GDT: Post-Game: Wild @ Blues 1/27/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Frustrating thing is that this is the time to be padding points over Vancouver. They've got guys out right now. This is an opportunity that's being thrown away.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Sometimes I wonder if other teams struggle SO DAMN HARD JUST TO SCORE SO FEW GOALS. Been like that for years. Other teams it just comes easy, Wild has to scrape and claw just for a couple.

This is what I'm trying to say, you said it perfectly. Other teams, even if it's not every period, have these great, easy as pie looking shifts that lead to goals. Players are creative and are just DOING, not reacting.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This team is one game away from some very uneasy questions.

What the hell is wrong with this organization?

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Had a lot of fun watching your team play this season, seems like you guys haven't gotten the results that you deserved in a few games but man have I been impressed by Parise, what a player.

Also as much as I hate to say it, Heatley has been looking solid too, his GTG today was just dirty, incredible hand eye.

Just had a few questions for you guys though, whats the deal with Scandella? I thought he was solid when I watched him last season but he started the year in the minors? Why is that?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Just had a few questions for you guys though, whats the deal with Scandella? I thought he was solid when I watched him last season but he started the year in the minors? Why is that?

He was hurt and he was rehabbing some. When he was playing in Houston during the lockout he either looked lost or like the NHL defensemen he showed he can be. It was real hot or cold with him.

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
This team is one game away from some very uneasy questions.

What the hell is wrong with this organization?

They seem to lack toughness...not fighting type but they have no legitimate power forward on the team and no one outside of Clutter willing to regularly bang the body. St. Louis flat out wore them down...Well, that and taking bad 3rd period penalties. Look at all the physical players the Blues tossed out there...Oshie, Backus, Stewart and Jackman for starters. MN had...Clutter, Mikko and thats about it. Because of their size alone, Falk and Stoner need to be a little more physical on the back end. Move guys away from the Backs because historically, his play has deteriorated, the more his crease gets traffic.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So, I'm FINALLY back! What did I miss? Nice to see they got the loser point at least..

I assume Parise was the best Wild player tonight? How was the game in general?

Nope, Matt Cullen. Stoner was pretty good too, and Suter is just awesome, especially in front of the net.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Nope, Matt Cullen. Stoner was pretty good too, and Suter is just awesome, especially in front of the net.

I like the :sarcasm: at the beginning, end, and everything in the middle.

Yea Fel, Parise was the best player. Brodin looked alright, too. Seemed a little overwhelmed at times but definitely was able to make up for it.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
There was one week of training camp and no exhibition season. We are only 5 games in. The Wild took one of the best teams in the league to OT and scored 4 goals in the process. They are tied for first place in the Northwest and would make the playoffs if they started today.

Maybe we should wait a few weeks before we panic. There are a lot of new parts on this team and they haven't had time to gel yet. I bet Setoguchi, Brodziak, Clutterbuck and Bouchard don't go the whole season without scoring. Cullen looks useless so far.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I'm seriously not trolling here, but I see you all complaining about how "not tough" suter is and is soft on D. This is not new news. He never was "that" guy, that was his partner. Suter is very smart though and can pass very good. Reading some of your alls posts makes perfect sense to me, but that's his style. He will not be hitting anyone off the puck anytime soon so don't get your hopes up. He's a smart Dman, but far from physical.

THEALLKNOWING*

:laugh::handclap:

You're slaying me MK9, but you are right, this board is quite hilarious. The way (most) overact around here like the sky is falling you can't help but be amused by it. So laughable.

BUT, this team needs to change these lines up for sure as the top line has scored 10 or our 13 goals. That's unnacceptable.

But you know what...Keith Jones was right just now when he said this team is "top heavy" and that we lack depth - the Blues were clearly the better team.

I say move Granlund to top line and move Koivu to center with PMB and Seto. Although as you can see even PMB and Seto are a bit of a drop off.

We need a healthy Latandresse and probably should have picked a guy like Arnott and this team would look much more legit. Oh, and if only we could take the Nick Leddy trade back...:facepalm:
As soon as I saw Leddy's goal I knew there would be someone still in depression because he is not with the Wild. Here's something to consider. He played 12 minutes last night. That should tell you something. If it doesn't, look at his minutes per game throughout this year. 3rd liner stuff. the reason is simple, he's horrible on defense. Put him on the Wild, and what would you get? They would be even worse on defense. Get over it, while Barker didn't pan out, still having Leddy would not have helped the current Wild whatsoever.

Also, isn't it time for defensive "guru" Rick Wilson to hit the road? He has been with both Richards and Yeo, and the defensive has not improved whatsover.

Backstrom has been horrible for several years now. Watch the game, he flops to early, and then once down, it takes him forever to get back-up. Very slow. Coach Bob Mason's feet should be on the fire as well. The Wild can't have their goalies giving away a goal or two per game.

Finally, the mantra that teams can't have $2MM-$4MM contracts in the minors is hogwash. Its a sunk cost. If they aren't playing well, try something else. If a GM feels that way, yet the player continues to underperform, then trade-em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad