Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
boston would not have traded him within division, most likely... and red wings didn't have the pieces anyway.

and he wasn't elite center at the time (still isn't imo). potential one, for sure.

I agree he isn't elite, but he is exactly what this team needs.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
Kyle Turris was available a few years ago and he didn't exactly cost an arm and a leg. Although he isn't an elite center, or even a first line center for that matter. But still it was an opportunity to pick up a nice young 2nd line center that could be kept around for a while. Then we wouldn't have a bunch of people suggesting going after Kesler to fill in the second line.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
About the Byfuglien rumor:

This could be a great chance to get a right-handed defenceman, before our own RH kids are ready. Winnipeg has four of them (Byfug, Trouba, Bogosian, Postma) so they can trade one away.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I agree he isn't elite, but he is exactly what this team needs.

true dat.

Kyle Turris was available a few years ago and he didn't exactly cost an arm and a leg. Although he isn't an elite center, or even a first line center for that matter. But still it was an opportunity to pick up a nice young 2nd line center that could be kept around for a while. Then we wouldn't have a bunch of people suggesting going after Kesler to fill in the second line.

i was thinking this a while back.

phoenix may have wanted him out of conference but within conference trades aren't that rare. he went for rundblad + 2nd. so comparable from wings would have been smith + 1st (2012) imo. sosmith + quincey... for turris,who has been arguably sens first line C this year and was so last year when spezza was out.

and his contract is awesome.

shultzyfeelinirie20

Jan 30, 2012
Michigan
And who do we trade for Kopitar?

ehh a lot i know hes been my favorite player since he was drafted and on my 2nd favorite team the kings thats why i said that but he would excel with the wings style of play like no other but i would trade the moon for him in my dreams i know but just a center or his caliber and age would be perfect for when dats n z are gonners

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I like the idea of Byfuglien...hate the idea of trading our 1st though unless its lottery protected.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Although I would be pleased with a pickup for Byfuglien even at the expense of a roster player and 1st round draft pick (especially with next year's draft)....

As far as I can tell, despite Winging it postulating the opinion of should we go after this guy....I can find zero evidence that the Wings are even looking at this possibility NOR that the rumor of him being available is even substantiated...

So before I get myself too excited over this possibility - firstly it would need to be confirmed that the Jets are even entertaining the idea of moving him and secondly, that the Wings are speaking to Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille