Post-Game Talk: Post Mortem Analysis

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I really wasn't expecting a damn thing out of this season after the first couple of months. The playoff push was fun at least.

The playoff result will make for an interesting summer. Well, probably not - who am I kidding ha.

We were promised interesting last summer. Although we did sign a #1C in Grant.

Hopefully this summer's buzzword is nuclear.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I need some pictures of grilled cheeses and cats to make me feel alive again.
giant-grilled-cheese_orig-800x533.jpg

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Awful season in so many ways. To name a few positives, Kase, Grant, Rakell and Gibson were fantastic all season long.

For the bad, pretty much everything else. When your 2nd line shutdown center is still so injured he can't practice, maybe you should recognize that and not play him. The defense all together didn't progress enough imo. Perry is a shell of his former self getting lifted by assists and his mentality know hurts the team more than it helps. I know we can't buy him out, but if we could it really drastically change this team for the better. Henrique was a damn bust in the playoffs, that whole line was, how it went from being so good in the regular season to just disappearing is beyond me. Beauch and Bieska...do I even need to say anything? They should both retire. 4th line is just not an excusable line in the modern NHL. The system is not excusable in the modern NHL. Randy Caryle is not excusable for the modern NHL. This organization needs to stop looking at the past and trying to repeat it, instead look at who's successful now and why. Speed, skill, fast transition, strong smart skaters; go in that direction. If Murray can understand that and actually adapt, then keep him. If not, leave him and RC in SJ like Florida did to Gallant.

At least some of prospects look like the type of guys who will succeed in the modern NHL, lets just hope we have a coach who can help them do so.

Reactions: The Duck Knight
Oct 18, 2011
Don't want to pin everything on one person but...RC has to take the majority of the blame. His moronic views on the lower half of the lineup are/were a big problem, his system is garbage as evidenced by the Gibson shot charts. Getting swept in a 2/3 series is all about the coaches, not the talent

Reactions: duckpuck

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My analysis is that I'm eagerly awaiting for tough questions by Eric Stephens.

It sounded like Stephens asking RC a question in the post game interview. I can only paraphrase and maybe I got it wrong but it sounded like he (ES) said that some people (players?) in the locker room questioned if this result might make management look at some serious changes. RC just said that a lot of people who aren't part of management will say a lot of things.

Did anybody else hear that?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Well at least we can cheer on the San Diego Gulls in the playof...
Ok, well our boys Steel and Mahura are killing it in the WHL playof...

What the hell do we do now?

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
It sounded like Stephens asking RC a question in the post game interview. I can only paraphrase and maybe I got it wrong but it sounded like he (ES) said that some people (players?) in the locker room questioned if this result might make management look at some serious changes. RC just said that a lot of people who aren't part of management will say a lot of things.

Did anybody else hear that?

I didn't really hear the question and I don't recognize Stephens' voice, but Carlyle did answer that.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Well at least we can cheer on the San Diego Gulls in the playof...
Ok, well our boys Steel and Mahura are killing it in the WHL playof...

What the hell do we do now?

Regina is in the Memorial Cup. Morand or Comtois could be there too.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I don't know what to do other than a coaching change. Who is even able to be moved?

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
the main problem is carlyle

but there's no chance he's getting fired

soooo yeah, that's that
if he isnt fired, then BM should be...and this team will be worse off next year then this years result.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Now is that awkward time between Ducks hockey and the start of UCLA football. I will actually have to pay attention to my wife and kid :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad