GDT: Post-Game: Wild @ Blues 1/27/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Played better than the last couple games. Taking the Blues to OT is no small feat. It shows progress...still can be better though.

Really? I thought it was the worst game of the season by a good margin. They did nearly nothing for two periods.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Somebody needs to clear the crease, no excuse for a scoring chance in that tight. Suter should have pummeled him.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
goalie is left out to dry by Suter, and you guys blame Backs. WTH?

Suter is horrible ... 5 games in and he is already -6 I've seen nothing by him YET this year. He better get his ***** together or he will quickly be labled as biggest bust FA signing since Gomez.

Really? It's Suter's fault that backs was out way to far when the play was so close?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Another wide open net goal, that's 5 of the 10 goals Backstrom has allow by my count.

It's ridiculous how many goals Suter has been on the ice for.
That's what happens when you're the #1 guy logging lots of minutes though. And I say that as fan who sees that he's struggling. As for Backstrom, you nailed it. Open net goals galore, because he hits the ground and takes his precious time getting back up. He'd rather try to make a save by planking.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sigh:shakehead

We should have had that one. We really should have had that one. Way way too many sloppy plays by too many people...

I hope Yeo rips into the guys a little. They need to wake the **** up, put a little more effort in, and quit stopping on plays after the puck has gone by.

I liked Parise, Brodin and Stoner.

Suter is a great d man. Unfortunately, he seems to be a little too passive at times and seems to quit on plays too frequently. He needs to stop this, like now.

Just about everyone pissed me off to varying degrees.
What game were you watching? Stoner and Falk were both abysmal!

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Cullen was horrible. I mean really really bad. Falling more than usual.

Stoner/Falk really bad. Stoner couldn't even skate by the end of the game.

Backstrom was not good, although he was left out to dry three times.

Suter good in neutral zone, O zone. Bad in own end.

1st line, excellent.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Fire Yeo. Trade em all. Panic mode engaged. They can't turn this around.
That's not the point. Am I giving up on the season? No. But there is something DRASTICALLY wrong about the fact that we are only getting goals from ONE line. This was game 5. With the exception of Granlund, it's only been Heatley, Parise, and now Koivu for the forwards. That's it. It's crazy. Insane kind of crazy.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
So we added a top-ten pick and the grand prize UFA at both forward and defense. This off-season was a GM's dream come true and we got everything you could possible ask for to make a team better.

...so how are we still so comically bad at ice hockey?
Wouldn't go that far. This isn't basketball so the two grand prize UFAs aren't turning everything around overnight. Still, the D looks like last year and everyone not on the top line is still in Lockout mode.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Sorry, but we seriously don't look any better than we have for the last four years. It's the same incredibly sloppy mistakes, lack of discipline, and general complacency and unmotivated play that we're just accustomed to by now.

If it were just one or even three losses, whatever. But it's the continuation of an incredibly long-running pattern and our cure-all hasn't really seemed to do anything.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
What game were you watching? Stoner and Falk were both abysmal!

I liked that Stoner at least wasn't quiting and was clearing the crease for the most part. Falk, I agree with you.

My main frustration with this game is how freakin lazy most of our guys looked, and to me Stoner was at least trying.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well at least the rest of our division has sucked. We're tied for first place! :cheers:

Take your optimism and go home!

:sarcasm:

Like I said earlier, really hoping this is just the same kind of slow start like we saw last year. Remember how bad we were before we started to actually gel?

651*

Fire Yeo. Trade em all. Panic mode engaged. They can't turn this around.

Seasons over. Lets focus on the draft right?

:laugh::handclap:

You're slaying me MK9, but you are right, this board is quite hilarious. The way (most) overact around here like the sky is falling you can't help but be amused by it. So laughable.

BUT, this team needs to change these lines up for sure as the top line has scored 10 or our 13 goals. That's unnacceptable.

But you know what...Keith Jones was right just now when he said this team is "top heavy" and that we lack depth - the Blues were clearly the better team.

I say move Granlund to top line and move Koivu to center with PMB and Seto. Although as you can see even PMB and Seto are a bit of a drop off.

We need a healthy Latandresse and probably should have picked a guy like Arnott and this team would look much more legit. Oh, and if only we could take the Nick Leddy trade back...:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad