great idea to entice people out.

I also live about 5 minutes from there and will also buy 3 people a beer if they come out. Three different people from yours, haha.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

having my bday at twelve west tomorrow reaaaach

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
having my bday at twelve west tomorrow reaaaach
19th? Never been to twelve west but my last friend who went said it was just a bunch of 40 year old arab dudes trying to give her drinks

I have date night with the lady tomorrow so maybe ill see you throwing up on granville haha

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
19th? Never been to twelve west but my last friend who went said it was just a bunch of 40 year old arab dudes trying to give her drinks

I have date night with the lady tomorrow so maybe ill see you throwing up on granville haha
first time going there too, some of my friends work their as promoters. might as well check it out, probably will see you there boss haha

Reactions: Peen

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Im in S.Surrey...
S.Surrey Townhall?

Holy smokes, I'm in south Vancouver so I prefer downtown.
Big Ridge and Browns on 152?! Wow, haven't been there on a Saturday night since 2010/2011 season.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I’m down. I’ll go to Surrey if someone promises to buy me a drink, I’m not schlepping from Olympic Village on a train just to be pleasant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->