Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Remember when Zetterberg and Datsyuk scored 30-40 points in their rookie seasons? Suggesting neither Tatar or Nyquist will blossom into two superstars at this point in time is premature. Kesler is past his prime and has an injury history. The Red Wings are already old and slow.
I wish people would realize the chances of plucking Zetterberg and Datsyuk out of nowhere and end up developing into the players they are were extremely rare. I'm talking 1% chance rare. I've just grown tired of comparing young x player to Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Both are elite players. Tatar or Nyquist will never be elite. You have to keep in mind Zetterberg has arguably been one of the most dominant two-way players in the games for a long time and Datsyuk has been the most dynamic offensive player for a long time.

Elite ---> Superstar ---> Great ---> Good ---> League Minimum

Right now Tatar and Nyquist are good. Realgud. They have a ceiling of great. ****, I'm feeling okay, Nyquist may hit the Superstar level. Regardless, there isn't anything wrong with them being in the great category. I like great players on my team.

What people don't get when you start suggesting that Nyquist and Tatar are comparable to Zetterberg and Datsyuk is that they will, or are, in the same category of players such as; Tavares, Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews, Stamkos, JVR, Getzlaf, etc etc etc. I like Nyquist and Tatar as much as the next fan here, but they just aren't that good. To be *that* good is just as rare as the case of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Nyquist and Tatar will be great depth players. The Red Wings as a whole will be built on great depth players. Holland has done a fantastic job in that regard. But there isn't a Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the system.

edit: Mantha is probably the only prospect that has a chance of being elite. And we still have to see what he can do against people his own size.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I have a friend who went to Churchhill High with Kesler and he tells me that Kesler was the biggest anti-Michigan guy at school. Hated the Wings and apparently couldn't wait to leave the state.

Not the hometown boy you guys are portraying him to be.

So then why does he still maintain a home there in Livonia then If he couldn't wait to get out of the state. That makes no sense and It is said that he and his family will live full time in Michigan.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I tried to fight it but apparently it's a crowd pleaser lol.

Don't like it bc it makes me think of Snookie, or baby talk. Oh well.

pookie.jpg

I don't like it either, but if it pleases the masses...

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
I wish people would realize the chances of plucking Zetterberg and Datsyuk out of nowhere and end up developing into the players they are were extremely rare. I'm talking 1% chance rare. I've just grown tired of comparing young x player to Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Both are elite players. Tatar or Nyquist will never be elite. You have to keep in mind Zetterberg has arguably been one of the most dominant two-way players in the games for a long time and Datsyuk has been the most dynamic offensive player for a long time.

Right now Tatar and Nyquist are good. Realgud. They have a ceiling of great. ****, I'm feeling okay, Nyquist may hit the Superstar level. Regardless, there isn't anything wrong with them being in the great category. I like great players on my team.

What people don't get when you start suggesting that Nyquist and Tatar are comparable to Zetterberg and Datsyuk is that they will, or are, in the same category of players such as; Tavares, Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews, Stamkos, JVR, Getzlaf, etc etc etc. I like Nyquist and Tatar as much as the next fan here, but they just aren't that good. To be *that* good is just as rare as the case of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

This is all very true, but... JVR in the elite category? That was a big time "one of these things are not like the others" for me. I could see Nyquist putting up JVR esque production at some point in his career.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
This is all very true, but... JVR in the elite category? That was a big time "one of these things are not like the others" for me. I could see Nyquist putting up JVR esque production at some point in his career.

I mean, they're the same age and Nyquist's current pace trumps anything JVR did before this season :laugh:

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
That was me more or less rambling / ranting, and JVR popped into my head so my fingers typed it. I don't have an answer for you on that one.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Nyquist and Tatar will be great depth players. The Red Wings as a whole will be built on great depth players. Holland has done a fantastic job in that regard. But there isn't a Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the system.

edit: Mantha is probably the only prospect that has a chance of being elite. And we still have to see what he can do against people his own size.

Completely agree...they will not be elite. Elite costs 7 mill a year. Great costs 4-5 with a good GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese