Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'm 100% in the stand pat camp, let the younger players play out the year for better or worse. That experience and the chance to tweak the lineup in the offseason gives the Wings a unique shot at being very competitive next season. I'm not okay with trading a first round pick, and I'm not even okay with trading a second round pick that will be in the 45 range.

OK 99%, because who knows.

I agree, although making a move for a D while shipping off Quincey would be ideal.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I have a friend who went to Churchhill High with Kesler and he tells me that Kesler was the biggest anti-Michigan guy at school. Hated the Wings and apparently couldn't wait to leave the state.

Not the hometown boy you guys are portraying him to be.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I have a friend who went to Churchhill High with Kesler and he tells me that Kesler was the biggest anti-Michigan guy at school. Hated the Wings and apparently couldn't wait to leave the state.

Not the hometown boy you guys are portraying him to be.

Every young kid has that same trash talk.

People change their minds during 15 years of adult life.

Chris Chelios is still the biggest Wing-hater ever (before -99 deadline). And how did that pan out?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445112

- Pretty light on info, but the TSN trade rumours is saying that Dreger tweeted Detroit is one of the teams inquiring or showing interest in Kesler.

- No teams are mentioned but it does say Robidas is garnering interest.

I think Robidas would be a good fit. I don't want to pay the price it would take to acquire Kesler unless it comes down from where it is now. I don't see that happening though because apparently Pittsburgh is pushing pretty hard for him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
yes but AA's scoring picked right up again. Somehow he wasn't scoring as much at ctr

Which is good, but it's still a position of less need and less value. If he is a permanent convert to wing, and keeps scoring, he frees us up to make a trade but we still need some guys to develop up the middle.

Not trying to sound overly harsh on the guy, or to rag on him, but I'd much rather have him excelling as a center - especially with his tools.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
The only way I would like to get Kesler if it's a package deal that includes Edler. Despite the horrific minus, I think he would shine on a team with other elite Swedish defensemen.

The fact that Pittsburgh is the front runner though is confusing to say the least. Aren't two of their star defensemen injured? So instead, they aim to get a forward? Just don't get it...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The only way I would like to get Kesler if it's a package deal that includes Edler. Despite the horrific minus, I think he would shine on a team with other elite Swedish defensemen.

The fact that Pittsburgh is the front runner though is confusing to say the least. Aren't two of their star defensemen injured? So instead, they aim to get a forward? Just don't get it...

Imo that Pittsburgh offer is kind of crap. If Canucks can't get any better offers, they should keep Kesler.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

Too many red flags with Edler. Just stay away from him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If I remember correctly, Buffalo's always been really keen on Pulkkinen. I hope that doesn't happen though. I want Pulkkinen on the Wings.

I really like Pulkkinen as a prospect, but I would trade him for Ehrhoff in a heartbeat.

But I have wanted Ehrhoff ever since the summer of 2011. Think he could be a .5 ppg d man and big help to the PP in Detroit. Would also help our transition game immensely.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I really like Pulkkinen as a prospect, but I would trade him for Ehrhoff in a heartbeat.

But I have wanted Ehrhoff ever since the summer of 2011. Think he could be a .5 ppg d man and big help to the PP in Detroit. Would also help our transition game immensely.

Pookie, Joker, Kindl and a 2nd for Erhoff?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
30 minutes ago

@DarrenDreger: Red Wings among teams with interest in Christian Ehrhoff, however, Det likes its youth and may do nothing if prices don't drop.

Where do all these Ehrhoff, Kesler rumours come from? Get real.......

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i think sabres would have to get an offer they can't refuse for them to trade ehrhoff. he can still be useful player for years with good cap hit.

and sabres get 10 mil recapture penalty if he retires year early before his deal ends. 5 mils for both years if 2 years early. i'd decline that offer if i'm the sabres.

Too many red flags with Edler. Just stay away from him.

like?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Where do all these Ehrhoff, Kesler rumours come from? Get real.......

Wings need a defenseman and Zetterberg is out 8 weeks.

So they are linked to teams looking to move a defenseman or center.

Seems like a pretty natural fit as far as rumors go.....

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
ehrhoff would be great. the problem is that it's division rival and and the contract.

Wings need a defenseman and Zetterberg is out 8 weeks.

So they are linked to teams looking to move a defenseman or center.

Seems like a pretty natural fit as far as rumors go.....

I'm not sure, another left handed euro-defenseman.. Wings need tough defense-first physical right-handed north american D's

And given Hollands trade record in the salary-cap era detroit shouldn't be in the rumour discussions since they don't do trades basically...atleast not player for player trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany